Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

You've got a winner with Highvale Outskirts, Viola won't stop playing

Discussion in 'Release 46 QA Feedback Forum' started by Vladamir Begemot, Sep 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I couldn't do the "Blow by Blow" like I did with Solace, but I don't think I needed to. Highvale Outskirts is far more polished than when Solace Outskirts came online. It also is really keeping her attention, and causing quite a bit of grinning and exploration. Good job!

Here's some things I noted from her starting with a new Offline character.

She has a sword, should have grabbed a shield. Why is suggesting shields be grabbed not happening? Why is it not opened by default?

Why don't you put Stone Fist and maybe Ripost on the bar to start with? 4 glyphs isn't going to confuse anyone, although Ripost as a counter might. Stone fist totally won't.

Her first encounter with a Frostgeist was exciting for her, but her first reaction as it was coming is that it would be friendly, and she was excited about that. She ran away because he was strong, but it left me wishing "Why aren't there friendly creatures of the forest?"

Later she would find a ghost and was really into trying to figure out what he was about.

Viola is swimming next to the boat, wishing to be in it. She's about to miss it as it goes by the dock again. How about a trigger that pulls you into the boat when you're touching it? Because it looks like she's just given up on the boat ride she wanted.

She thinks the water elementals, etc, are great, they make the game much more magical than just wolves and bears.

She's loving the super high vistas, weather, and ice spiders. (Me too.) She only had trouble with one jump, a bridge that is broken up and has one area that you "maybe" can jump to to get to a ladder. You can, but I did it for her, she wasn't confident it was doable.

She's repeatedly running out of focus. I did put earth punch and ripost on her bar earlier. I'm not sure how well she would be doing if I hadn't, because the damage output seems pretty necessary.

She got a nice Admirals hat! Nice that you can do that in SP.

She won't stop exploring even though I told her her QA duty is done for the day. So that's a great sign!

matpsch and discipleofweb like this.
  2. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

She does wonder why she's got events from March in her Player Events book.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.