Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

/zone changes

Discussion in 'Release 18 Feedback' started by parallelogram, May 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heradite

Heradite Avatar

I don't play everyday but I do play when I can. I played Friday on the dev+ server.

I'm surviving fine without /zone.

Quenton and Hazard like this.
  2. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

All i've gathered thus far is noone likes the random encounters. Thats understandable because they are nothing but a placeholder at the moment. Theres only one place on the map that I would even consider a sneak peak of the tip of the iceburg on Encounters and what they intend to do with them.

I dont think "we should have the old /zone back until the intended one is put in" is a good argument, because all they did was make it into a limited use spell triggered by a command which is what everyone was expecting eventually.

Due to the current scale of the world it doesn't feel all too big because there's a lack of stuff to do, which is a good point, but its something that will change. As far as local economies go, Making it take time to get from place to place is a great way to aid that. And hopefully, there will be markets that are only available from the towns they are in, which will also encourage trade routes and stuff <----but trade routes only work if there are a few people willing to travel them, and alot of people who arent and are looking for convenience.

The harder it is to get from place to place, the more money i see in Trading $$

3. Epona

Epona Avatar

I am , shall we say, greatly disheartened. Budner, your statement about the game being more enjoyable and playable is a serious point. We play a game to enjoy ourselves. I really believe that should be at the heart of the game: our enjoyment. And I didn't know that zoning was going to be nixed. I just explained to my son today that he can zone to his home (he was delighted) and, in fact, was happily searching for some posts about zoning when I found this. I thought that zoning was a pretty cool feature and I would love to keep it in the game.

FrostII likes this.
  4. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I wish the devs good luck in bringing to us their vision of a world where quick travel is not an option, and I am saying that in all seriousness.

But the world that I see when I look at a Novia map is going to be very large and there are going to be pockets of "fun" from one end of it to the other.
    Given that, I have to wonder how the "slow travel, regional economy" concept will work for people that have every reason to expect the ability to move from "fun" area A to "fun" area B, etc. in a reasonable time frame - and that includes group travel on the Overworld map. And it must also include the realization that many people will play an hour or less per day. If we throw those people away, then we have a seriously smaller audience.

Moonshadow likes this.
  5. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    We should not necessarily be worried about other people so much, but on what we think, other people will tell us what they think. We have a very diverse group here. I actually enjoy the travel times and the slow travel. It makes people prioritize, it makes people plan and think ahead. It makes things have consequences. I could speculate on how others feel but I am not the others so I will not.

6. Jocularis

Jocularis Avatar

Here are my two cents thoughts.

I think that slow move could be functional If it turns to be full of events and interruptions. In other word: interesting.

Now if i travel from one big place to another i encounter a lot of empty players' villages and few locations. In my journey i am only interrupted by some sort of combat scenes (wolf, spiders, skelets).. If it would be avoidable i will surely do. The point is not increase the walking speed but to create interesting paths during that journey.

This will need a lot of love, as for the journal feat, it should be related to questing and travelling in a functional way. Not is not good at all atm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.