Visit the Official Announcements Forum for more updates by our team!
Our amazing community has another great lineup of in-game events planned on a regular basis. Special thanks to community member SpookyJenny (aka Jenny Phoenixfyre in-game) for help in compiling player events from the NBNN Community Calendar and Events of the Avatars calendars.
AERIE FUND – Master of the Forge – Community Collections
Not wanting to let the Devs have ALL the fun (or the glory), Community Crafters have offered up some formidable item submissions. These items are no joke – proving in-game crafters make the world (and economy) go round. Many thanks to their blood, sweat and tears at the forge!
Which one of of these Community Crafters will be deemed the Community Master of the Forge? That is up to you to decide, Avatars.
‘Like’ the posts for the ITEM(s) you LOVE. The most liked item will declare its maker the COMMUNITY MASTER OF THE FORGE – 2017 – at midnight (NBT) on December 16th.
NOTE: Community Master of the Forge is a separate competition from the Developer Version. So, please, vote for each!
HAVOC Holiday Party – Dec. 15 at 8pm-midnight CT
It’s that special time of year again for the Havoc Holiday Party! Everyone is invited! The party will be at the Player Owned Town of Festival’s Zone-In point. To reach Festival, go to Owl’s Head in the Hidden Vale and click the Hot Air Balloon link at the front of the town from the Default entrance.
Avatar’s Radio with DJ Alliene Dragonfyre — First two hours will be Holiday Music and Allie’s Choice, Second two hours will be Avatar’s Radio Dance Format.
Secret Santa Exchange – If you wish to participate in the popular Secret Santa Exchange, donate any item 5000gp or less in value. At the party, you will receive one of the gifts given by another player. In addition, like last year, if you wish to donate more than one time, the gift will be given out to other guests at the party.
Personal Gift Exchange — Contact Engineer to place a special item under the Christmas Tree for any other player. Gifts will be exchanged during the party.
Lots of Music, Caroling, and Dancing — Bring your favorite music and instruments along! Like last year, there will be many opportunities to play your own music, caroling, and having a blast!
Door Prizes — Yes, door prizes will be given away to people in attendance.
And more! We will announce new events as they are organized.
Holiday Extravaganza in Winter Spur – Dec. 16 at 8pm CT
You are invited to join us in celebrating the Holidays @ Winter Spur! The Oceania guild and friends will be hosting their first Holiday Extravaganza on Dec. 16 at 8pm CT. For all you Aussies that’s Sunday, Dec. 17 at 1pm (Syndey time).
There will be vendors available for your holiday shopping needs with special deals. Don’t forget your snowballs and bring your friends!
RPOTA.COM Weekly Outlander Creativity Spotlight
Hear ye! Hear ye! Biographers, Historians, Diplomats, Journalists, Story Writers, Quest Designers, Videographers and Musicians! RPOTA.COM is in dire need of your amazing talents! Role-Players of the Avatar is hosting a weekly spotlight extravaganza awarding those most adept with their quill, camera, piano or lute! All creations at RPOTA.COM are eligible to be spotlighted each week. Spotlighted creators receive $10 Add-On Store Credit and links to their fine work will be shared with the Shroud of the Avatar community! See Elgarion for (details)
The Hidden Treasures of Kahli (Persistent Treasure Hunting Quest)
From Elgarion: “Just within the borders of Kahli, an ancient and forgotten city of yesteryear, you are greeted by traveling merchants, disheveled and panicked, in dire need of your assistance. What say you, Avatar? Do you take up this challenge? Do you venture forth into the lands of Kahli in search of the treasure chests scattered therein? And what say you, oh virtuous one? Do you in fact return these treasures to the traveling merchants in hopes they will provide resupply to other travelers such as yourself? Or do you horde these treasures, forsaking the virtues only just now returning to these depraved lands?”
- Held at the Guild Hall in Vengeance
PaxLair Town Manager Hour (Tuesdays, 2pm NBT)
- Join PaxLair’s Town Manager, Sean Silverfoot, to ask questions about PaxLair, being a Citizen, holding a lot and any other questions concerning PaxLair or any of it’s boroughs: Dragons Watch, Tenakill, Lockbrier, Island of Wonders, Knowhere, Sea Nymph Grotto & Serentiy Isle. (map)
Chillblain’s Compendium of Pain and Suffering (Tuesdays, 7pm NBT)
- Jade Dragons hosts a run through Chillblain’s Compendium of Pain and Suffering located in Braemar. Every Tuesday at 7PM NBT All are invited we will run multiple groups through if a lot show up. Come for the Fun. Come for the Challenge! (map). See Mal Hari for details.
