Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Please Return Damage Resistance Back To Pre-53

Discussion in 'Release 53 Feedback Forum' started by By Tor, Apr 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Sort your buffs. armour, weps and get a grip people.

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Yeah, even using my Iron Chain I crafted, throwing up Glancing Blow 5, Parry 5, Deflect 5, Defensive Stance 5 I can kinda handle Tier 4 creatures..... one at a time heh Plate would probably help a little bit more?

3. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

aye, but when Sara speaks, many listen.

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  4. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Same here!

Eventually, you need to have a hybrid build to be really successful in the game. The basic class needs one melee/archer, Life/death and one major spell class.

Archer may be air/bow
    Bludge was great with bludge/earth
    etc... etc... etc...

Plate just has to much fizzle.

Cordelayne and Bigg like this.
  5. Yipp

Yipp Avatar

Like @Sara Dreygon I think the change was required. Yes the developers could have done a better job explaining the reasons for the change and what players should expect... however the change needed to be made.
    I do think a 100% skill return is required for ALL skills to allow players who did not have the opportunity prior to launch to change their build in light of this significant change which greatly changes how a character is played in game

discipleofweb likes this.
  6. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

@Berek and @Chris Please read the last 10 or so comments before this post. This is why a global DR Cap is not the solution

As I start crafting out of plate. :mad:

Cordelayne, Bigg and By Tor like this.
  7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

They did; several times.

Cordelayne likes this.
  8. Oyjord Hansen

Oyjord Hansen Avatar

QFT

9. Yipp

Yipp Avatar

I am afraid that I disagree... The reaction, says otherwise

Deadly Habit and By Tor like this.
  10. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Yeah, I think you are right Starman. I have been fighting doing this for so long, but with the way things currently stand it just makes the most sense!

At first I was like @Bowen Bloodgood just trying to be a heavy plate melee fighter but soon realized I was no where near as viable as those who invested in magic. For the buffs and resistance alone it made sense. Now, what is the point of wearing plate aside from ascetics? The fizzle is too damn high (just like the rent ;)) and I can make up the difference with magic...potentially. Like you said, at the end of the day a hybrid build is just going to make you more effective...

11. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

Did they? I thought I read the release notes but I don't remember reading anything about damage resistance and plate being nerfed. Didn't see anything in the announcement section either. I'm not being snarky - maybe it was there and I overlooked it.

Almar, Cordelayne and Yipp like this.
  12. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Sorry! Just got back to the Fire Department after PT and I hate running. :)

I appreciate the vote of confidence my man! Thank you for that! I guess it's the "get a grip" comment that irked me. I always try and listen to what others have to say with respect, even if I disagree. I thought your comment was meant to be abrasive and apologize if I misinterpreted.

By Tor likes this.
  13. Yipp

Yipp Avatar

Exactly. What should have happened is a statement about the change how it effects plate, chain, leather, cloth, what to expect when you fight mobs you fought the day before... etc... By not doing this developers created confusion, feed into inaccurate conclusions, & caused this reasonable uproar of the community

StrangerDiamond and By Tor like this.
  14. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

There were also posts by @Chris prior to QA where he said that he would be limiting it.

Cordelayne and By Tor like this.
  15. Yipp

Yipp Avatar

That was insufficient for the magnitude of this change

16. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

Thanks , Barugon.. I did miss it. I probably didn't give it a second thought because as Yipp just said, it was a kind of matter-of-fact, seemingly insignificant piece of info compared to the severity of the change.

17. Deadly Habit

Deadly Habit Avatar

The problem being is a lot of these changes etc are announced on say Chris' dev blog, QA forum posts, streams, discord, etc and get a minor footnote when it comes to announcements (patch notes), news, or even the general forum. Just saying this because frankly I don't check those on the regular, besides the tech talk streams on occasion because I want to know the math behind the systems. I'd rather be playing the game and working on my character than researching the forums etc for meta info or hypothetical changes that haven't occurred or been announced in a clear way that the whole community is notified (like say via email).

Cordelayne, Yipp and By Tor like this.
  18. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

You said it brother. Kudos to those that do, but I don't have the time nor the inclination. I would rather get in game and play, then pour through pages of data. Hence why those players are better than myself. Which totally makes sense, it should be that way...somewhat. It shouldn't be SO complicated that it can't be picked up by simply playing the game. Granted I am an extreme casual, playing 2-4 hours a week, so it might take me longer, but the constant "balancing" makes it difficult for me to keep up. I'm not complaining about this, simply stating my experience. I love Shroud and think this game has the potential to be something spectacular, but it's not quite there yet...:)

Almar, By Tor and Deadly Habit like this.
  19. Onyx

Onyx Avatar

Nonsense. Leather and cloth wearers, by and large have little resist. Certainly not the 100% max resist like many of us did. On mages / archers this change had almost no impact. @Chris mentioned several times that the massive max resist has only been in the game for a couple of months as I can attest to. When I saw I had 100+ max resist and elder wolves didn't even touch me anymore I knew something had changed and it wasn't my build. And they do not have time to explain every change they make to you or anyone else. Adjust. Continue on. And, if you're so new to the game that you didn't know that they sometimes adjust more than necessary and come back to fix it a bit, well then, now you do.

Elwyn likes this.
  20. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

my Max Resists before the 100+ bug was at 66.2%

[​IMG]

my Max Resists (on the same armor set) after the 100+ bug was fixed was at 61.5%

[​IMG]

so there was a nerf but I don't think it affected my gameplay that much...

Bowen Bloodgood and Onyx like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.