June 29, 2017 – Release 43
July 3-26, 2017 – Free Trial Test #4
July 20-23, 2017 – Comic Con Panels with Richard Garriott and Starr Long
July 27, 2017 – Release 44
Aug 12, 2017 – Syndcon (Austin)
Aug 31, 2017 – Release 45
Sept 1 – 4, 2017 – Dragon Con
Sept 22 – 23, 2017 – Ultima Online 20th Anniversary Party
Sept 28, 2017 – Release 46
Oct 13 – 15, 2017 – SotA Con 2017 (Austin)
Oct 26, 2017 – Release 47
Nov 9-12, 2017 – HoBLoTH IV
Visit the Official Announcements Forum for more updates by our team!
Our amazing community has another great lineup of in-game events planned on a regular basis. Special thanks to community member SpookyJenny (aka Jenny Phoenixfyre in-game) for help in compiling player events from the NBNN Community Calendar and Events of the Avatars calendars.
Community Event: Ordinis Mortis Shopping Extravaganza and Party!
Join us for music and entertainment this coming Sunday at 1pm CT! In addition to the many town vendors we will have live people to barter and sell. We will also have GM crafters available to make items for you by order or to answer questions, plus there is always that GM buff perk. You can enjoy Fireworks and time with the community.
This will be followed (as usual) with an After Party in Ordinis Mortis! 3 pm central. This may end up in Adultima, but that is still a mystery… join us!
Community Event: Just 1 Life – 48 Hour Streamathon
The AERIE Fund and numerous other community groups are getting together to support the Trevor Project in a 48 hour SotA themed Streamathon. The Trevor Project is a non-profit organization focused on suicide prevention efforts among lesbian, gay, transgender, and other minorities.
To see who’s streaming over the 48 hour event, including major players like Markee Dragon, Kigu Starfish, Elaina Strongbow, and several others, see the announcement in the forums. We hope you will support this great community initiative!
RPOTA Monthly $155 Writing Contest
Hear ye! Hear ye! Biographers, Historians, Diplomats, Journalists, Story Writers, Quest Designers, Videographers and Musicians! RPOTA.COM is in dire need of your amazing talents! Role-Players of the Avatar is hosting a monthly contest to award those most famous with their quill, camera, piano or lute! Simply have your creations submitted by midnight of the last day of every month to be eligible for that month’s contest! See Elgarion for (details)
Monthly Kahli (RP-PVP POT) Writing Contest
Hi there! Elgarion here. Thought I’d throw a bit more prizes into my monthly bin of prizes awarded for creative writers (and soon to be artists when I get the art module finished at RPOTA.COM).
The Hidden Treasures of Kahli (Persistent Treasure Hunting Quest)
Just within the borders of Kahli, an ancient and forgotten city of yesteryear, you are greeted by traveling merchants, disheveled and panicked, in dire need of your assistance
What say you, Avatar? Do you take up this challenge? Do you venture forth into the lands of Kahli in search of the treasure chests scattered therein? And what say you, oh virtuous one? Do you in fact return these treasures to the traveling merchants in hopes they will provide resupply to other travelers such as yourself? Or do you horde these treasures, forsaking the virtues only just now returning to these depraved lands?
There are 9 Treasure Chests Total. See what you can find! More about the event in the Community Event Forums.
- Held at the Guild Hall in VengeanceTUESDAYS
PaxLair Town Manager Hour (Tuesdays, 2pm NBT)
- Join PaxLair’s Town Manager, Sean Silverfoot, to ask questions about PaxLair, being a Citizen, holding a lot and any other questions concerning PaxLair or any of it’s boroughs: Dragons Watch, Tenakill, Lockbrier, Island of Wonders, Knowhere, Sea Nymph Grotto & Serentiy Isle. (map)
EVL Monster Mash Dungeon Crawl (Tuesdays & Saturdays, 7pm NBT)
- Every Virtue is Lasting will be holding a dungeon crawl every Tuesday (for advanced players) and Saturdays (for newer, less experienced players) to provide fun and experience for our members and guests. All are welcome! The meeting point for Tuesdays is in Owls Head (map) at the center of town near the trainer (Zenie is your teleportation Avatar and dungeon master), and for Saturdays it is in Soltown (map; Shady Death is your teleportation Avatar and dungeon master) (details)
Chillblain’s Compendium of Pain and Suffering (Tuesdays, 7pm NBT)
- Jade Dragons hosts a run through Chillblain’s Compendium of Pain and Suffering located in Braemar. Every Tuesday at 7PM NBT All are invited we will run multiple groups through if a lot show up. Come for the Fun. Come for the Challenge! (map). See Mal Hari for details.WEDNESDAYS
- Looking to break into the PVP scene but don’t want to be placed against established god-like players? We have you covered with two divisions, one for the newer, less experienced player, and one for the cream of the crop who have something to prove! (Chaos Caverns underground at Virtue Oasis on the Hidden Vale; details)
Stryker Sparhawk’s Happy Hour Wednesdays (Wednesdays, 8pm NBT)
- Stryker will travel to one of the local Novia taverns for an hour to open a bar tab for drinks in hopes of sharing stories, news, critique of the arts, music, dancing, and otherwise unplanned mayhem. Teleport to Stryker Sparhawk (details)THURSDAYS
8pm CDT Owl Sky Arena Tournament Series
- Old World Legion also known as OWL would like to invite all to the Owl Sky Arena Tournament Series! Located in Owl Sky City) directly next door to Owl’s Head on the overland map. If glory isn’t what you seek, and a tournament puts your stress at peak, you will still be most welcome to come and take a seat. There is a large area for spectators encircling the arena, so you can watch from any angle you’d like, and effectively “shift-click” one of the fighters from anywhere in the bleachers.FRIDAYS
7pm CT Vengeance Madness PVP
