1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

New Pledge Rewards, New Pledge Tiers, Player Owned Towns & Stretch Goal Store Megapost

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jun 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

Question : Is a 5 story town stone basement the same as a 5-story split-stone basement?

Vyrinor, Deliverence, Maka and 2 others like this.
  2. Ashlynn [Pax]

Ashlynn [Pax] Avatar

Ahh, the old "if you think you can do better" argument. I haven't seen that one in a while. I did already suggest they try to bring in larger numbers of new backers pledging small amounts.

Unless of course you expect me to come up with a complete marketing strategy right here. In which case I hope you'll refrain from all critique on any technical aspect of the game if you're not a programmer or artist who can produce a design document or create art assets.

Tarsilion and Caliya like this.
  3. Lord Lonn

Lord Lonn Avatar

If we do buy upgrades by R7... can we find lots for new Lord spots is there enough TOWN lots to go around?
    or do we have to wait for R11 or how long will the enviroment be able to handle the more

don't take everything personal

4. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

No... I simply asked a question. I'm not being confrontational.
    Do you have any suggestions how that might be done?

Deliverence, Maka and Time Lord like this.
  5. herradam

herradam Avatar

The 150 sq metres of the row lots are comparable to the interiors of which existing houses? I'd like an idea of the interior size.

Maka and Time Lord like this.
  6. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

The last release devoted to polish they stated was to present at E3 to bring in new backers. At the same time they smoothed out the tiers and handed out new rewards to current backers. Many players may decide to push to Ancestor+ as well. So they are creating housing tiers for lower pledges to bring money in at the low end, responding to player feedback that requested tiers between Knight/Lord and Lord/Baron and are creating an intro video and working on the presentation for E3 to bring in new backers.

This is all full of win and I'm happy with the way they presented this, incorporated our feedback and with the final result they came up with. Sure there's things to nitpick, but the things I might nitpick another person likes - you can't be all things to all people but they did a pretty good job here.

Kaisa, Deliverence, Arianna and 5 others like this.
  7. !(Blood0men)!

!(Blood0men)! Avatar

Love the new ideas, dunno If I can make the deadline for Duke for February 2015; ill make Baron EZ tho, unless they expand the deadline again :)

Kaisa, Maka, Soleidad and 8 others like this.
  8. Beli

Beli Avatar

In the same boat as you BloodOmen, but I think we can do it. Might have to cut down on those Christmas presents this year. j/k :)

Terminator, Maka, licemeat and 3 others like this.
  9. Gubbles

Gubbles Avatar

Was there a February 2015 date posted somewhere that I missed?

Maka and Time Lord like this.
  10. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

There is no officially listed release date. Previously, payment plans went through September 2014, when the first real beta was scheduled for October 2014. With payment plans no extending to February 2015, some people (like myself) are inferring the new planned beta date is Feb/March 2015.

Maka, Tarsin and Time Lord like this.
  11. !(Blood0men)!

!(Blood0men)! Avatar

It was Posted by Dallas, on the Store page.
    Monthly Payment Plan Extended Through February 2015
    We have received many requests from community members to extend the monthly payment plan past September 2014, allowing for smaller, more affordable monthly payments. So to help those of you that need a little more time to meet your pledge upgrade goal, we’ve added 5 more months to the plan, extending it to February 2015.

Was posted on 05.09.2014

Maka, Tarsin, Amberraine and 3 others like this.
  12. danceswithstaplers

danceswithstaplers Avatar

(Sorry I missed the original post in the Dev section, been lax on the forums lately)

I have a couple reactions to this proposal. As one of the main proponents of the row houses, I must say, WELL DONE! THANK YOU!

However...

I can't help feeling a little burned (not accusing anyone of anything). I pledged $500 during Kickstarter, with the main driver being the tax free lot. Now, it seems like I could have gotten a row house lot while paying half the price. It seems like I should have committed less at Kickstarter and waited.

Unless...

I'm not trying to lawyer anyone's bro, but I seem to remember it being suggested in hangouts around the Kickstarter time that you'd be able to plant/garden/farm things on your lot. If that's going to be the case, then I do see the value of a village lot over a row house lot.

However...

That begs the question. Why would I upgrade my house to a larger house when I would lose farming space? It seems I'd be better off to just stick with the Citizen house to save land for farming.