- Looking to break into the PVP scene but don’t want to be placed against established god-like players? We have you covered with two divisions, one for the newer, less experienced player, and one for the cream of the crop who have something to prove! (Chaos Caverns underground at Virtue Oasis on the Hidden Vale; details)
Stryker Sparhawk’s Happy Hour Wednesdays (Wednesdays, 8pm NBT)
- Stryker will travel to one of the local Novia taverns for an hour to open a bar tab for drinks in hopes of sharing stories, news, critique of the arts, music, dancing, and otherwise unplanned mayhem. Teleport to Stryker Sparhawk (details)
- Join Sara Dreygon and Andartianna Zazeriz on http://www.WRFB.rocks. Every Thursday from 1 am to 3am NBT/CST. Tune in on any Aether Vibration Device. Our show features music from Sara’s Secret Sanctuary, current SOTA interests, guest speakers from the community, story segments from Andar’s writing collection on www.RPOTA.com, and our weekly “Kill US” challenge for players to come and try to kill us in the city of Kahli for prizes. Visit our show’s site http://www.snashow.com
8pm CDT Owl Sky Arena Tournament Series
- Old World Legion also known as OWL would like to invite all to the Owl Sky Arena Tournament Series! Located in Owl Sky City) directly next door to Owl’s Head on the overland map. If glory isn’t what you seek, and a tournament puts your stress at peak, you will still be most welcome to come and take a seat. There is a large area for spectators encircling the arena, so you can watch from any angle you’d like, and effectively “shift-click” one of the fighters from anywhere in the bleachers.
- Organized Chaos would like to invite outlanders near and far to join us for our grand master training class weekly on Thursdays from 9p-10p NBT to train with our guild’s grand master adventurers. Take advantage of the training bonus by partying with our members and work through those skills faster with the pooled experience you bring to the class. The class is hosted by Andartianna Zazeriz who currently has 95 GMs in the adventure tree (magic and defense).You are also welcome to test out your pvp builds by dual with Andar during the class. The class is held in Verat Chaos in the arena basement in front of the docks just inside the city. For any information regarding available skills for training contact Andartianna Zazeriz in game or @Andartianna on the forums.
7pm CT Vengeance Madness PVP
- This is an Open PvP event where everyone fights it out in a royal rumble to see who the ultimate death dealer is! An hour of PvP madness that you cannot miss. The person who ends up with the most kills will be the champion! This is an opportunity to test skills, templates, items, and strategy, but most of all to have fun! An hour full of madness you cannot miss out on! Whether you are a usual PvP’er or not… Anyone is welcome to come out and join us. Winners may win entries into the BMC-Grid Iron. (City of Vengeance; teleport to Bambino LudoVate; map).
8pm-Midnight CT The Beat of Novia
- The Beat of Novia – Dance Music Friday Nights from 8pm-12am with DJ Alleine Dragonfyre only on Avatars Radio. Tune in on your aether vibration device or come down to the underground at Clubsidius in Obsidius (nested in Soltown) and many other venues all across Novia.
7am CT Wake Up New Britannia!!! With Woftam and Selene
- Woftam and Selene broadcast on Radio Free Britannia (wrfb.rocks) from the Wake Up New Britannia Studio in Central Brittany at the corner of Hutchinson Heights and the Royal Thoroughfare. Includes Interviews with the Community, Contests for in-game gold and prizes, What’s New for the week in New Britannia, and your Best Bets for SotA weekend events! (details)
- Come to PaxLair and see what’s happening! For two hours (more or less) we work together on projects, create ideas and have fun together. It’s sort of a weekly time to gather and do things together. Everyone in Novia is welcome! (PaxLair, map; or teleport to Winfield or Sean Silverfoot)
11am CT Church of the Dark Star – Saturday Service
- High Priestess of Chaos, Amber Raine, and the Dean of the Novian Academy, Kazyn Phoenixfyre, welcome you to the Church of the Dark Star. A shared project, built upon equality, where all are welcome. Services range from what is Chaos and Order to how they affect different aspects of life. The path you choose is yours. (Alternating locations; details)
Global Gustball Competition (Saturdays, 4pm NBT)
- “Seekers of Virtue” and Silverston town (Access through Wagon in Kingsport) are pleased to announce the beginning of GGC events and invite all Novia adventurers to participate in a unique series of none-PvP contests. These contests will take place during the next several weeks on a special course that will be specifically and individually designed for every stage of this competition. Participants will be able to enjoy a great company of competitors, fun and engaging game and welcoming atmosphere of the town. Visit the event post in the forums for details.
