This place is quiet...

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Rufus D`Asperdi, Jan 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

...too quiet.

Did everyone get banned or something?

Amberraine, Ariella and licemeat like this.
  2. Enfo

Enfo Avatar

People merely think that the real player vs player is in some zone or town. Such Folly.

No. No my friend, that is not where the real PVP is.

The Forums are where the real PVP happens.

Be Prepared.

3. E n v y I I

E n v y I I Avatar

Quite possibly. Once your have been banned you kind of think twice whether posting on the forums is worth either your time or the effort.

4. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

New conversations need new topics. New topics come from new info. We have no new info.

5. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

6. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

Sota is not attractive for the PvP players. This is definitely his great weakness and PvP is very important for many players. Much of the community, including myself, expected to have a more freedom in this game. I'm not even talking about the Full Loot so loved for many. Wanting meeting everyone on the same server will fail HARD !

I already hear a PvE player explain that SOTA has a great PvP and the full loot is BAD bla bla !

It is easy to see that much of PvPlayers left this forum from several months ...

7. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

That is almost impossible to understand.

8. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

9. Murdock

Murdock Avatar

Been banned once for suggesting that moderators only censor the pro-PvP voice. Decided to greatly reduce my pledge through 3rd party sale. I'll play SOTA on release through my basic pledge, but am disappointed in their vision. Going to put my MMO eggs in the Crowfall basket.

10. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Sorry, but that is not true everyone gets moderated. It has nothing to do if you are "propvp". I would hazard that some of the things I have been moderated for would make you wonder what on earth.

11. Murdock

Murdock Avatar

Argue all you want...and you will, but this game's bread is being buttered by players who want nothing to do w/viable PvP. Moderators are in the same boat and make it very clear how they'd like a conversation to go.

Ferrus, Abydos and Moonshadow like this.
  12. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Sure, my warnings I have gotten say otherwise, and posting stuff like that is trying to get the mods to sway in your favor. I don't think any moderation should sway how it should go either way.

Amberraine and Roper Docholiday like this.
  13. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

The state of PvP has been the same since the start. Actually, if you dig into it, open PvP looks like it was an addition because of the PvP voice on these forums.

Bread buttered on both sides.

14. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Not sure what your definition of quiet is but i wake up to 70+ alerts and need coffee before i even click that button of a morning XD

15. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

I stopped providing feedback on this subject because i felt it wasn't wanted or even apriciated, as evidence by the constant anti pvp dog pile that takes place around here.

16. smack

smack Avatar

Yeah, I think it could be where you're looking. Some forums will have greater activity than others.

By my count, the number of new messages yesterday was 541. This is above the 7-day average of 479, above the 30-day average of 445, and slightly above the 60-day average of 520.

17. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

Just about every thread I visit is constantly updated and my inbox usually stays ripe with fresh messages. Not really sure what you mean.

18. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

What else is there to discuss? This game will basically not have open PvP with full loot. PVP will be consensual. This has been said from the very beginning. Do you really think that the devs will completely change this and make an open PvP game with full loot when there are MANY players who do not want that for SotA?
    The devs already included the option to flag for open PvP and maybe they will also include a flag for full loot. But this will be all the hardcore-PvP-crowd can expect to get.
    But I also think that this is not enough for those people. I got the impression that they want to completely remove the flag-options and force everyone into permanent open PvP with full loot. Only then they will be satisfied. But this won't happen with SotA. It can't even happen in a game in which there are quests in which you follow a story. Do you really think that players would think it is fun being griefed while just wanting to do the next quest? Or do you want that the devs remove the story and quests completely from the game so that SotA will just be a big open PvP arena? Sorry, but this will never happen with this game.

19. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

The way I see it is, those type of pvp'ers are lousy pvp'ers if they have to grief people that don't want to pvp or are bad at pvp'ing. If they were real pvp "experts" they'd only want to fight challenging opponents. I've never found griefing lowbies a challenge or fun, what do I gain from it, nothing. I just killed someone not skilled enough for a challenge so why bother? That's not fun pvp to me. They're cowards that know by fighting weaker opponents they can always win. A real challenge has them whining and crying about losing the fight, because they realize they have no pvp "skills", so they kill the weaker to feel better about themselves.

20. Heavy Smoker

Heavy Smoker Avatar

Myself and a small group of friends keep this pvp alive, we can hardly find anyone to fight so we simply just fight between ourselves.. This game has such huge potential for pvp but it seems like 95% of the community is only interested in role playing. Hopefully next release we will see a lot of new faces in PvP, if not I'm not sure this game can hold my interest because it is the main reason I play.

Tahru and Lord Aquila Burnden like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.