non target based combat , full loot pvp is so unpopular , so why life is feudal is place 1 in steam

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by baronandy, Sep 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. baronandy

baronandy Avatar

Abydos, Ahuaeynjgkxs and sn0tub like this.
  2. DavenRock

DavenRock Avatar

There are quite a few games that have been greenlit and still have not succeeded. It's all about the current fan-base.

3. sn0tub

sn0tub Avatar

No

It is proof that these kind of games can support a player base. The main issue is its normally a fringe / indie developer that takes the chance and ultimately not making it main stream.

If there is further doubt look at the comments for SOTA in Greenlight....alot of people wanting those UO feels.

SO sick of the argument Non Consensual PvP = No money.

The problem with non target combat ie chivalry, M&B, Feudal etc is the Latency that MMOs will have. Its not like you can CHOOSE your local server that has the best ping to merrily go and hack. You are going to have peeps all across the world playing all with varying latency. Having it favour the closest demographic to the server is a bit of a turn off

4. baronandy

baronandy Avatar

thats why a good game have to have an na and european server .

or a server inbetween like in finnland that nobody have a ping highher then 100.

i mean doesnt matter if combat is good or not , players stop playing it if they have a 300 ping , rubber banding and desinch.

and even if life is feudal combat is crappy atm and hopefully improve it shows what the people like, i personally not like tab target system , even if you have combo effects and whatever it is no fun for a melee , it just cant be

why not make it like ehre :(

still the only melle combat system that blows me still away it feels so good

5. Biblik

Biblik Avatar

Wow I don't keep up with many games these days but that Life is Feudal game has full sandbox building and terrain manipulation, that is crazy. I wonder how big the world will be.

6. baronandy

baronandy Avatar

3 km 2 for lif yo and 64 players

62 km 2 for mmo is what i got told and 10 k players

7. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Yes, that is assuming the only reason that they are popular is because they offer full loot and physics based combat....different things may attract players to the game. Seems very simplistic to assume that is the reason that game is doing well....it looked interesting to me, but it wasn't for the reasons you think they are popular and that's just me.

Silent Strider and Net like this.
  8. baronandy

baronandy Avatar

i think its more a mixture of all. sandbox system with loot , player driven economy and aimed based combat (all things done right). you can be a pk but get punished hard with skill lost, like in uo (no botters because you would be killed mining afk)

you can see in the developer stream they were insipred from ultima online because they liked the game.
    even if the combat is really pre alpha and dont offer directional blocking atm and is still far behind mortal online´s combat (only released mmo which is uo like)
    lif have a great potential when they now get money

nr1 in steam sales means that there are a lot of players who are not afraid of a full loot system

i would be happy if both sandboxes lif and gloria victis will be very succesfull, finally sandbox games in production, the more im sad sota the creators of the original ultima online go the world of warcraft way !!!

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  9. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Your reasons for being excited are different then mine...none of what you said were the things that interested me in the game...in fact I didn't know most of that.

Mishri and Silent Strider like this.
  10. baronandy

baronandy Avatar

i know everyone like something else but it prevent horrible problems like botting , will attract pvp gamers , people who have played shooters find a more attracting. as a crafter you always sell your gear because players frquently loose there stuff.
    sure it have downsides like grifers, but a nice panalty when they die can fix that.

so the avarage pvp player which dont think about himself being soo good to not die once , will join guilds with guild wars or factions , where you wont get a panalty for killing other enemys. in my opinion not every miner should be killed but you should be able to if you want.

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  11. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Like I said, none of the op reasons were the reasons I found the game interesting....and I doubt I'm alone in that. You can't make it a black and white argument and try and fit a round peg into a square hole.

cartodude and Silent Strider like this.
  12. Morkul

Morkul Avatar

Sales do not say anything about how players like the game. Sales says a lot of what players THINK they like to play before they even tested.

Numbers on how many actually plays the game are far more interesting when it comes to what players really like. Take Rust for as an example, good sales but constantly loosing players: http://steamcharts.com/app/252490

Another game that a lot of people here are DayZ but they are also continuously losing players: http://steamcharts.com/app/221100 (Their huge loss in March was a lot due to server problems.)

