How is the Story/Single Player shaping up?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rune_74, Apr 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

And I for one greatly apreciate that. I'm enjoying reading the pre-game stuff.

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Floors

Floors Avatar

That's really too bad because the deep dives this week are explaining a lot about where the game direction is going.

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Carlin the Druid Archer

Carlin the Druid Archer Avatar

Fireangel was posting up the transcript somewhere in another thread.

4. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Just to back up what FireLotus said upthread; we're intentionally not introducing a lot of the single-player story experience yet.

A common saying I've been telling people in SotA chat: "if you experience fun in the pre-Alpha, please report it as a bug". We just don't have the *game* part plugged in yet! R4 came the closest so far and it is still *very* barebones. Right now we are building the systems needed to build the story. For example, we've already committed to NPCs that follow a daily schedule, move between home and work, visiting the tavern in their off-hours, etc... but right now we only have the barest minimum of AI control over how to script that. We're still building those tools.

Richard and Tracy have been moving full steam ahead on writing out the story of the game while we work on implementing the nuts and bolts. The Hidden Vale pre-alpha is all about bolting those into the game.

5. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Thanks for the reply Lum!

Since you mentioned AI for the NPC's to move from work to home and have a daily schedual could you perhaps get into more detail on that?

For instance, will they go inside if it rains? Can we assume every NPC will have a home/bed they sleep at? Just what you said they would do has me very excited!

Time Lord likes this.
  6. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I am thinking this thread has a little more relevance now that we have heard that Companions will be a lot more shallow then we were lead to believe during the kickstarter. This is one those areas I think that was very important to a single player game.

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.