- This is an Open PvP event where everyone fights it out in a royal rumble to see who the ultimate death dealer is! An hour of PvP madness that you cannot miss. The person who ends up with the most kills will be the champion! This is an opportunity to test skills, templates, items, and strategy, but most of all to have fun! An hour full of madness you cannot miss out on! Whether you are a usual PvP’er or not… Anyone is welcome to come out and join us. Winners may win entries into the BMC-Grid Iron. (City of Vengeance; teleport to Bambino LudoVate; map).SATURDAYS
7am CT Wake Up New Britannia!!! With Woftam and Selene
- Woftam and Selene broadcast on Radio Free Britannia (wrfb.rocks) from the Wake Up New Britannia Studio in Central Brittany at the corner of Hutchinson Heights and the Royal Thoroughfare. Includes Interviews with the Community, Contests for in-game gold and prizes, What’s New for the week in New Britannia, and your Best Bets for SotA weekend events! (details)
- Come to PaxLair and see what’s happening! For two hours (more or less) we work together on projects, create ideas and have fun together. It’s sort of a weekly time to gather and do things together. Everyone in Novia is welcome! (PaxLair, map; or teleport to Winfield or Sean Silverfoot)
11am CT Church of the Dark Star – Saturday Service
- High Priestess of Chaos, Amber Raine, and the Dean of the Novian Academy, Kazyn Phoenixfyre, welcome you to the Church of the Dark Star. A shared project, built upon equality, where all are welcome. Services range from what is Chaos and Order to how they affect different aspects of life. The path you choose is yours. (Alternating locations; details)
6pm CT Port Phoenix: Social Nights
- Come out and join the republic in one of many potential events (chosen new each week). Each week we get together for everything from fishing, to music, to gustball to PVE duneoneering and adventuring. (Contact Kazyn Phoenixfyre for details)
Global Gustball Competition (Saturdays, 7pm NBT)
- “Seekers of Virtue” and Silverston town (Access through Wagon in Kingsport) are pleased to announce the beginning of GGC events and invite all Novia adventurers to participate in a unique series of none-PvP contests. These contests will take place during the next several weeks on a special course that will be specifically and individually designed for every stage of this competition. Participants will be able to enjoy a great company of competitors, fun and engaging game and welcoming atmosphere of the town. Visit the event post in the forums for details.
- Do you crave adventure and don’t want to battle alone? EVL has your back with our fun packed PVE nights hosted weekly! An EVL dungeon guide will assist newer less experienced players in their pursuit of adventure and glory! It meets in Soltown (map) and your teleportation avatar and guide for the evening will be Shady Death.
7-9pm CT Order’s Auction Hall
- Welcome to the debut event for the Order’s Auction! Please be sure to check our website listings and feel free to contact Violation to list your items! Many additional items may be sold at the actual Auction, and, any unsold items from the Auction Hall will be auctioned during our monthly gathering! Don’t miss it! (Brittany, map; details)SUNDAYS
11am CT Hospitaller Weekly Voice Meeting
- Everyone is welcome to our player community’s weekly Hospitaller meeting. It is open to anyone and everyone, not just Hospitallers. We talk about many things and work hard to find ways to help new players. This meeting is one hour long and we have additional sidebars after the meeting. (Soltown, map; Discord Chat Channel, SotAHelp.org)
2pm CT Role-Player’s Meet and Greet
- Please join us for an open role-players meet and greet this Sunday at 2 pm CST. The event is at the Tavern in the center of Bastion’s Point right near the entrance. Your hosts are: Larawyn Skjaldmaer, Baene Thorrstad and Hollis Nirantae. Bastion’s Point is the first player run town north of Soltown and easy access for all new players. We thank Bastion’s Point’s leadership team for allowing us to host this community wide event in their town.
- Ladies and gents! A while ago in the distant past, there were tales of roaving lands of brave, noble adventurers who sought fame and glory in the deepest, darkest reaches that the world could offer. These men and women, gods amongst men, charismatic, beautiful, didn’t do it for the money! No, they did it for the adventure!It’s time we brought it back.The Bear Tavern Pub Crawl, the cross between a riot, a badly organised military operation and a Millwall football hooligan social will be venturing out to ruin the peace and tranquility of New Britannia. We’ll be leaving tactics, careful planning, dignity and most importantly any hope of a long life expectancy well and truly at the door. Instead, we’ll be setting out to stab anything that moves, and loot anything that isn’t nailed down.Details in the forums.
- If you’re in the neighborhood, feelin’ feisty, or just loking to hone your PvP; come on over to Westend on Sundays at 3pm NBT. I’ll be hosting casual pick-up fights in a relaxed no-loot environment on a city lot designed to be a PvP playground. This is a non-PvP zone so participants and spectators can feel secure until they choose to pick an opponent and enter the fence… map; see forum post for details)
3:30pm CT Astronomy Night
- Astronomy Night is back! For those who wish to know more about our night sky, related lore or just gazing at the stars. Astronomy Night is a one hour ‘class’ on New Britannia astronomy. The event will be at Caer Dracwych this Sunday, Jan 15th at 3:30 NBT (CST). For more information, see Bowen Bloodgood.
- The BMC is proud to present the nastiest, the foulest, the most feared arena in all of New Britannia! The Grid-Iron is equipped with a pit-style arena, locker rooms, a VIP round-table, betting & vendor booths, and all the blood-sport you can handle. (Blackrock Cove on Novia near Etceter Crag Mines, map; see forum post for details)
Do you wish your event to be listed here? Send a PM to Berek with a request!
Keep in mind that we evaluate each event and any associated guild/site/group that is organizing the event on merit, overall standing in the community, website activity, etc. We reserve the ability to update this list at any time that is needed.