I'm assuming a majority of citizen pledges like myself were motivated by the tax-free house lot more than anything else. It seems like there should be some kind of housing related addition to the tier, other than a windmill decoration. Not trying to complain. I know you guys have a hard job and this stuff gets complicated. Is it a possible to give Citizens' a row house lot along with the village lot? I'm assuming you guys don't want to go in this direction since you've specifically limited the additional lot bonus to Lords and above, and I'm sure you have good reasons for it. It just seems like the relative value of the Citizen level is getting eroded over time.

Thanks!

Maeryck, Maka, Olahorand and 3 others like this.
  13. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

You could upgrade to Lord and you can get a row lot deed along with your town lot deed. both will be tax free.

However you got what you paid for with the citizen pledge. You are getting a village lot not a row lot. You don't get both. Knights don't get both either, and knights have better houses.

14. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

I would like to take this opportunity to say:

I called it.

Behold, first of the pitchforks!

Vyrinor and Amberraine like this.
  15. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

You can farm on your lot, and/or put yard decorations in your lot (with the exception being people with row lots don't have the option of an empty lot for farming).

A row lot is 1/4 the size of a village lot. The house fills the whole lot.

As a Citizen, your pledge just gained:

• Double Starting Recipes: you start with twice as many known recipes as other players
    • Artisan’s Box of Plenty: Generates a random resource / reagent once per week
    • Starting supplies sufficient to craft four of each starting recipe in the book
    • Non Combat Clockwork Pet: Choose 1 of 3. NOTE: This is in addition to the other non-combat pets you receive from other tiers.
    • Second Character Slot (Rent Free): Marked as Kindred and shares reputation and last name. Character slots purchased via Add On Store will be charged a monthly rent via in game currency that if not paid will prevent login with that character.
    • Puzzle Box: Once per week this box presents the player with a puzzle to solve. If solved the box will generate a random thing (money, weapon, resource, etc).
      Non Combat Clockwork Pet: Choose 1 of 3
    • Fyndoro’s Tablet of Finding: Once per day can be used to find a player by writing the name on the tablet. A version of this item appeared in the book “Ready Player One” by Ernie Cline
      Magical Printing Press: Once per week a Patron can use this object to publish a book in the world for free (publishing normally costs a fee per copy)
    • Non Combat Clockwork Pet: Choose 1 of 3
    • Third Character Slot (Tax Free): Marked as Kindred and shares reputation and last name. Character slots purchased via Add On Store will be taxed
    • Ancestor’s Cloak: cloak with the Ancestor symbol
    • Stone 2 Story Row House
    • Novia Map Atlas: All the minimaps in one compendium (other players have to collect them individually)
    • Stone 3 Story Row House
    • Phonograph: Plays wax cylinders of music
    • Stone 4 Story Row House
    • Wireless Device: Plays streamed audio content
    • Wind Power House Deco
    • Reagent Plant: Choose 1 of 3 that grows a common reagent. It must be watered each day. Once per day (if watered) 24 hours later it will generate a reagent
    You had a tiny, 1 story Citizen house before. Now you have a 4 story Row house on a larger Village lot, plus all those extra items for free. Not too shabby!

Maeryck, Isaiah, Mishri and 7 others like this.
  16. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Anyway now the market is open to change your pledge. I'm sure that with the new system we will have a new wave of changes and some people will want even jump to a higer level. Personally I'm happy with all the changes in my Citizen/Eldelmann level. And still will jump soon to Knight just to support the game. That is the real point of "pledging".

Mishri, Khloec, Kaisa and 3 others like this.
  17. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

The row lots are one quarter the size of a village lot. The plan for row houses is not to have any available yard space. I guess you could say they'll be maybe a third of a village house, considering that a village house doesn't extend to the edges of the lot.

Kaisa and Eriador like this.
  18. danceswithstaplers

Pitchforks? I thought I was pretty tame.

Kaisa and enderandrew like this.
  19. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Well, the benefactor village house takes up less than 1/2 of the lot, but the row house has 2 stories, so I'd say they are about the same size overall.

20. danceswithstaplers

The appeal of the row house anyway is not it's space. It's the urban environment created by having all the narrow lots close to each other, creating population density. A row house in a non-row house lot might look kind of funny. Although it sounds like it would allow for a lot o farming space.

Mishri, Kaisa, Deliverence and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.