1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Release 5 Impressions & Release 6 Revised

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Apr 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Floors

Floors Avatar

I would just like to say, once again, please, please remove the requirement to "right click" in order to look around.

On a macbook trackpad, this means holding my hand in a cramped two finger button down gesture the entire time I'm running around :(

The Ultra-Mind likes this.
  2. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

To play games I think that the better option is to buy a mouse. I did it and everything works fine.

Montaigne, mike11, licemeat and 4 others like this.
  3. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

Can't you customize your key assignments already? Not sure, but I would assume movement keys included.

4. Mata

Mata Avatar

my thoughts to ...
    hm, what about people who only have one arm, but also want to play?
    Can you order or adjust this somehow?

5. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

Input keys can be changed already, including the movement keys. I've changed mine from the defaults. You can do primary and secondary keys. Didn't check to see if the arrow keys could be added as replacement keys tho.

6. Karrolanth

Karrolanth Avatar

Hopefully they'll allow some customisation - maybe not right now, but by launch.

My husband broke his wrist a couple of years ago so he bought one of those gaming mice that has a million buttons on the side, and programmed them for all the movements he couldn't use his left hand for. He played quite happily one-handed for several weeks. :)

7. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

Yes, when I picked up a new mouse a couple of weeks back, I debated whether or not to pick up one of those programmable mice with like a dozen buttons on the left hand side. Looking back now, that probably would have been the wiser choice :(

8. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

There's a setting (with hotkey) which locks your mouse in camera mode, so you don't need to keep right button pressed. You'll need to toggle out of it to click anything tho!

9. Duke Steele

Duke Steele Avatar

I really don't care how long it takes to develop SotA. Do the spirit of Ultima justice and I'll be happy.

Noctiflora and TemplarAssassin like this.
  10. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

@Darkstarr

The website & newsletter are pointing to incorrect Data, might want to update that a little since it may lead to backer expectations who come in and see the forums say something different than the website. Actually it points to a forum thread that is now outdated according to this post as well.
    -------------------
    May 22, 2014 – Release 6 Access
    • Release 6 will be available for our backers to play starting at 10:30 am CST, May 22, thru 10:00 pm CST, May 25.
    • This release will include combat decks, expanded player housing, expanded crafting, non-combat pets, waterfront scenes, expanded character creation, p2p secure trades, etc.
    • Click here to read the forum post with more information

Frost likes this.
  11. kajiwht

kajiwht Avatar

please give us a navigation minimap!!!!!! and map with current position
    and if possible one that allows us to see our friends in it... and major locations
    really hard to locate people lol

Lonn Bimmer likes this.
  12. Veylen The AenigmA

Veylen The AenigmA Avatar

Darkstarr finally hit the nail on the head. its not about when it comes out, its about the overall impact, creative massive hype and delivering a dud has killed many a mmo.

13. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

When are we going to work on the PVP aspect of things? So far everything has been geared towards PVE and a lot of us PVPrs are biting at the bit to see what comes of PVP and have been hanging out in silence to find out what is to come of it.
    This question is not for the players! it is only for you Darkstarr, RG, and the rest of the designers.
    Im tired of talking to players about this, that have only assumptions and ideas and their outlook on the subject, If a player tries to answer this i will just ignore the response. All that will do is cause static between PVP and PVE as usual.
    I and the rest of the PVP crowd need to hear what the Designers say at this point in time.

14. Karrolanth

Karrolanth Avatar

Well, if you want an answer from the Devs you could always try contacting them directly and asking politely if they'd consider giving us their new current thinking. Or post a question in the Q&A thread here.

We only have assumptions and ideas about an awful lot of things at the moment, not just PvP, and even the things we think we DO know are still subject to change as testing continues. So the PvP players are not alone in this!

But, y'know, I'm only a player so you're probably not reading this anyway... :p

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  15. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Doh! Thanks for catching this. Fixing now

16. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

i actually did read this:p You have to understand, bouncing back and forth between pvp/pve threads there is a lot of bad blood going around, and since this is Darkstarrs thread, well i think hell be looking at it :) I tried to be nice. Q/A thread is not really that good from my perspective, thats just my opinion. I read yours since you stated it was assumptions and ideas and didnt seem to bias :) now if you had come back with a snide comment etc... i would have just ignored it! So thanks for not doing that, i listen when its worth it :)

17. Karrolanth

Karrolanth Avatar

Yeah, I've seen plenty of the "PvPers are all PKing gankers!" "Well, PvE-ers are all frightened c@r3bears!" arguments. :) They just go round in circles. And this isn't a PvP thread so I wasn't going to offer an opinion on that here, I just wanted to offer another suggestion for getting the devs attention. I'd be interested in knowing more about what they plan, too, so good luck with getting some answers! (Or at least whatever their latest ideas are.) :)

Lonn Bimmer likes this.
  18. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

@Darkstarr just a followup, the link to the forums is fixed but the Upcoming Events page still has incorrect data for R5 (main continent scenes) & R6.

I'm sure this isn't just a simple tweak of course because R7 will need to be changed too. It's great the link to forum information has been updated but the public domain "Upcoming Events" link still may generate incorrect expectations for someone who may pledge just to get into R6 and wonder where the combat decks are (unless you're sneaking them in!).

Regards,
    Andernut.

19. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

@DarkStarr

Any chance you and the team might forget to disable the servers during Memorial Day and allow for an extended day of play?

*nudge nudge ;) ;)

enderandrew, Ronan, Hazard and 4 others like this.
  20. Lord Lonn

Lord Lonn Avatar

@DarkStarr
    you had mentioned in a forum that we should grab all the housing item in a brief online episode.
    In the E6 will we still be able to have these items?
    Or is it going to be a CLEAN SWEEP?
    Also are there going to be the chests in solo play like in earlier Rs?
    Thanks
    I don't mean to Lawyer you Bro lol

rild likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.