But still all of those games, including Life is Feudal, are not in the same genre as SotA. SotA are more of a storytelling game than any of those games and SotA is not a sandbox game.

Leos likes this.
  13. Leostemplar

Leostemplar Avatar

Please, never ask for a Combat System like Chivalry: Medieval Warfare ever again.
    It's terrible, the worst thing I’ve ever seen.

It may look good to someone who never played it before, but they have something that is called 'Drag'. Drag is basically the action to drag the mouse while attacking. When you 'drag' towards the attack, you make it faster, so if you attack with a clockwise swing and also turn your mouser clockwise, your attack strikes faster. Which is ok. But you can also do the same attack (clockwise swing) and turn your mouse counter clockwise, which will slow down your attack (I’d say up to 1/3 of the natural speed), catch you opponent in their recovery phase (where they can’t parry again) and deal the same damage. It's basically an exploit that the devs couldn't or didn't care/want to correct. There's also the ridiculous overhead backhit, where you look 180 degrees toward the sky, turn your back to the enemy and hit him immediately (seriously, it is instant damage) with what should have been an overhead attack.

Sometimes the game looks like to be about ballerinas and not knights =/

Please, never ask for a combat like that again.
    Never.

Peace,
    Leos.

TemplarAssassin likes this.
  14. baronandy

baronandy Avatar

its no exploid its a game mechanic

4 min 39 , if you play a bit longer, its easy just look a bit more left when you see he holds the blade a bit longer back then normal.
    or look up if he use a jumping overhead

15. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

I think there is something to this. Clearly there are franchises that mean a lot to gamers who have been involved with them for decades. The real question may be, is that enough.

DavenRock [MGT] likes this.
  16. Zoucrew

Zoucrew Avatar

feudal life will not make it to the MMO stage...so in a way it's not much more then M&B with some building abilities. If they CAN deliver on the MMO, that would be IMPRESSIVE, I'll then get in line :)

The inherent problem with all of this is that there are, as far as I know, no games out there that can display 1,000 (or even well over 100-200) players simultaneously on one screen at a time. They either exist only on the netcode or you are limited to different servers or zones. Correct me if I'm wrong though. If they can, it's EXTREMELY laggy.

Something like SoTA seems so much more reasonable in scope.

17. Tartness

Tartness Avatar

I got into Rust some time ago, though I have pretty much given up on it at this point in time. For two reasons, Crafting/building things and its ability to be broken into individual servers and hosted geographically close to where I am located in order to cut down on lag.

It is "full loot" but there is also very very limited items in the game right now and none of it is overly valuable. It does depend on the server you play on though, as customization of the server options can be pretty granular but big picture dying and losing your stuff isn't going to cost you a lot of time.

The main reason why I have put Rust on the back burner at the moment; its Community. I find that the majority of the people attracted to Rust in general are not the type of people I want to game with for many reasons, and I think that is directly related to the fact that Rust is a "full loot" type of game and attracts a certain flavor of gamer. Just how I see it, no offense to any Rust players out there :)

Xandra7 and Leos like this.
  18. baronandy

baronandy Avatar

i woudnt say this ok all abobe 100 it a lot

see in mortal there was several fights with a lot of players involved nearly 150 , sure there was lags but it was fun i personally have a goodf pc i have to say for the time those fight happened ,there was 2-3 crashes for some people during the day but i had luck with my pc 1 crash in 13 h sieging .
    dont forget mortal have 6 diffent hitboxes so when you aim to armor parts build out of weaker materials you do more damage and have free aiming

sometimes bit laggy but playable, remember mortal is the worst optimized game ever in an open steamless world with housing and hitboxes and it was an old vid , i think nowadays internet is better and hardware and this vid is 2 years old, also mortal is much better optimized nowadays i have 120 fps but im a player who turn my grafics always down to medium that i experiance all pvp games a bit more fluid and in sieges i even turn it down further

19. baronandy

baronandy Avatar

yeah its no mmo , indie developer , and calculations are client side. what i want to say that it is populat and got sold well because there are a lot of people who enjoy loot games

20. sn0tub

sn0tub Avatar

There fixed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.