Your roadmap ideas

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zader, Jun 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zader

Zader Avatar

I love SOTA and want to see it succeed. That being said, here are the things that would fill me with joy & make me invest every spare dollar I have in this game.

What are your personal desires for the sota roadmap? What deliverables would make this your perfect game?

-------

1. Some form of rested XP, love the 'log out in a bed' idea. Provides bonus XP gain for the duration you're in a 'rested' state.

2. More tameable options with a variety of pets & abilities...give me reasons to pull out other pets; a fire toad that does fire damage when fire damage is most wanted, pets that snare, slow. An ice spider that slows and does water damage. A flying beast that has a screetch which debuffs enemy concentration/crit chance/hit...a pet that buffs something for the party, a pet that tanks.

3. In depth brewing system complete with craftable deco to go along with it (kegs, casks, wine racks, 'cork remover' necklace +5 brewing proficiency)

4. In depth fishing system complete with message in bottle type functionality, tracking down shipwrecks and treasure caches.

5. Player Ships, global ocean travel. Fishing while aboard and danger on the high seas. Craftable and Add On ships.

6. Raid groups so guilds/large groups of friends can all group together and get XP. At least 20 members!

7. Some PVP areas that normalize player adventure level so that casuals can feel more effective when taking part...put more focus on player skill than how much grind time they have available.

8. Mounts... beautiful and unique mounts in the future but for now I'd be happy with your basic horse on a mount slot that would exist on the paper doll.

9. Agriculture...mainly bulk planting...and more reasons to grow things. The best foods shouldn't mostly be from butchered meat, I should be able to grow some main ingredients to make awesome fruit/veggie food (4 hour INT food please! :p)

10. A monk type ability to fight bare handed or with fighter type damaging staves/quarterstaff

11. Better loot on hard mobs. Additionally, crafting component drops that are required for crafting high end gear. Example; the dragon drops a tooth which is a component in dragon tooth britches which require a GM crafter. The britches have a damage shield clicky effect for example. Basically expand upon the bone armor method but add special items & effects to make it desirable functionally while keeping crafters relevant.

12. Daily adventure quests which reward adventure xp and daily crafting quests which reward producer XP. Offset the need for grinding just a hair.

13. PVP Castle defense/siege warfare/large scale attacks/attempts to claim strongholds, complete with siege weps and players running them. XP rewards to minimize the need for constant grinding of mobs.

14. Pirate ship water lot bundles. instead of current in game reskins, they should contain maritime deco options like ropes, anchors, parrots, peg legs, pirate pistol & cutlass, compass, sextant, pirate's treasure chest.

15. Mage summon pets that have unique abilities and do increasing damage as they level...or function as a Familiar.

16. Slightly more carrot and less stick. Seems like punishment is the general rule. I understand balance, but I worry about punishing yourself out of players. I realize this is less a deliverable and more a way of life.

17. Challenging quests that offer titles as a reward. Specifically I'm hoping for "Captain"

18. Wand ammo. Some small, non-OP, auto attack/charged attacks that let mages manage focus a bit by using ammo to launch magic bursts from a wand or mage staff.

19. Decay that accumulates only while online in adventure zones.

20. Tamed pet advancements; the ability to feed them for buffage and train their skills up to GM.

21. Craftable real-deal Merlin type robes that are suitable for enchantments.

discipleofweb and 2112Starman like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.