4pm CT Virtue League Season 8
- Registration is at 4:00 PM NBT with fights beginning at 4:30 PM NBT! Every Virtue is Lasting cordially invites you to The Virtue League Tournament every Saturday afternoon at 4:30 PM NBT (Central-Server-Time).Look for giant Virtue Statues! Visit the NEW Virtue Coliseum Complex on Virtue Isle.
- Do you crave adventure and don’t want to battle alone? EVL has your back with our fun packed PVE nights hosted weekly! An EVL dungeon guide will assist newer less experienced players in their pursuit of adventure and glory! It meets in Soltown (map) and your teleportation avatar and guide for the evening will be Shady Death.
7-9pm CT Order’s Auction Hall
- Welcome to the debut event for the Order’s Auction! Please be sure to check our website listings and feel free to contact Violation to list your items! Many additional items may be sold at the actual Auction, and, any unsold items from the Auction Hall will be auctioned during our monthly gathering! Don’t miss it! (Brittany, map; details)
11am CT Hospitaller Weekly Voice Meeting
- Everyone is welcome to our player community’s weekly Hospitaller meeting. It is open to anyone and everyone, not just Hospitallers. We talk about many things and work hard to find ways to help new players. This meeting is one hour long and we have additional sidebars after the meeting. (Soltown, map; Discord Chat Channel, SotAHelp.org)
- A Public Auction at the Veritas Sanctuary Auction House where any player may list items for sale with the town and any player can bid on them. Common auction rules are followed. Items up for auction typically include high-end crafted gear, artifacts, expired items, add-on store items, telethon or pledge rewards, and more. There is a minimum required value of an item or stack of items for entry into the auction, to discourage auctioning low value items. Mystery lots are also available!
- Ladies and gents! A while ago in the distant past, there were tales of roaving lands of brave, noble adventurers who sought fame and glory in the deepest, darkest reaches that the world could offer. These men and women, gods amongst men, charismatic, beautiful, didn’t do it for the money! No, they did it for the adventure!It’s time we brought it back.The Bear Tavern Pub Crawl, the cross between a riot, a badly organised military operation and a Millwall football hooligan social will be venturing out to ruin the peace and tranquility of New Britannia. We’ll be leaving tactics, careful planning, dignity and most importantly any hope of a long life expectancy well and truly at the door. Instead, we’ll be setting out to stab anything that moves, and loot anything that isn’t nailed down.Details in the forums.
- If you’re in the neighborhood, feelin’ feisty, or just loking to hone your PvP; come on over to Westend on Sundays at 3pm NBT. I’ll be hosting casual pick-up fights in a relaxed no-loot environment on a city lot designed to be a PvP playground. This is a non-PvP zone so participants and spectators can feel secure until they choose to pick an opponent and enter the fence… map; see forum post for details)
3:30pm CT Astronomy Night
- Astronomy Night is back! For those who wish to know more about our night sky, related lore or just gazing at the stars. Astronomy Night is a one hour ‘class’ on New Britannia astronomy. The event will be at Caer Dracwych this Sunday, Jan 15th at 3:30 NBT (CST). For more information, see Bowen Bloodgood.
- The BMC is proud to present the nastiest, the foulest, the most feared arena in all of New Britannia! The Grid-Iron is equipped with a pit-style arena, locker rooms, a VIP round-table, betting & vendor booths, and all the blood-sport you can handle. (Blackrock Cove on Novia near Etceter Crag Mines, map; see forum post for details)
Do you wish your event to be listed here? Send a PM to Berek with a request!
Keep in mind that we evaluate each event and any associated guild/site/group that is organizing the event on merit, overall standing in the community, website activity, etc. We reserve the ability to update this list at any time that is needed.