Stuck at 99%, any dev news?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 2112Starman, Apr 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ameresta Trilon

Ameresta Trilon Avatar

In January or February 2018 I tried updating my nvidia driver and it caused massive display issues so I rolled it back. I started getting this loading issue recently. It was occurring every day I tried to play. I updated the nvidia driver last night and experienced no further issues with zone loading.

2. Hurricane

Hurricane Avatar

Sorthious and Daxxe Diggler like this.
  3. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

Almar likes this.
  4. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

I got this for the first time yesterday logging into Owl's Head. I didn't have the latest NVIDIA driver installed because it was causing the GPU=100% problem, so I rolled back.

Last edited: May 8, 2018
  5. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

If this happens to you, please tell us what video Quality Level you are using. I don't think shadows matter.

6. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

Im using the highest setting but with shadows set to medium.

Last edited: May 8, 2018
  7. Ryan Doge

Ryan Doge Avatar

I just had this issue for the the first time while going to Owl's Head. I was on Fastest setting but switched it to Fantastic and was able to load in.

8. Fungus

Fungus Avatar

Stuck at 99%, any dev news? @2112Starman

you lucky swine, 98% and multiple crashes here too, then the next night I sail in to zone without a hitch and I've changed nothing settings wise :(

Seriously though I agree with OP and others, it could potentially put off new SotA adventurers from continuing, it's definitely not driver driven as I'm totally up to date and using top of the range gamer PC, built by one of my IT team at work and it's purely Owls Head I get this issue and no other zones (at present).

9. The Hendoman

The Hendoman Avatar

deep ravenswood stuck at 98 % two days now, lowest setting, driver good. i have been having that 100% disk drive usage thing with windows 10, even though i disabled store and cortana and virus, im still at 100 so my problem might not be related in the same way. Imma try no armour...

update: that didn't work. now im trying the video none setting and all things except cull deco unchecked...

and boom. in deep ravenswood. hmmm.

so im going to try armoured, but none video setting

and im in deep ravenswood armoured, so its probably my low end system.

THE HENDOMAN

Last edited: May 10, 2018
  10. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I just exited and reloaded the game (It had been a day or two, and hitching was getting bad) while in Blood River Outskirts at around (287, 65, 633), and got a 99% lock-up when I came back in. I set the video to Beautiful and was able to get in.

11. Vrunk Hrrk

Vrunk Hrrk Avatar

The other day I tried getting into Owls Head and got to 98% about 6 times before giving up.

Then today I get in with no issues. Sometimes changing the load in destination helps, but not always.

12. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Just got the 98% bug and I rarely crash going into Owlshead.

Microsoft Windows 10 Home - 64-bit - OEM
    Graphics Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 GDDR5 6GB DirectX 12 ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 6GB ROG STRIX VR Ready HDMI 2.0 DP 1.4 Auto-extreme Graphics Card
    Ram: 32 GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Intel Z170 Platform Desktop Memory Model F4-3200C16D-16GVK
    Motherboard: ASUS Z170-A LGA 1151 Intel Z170 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
    Hard Drive: SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" 500GB SATA III 3-D Vertical Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MZ-75E500B/AM
    Power Supply: EVGA 220-G2-0650-Y1 80 PLUS GOLD 650W ECO Mode Fully Modular NVIDIA SLI Ready and Crossfire Support Continuous Power Supply
    CPU Maximum Power: 650W
    Intel Core i7-6700 8M Skylake Quad-Core 3.4 GHz LGA 1151 65W BX80662I76700 Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 530

13. Ostvel

Ostvel Avatar

This happens extremely randomly and loading in to random locations, there seems to be no correlation between specific city or not for me. One day one city will do it, but it's neighbors won't. The next day other cities will lock up but the one from previous day I get in just fine. Most days I can zone just fine, other days I'll lock up loading in somewhere and have to restart game. (sometimes multiple times in a row) and then things will behave as if there is no problem again. I run this game at full settings at all times with no issues in lag, hitching or otherwise. I have experimented with settings and driver updates/rollbacks. It is a quite frustrating bug to pin down lol.

14. The Hendoman

The Hendoman Avatar

grr now serpederp mines is getting it, and im still on none graphics setting and nothing but deco cull checked. Oh well, it was fun for a while, blazing through scenes that stuttered before, easily picking out the resources against the low low graphics. Now i'm less inclined to think it was my card or settings or sound... im out of things to t-shoot. cortana, windows store, virus, updater, bitmine blocker, graphics, realtek drivers, graphic drivers, what's left to conflict?

THE HENDOMAN

15. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

I take off the Shroud, Heart and Crown before I go in a POT now until the loading bug is fixed.

There is also the Terminator method -

Cordelayne likes this.
  16. Koss

Koss Avatar

I dont install nvidia updates anymore. Not until this issue is fixed. Got a new one waiting now to install. Heh.

Not risking it. :)

17. LiquidBlaze

LiquidBlaze Avatar

I'm looking for reports of this happening in windows 7 personally. Oddly, I haven't experienced any of this issues since r33 asside performance and memory leak. I know if I were just a gamer and could revert to avoid issues I would. (With confirmation)

18. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

This release fixed my issue going into Serenite, no crashs at 98% but I still get them on occasion going into Owls. No, its not video card related and most definantly not my 1TB Samsung Pro 960 NVME M.2 drive. I generally zone into any area in under 10 seconds.

Cordelayne likes this.
  19. The Hendoman

The Hendoman Avatar

Well, it's been a month - did the patches cure the loading problem? or was it a change in graphic settings/fixing the 100%hdd usage error? I was finally able to stop my hdd usage errors, by scouring the web for things to shut off. and I'm still on the lowest settings.... just wondering if i can raise my gfx settings yet

THE HENDOMAN

20. hammadowna

hammadowna Avatar

No problems here. The game runs like a dream on my setup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.