Underworld Ascendant (Kickstarter)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by maathyas, Feb 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gridian

Gridian Avatar

Backed it as well. The first images look promising, and if they get the story right it'll be a wonderful addition to SotA! :)

smack and Sir Cabirus like this.
  2. Montaigne

Montaigne Avatar

Why so negative about everything? No one has said that this game is a dumbed down MMO. It's an old school single player RPG. I wish the team behind this game all the best and as a supporter of SotA it's in our best interests to support the Ultima legacy. Can't wait to play it :)

Themo Lock, Sir Cabirus and Sophi like this.
  3. Jack Knyfe

Jack Knyfe Avatar

I'd like to back it, but presently my shoestring budget is focused on increasing my SotA pledge level before the cutoff, and as such, I must budget.

I still set up the reminder so I can check back 48 hours before the KS ends. I may opt in at that point.

smack and Sophi like this.
  4. Heradite

Heradite Avatar

I don't know yet. I love single player RPGs but I need more to donate. I don't have nostalgia for anything with the word "Ultima" on it and that video only pitched that.

5. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

I may be mistaken but I think that this may be an Ultima, just without the name. It takes place in the Stygian Abyss and the devs said that we will have to play the game in order to find out when it takes place in the Ultima chronology.
    So this may be the first Ultima game since Ultima 9 and may even take place in Britannia.

6. Heradite

Heradite Avatar

Well then if I donate it'll probably be at the lowest level just for that SOTA item thing.

Sophi and Montaigne like this.
  7. Ravenclaw [BEAR]

Ravenclaw [BEAR] Avatar

Just to clarify, from what I read on their boards, SotA and UA may have storylines that have elements in common with one another but there will be no actual gameplay crossover. UA is likely going to be a single player only game with the possibility of allowing you to play with a couple of friends but they are not planning on creating an MMO type game similar to SotA. Story lines will be similar to each other but then both games came from an Ultima background so this should not be so difficult to do.

With that said, I like the idea of the common storyline. It takes the worlds we play in and makes them seem much larger when you can cross over from one game to another and still encounter similarities in both.

Alexander, gtesser, Heradite and 2 others like this.
  8. Timmy Vortex

Timmy Vortex Avatar

I really really really loved both of those games. Spend so much time exploring and adding custom map notes. Amazing they are digging it up from the "gaming archives" :)

smack and Sir Cabirus like this.
  9. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Correct. You don't just jump from one game to another.

The lore is only tied loosely in that there are rune gates that have opened connections between this new Underworld Ascendant world and New Britannia at some point in the past.

Edit: The KS page mentions a future add-on item for SotA backers. Will this be free in game if you backed both? Is it a SotA-themed item they are selling as a paid add-on to help raise funds for Ascendant?

If SotA did a free cross-promotional item (like they did with Star Citizen) wouldn't that help increase funds by driving SotA backers to Ascendant?

10. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

Just backed this project. Ultima Underworld 1 is one of my top three favorite ultimas. I like what I see so far and hope this project gets funded. Looking forward to this. :)

smack, docdoom77, Umbrae and 2 others like this.
  11. docdoom77

docdoom77 Avatar

I backed it at the $75. It's the single player Ultima experience I've been looking for (I hope!).

smack, rune_74, Alexander and 2 others like this.
  12. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

Same here. I wanted to get into the pre-alpha testing.

13. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

You and me both....I cannot wait....dragon wars 21 is c omming to kickstarter as well..

Sir Cabirus, Alexander and docdoom77 like this.
  14. CaptainJackSparrow

CaptainJackSparrow Avatar

Captain Jack won't back UWA unless the benefit of having SotA and UWA is clearly defined. Captain Jack finds it odd and that they would try to add in a lot of back story on this at this late point in the game too, so he doesn't expect to see anything too interesting and in depth.

15. redfish

redfish Avatar

doubloons. gold doubloons.

16. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Argh captain I wouldn't expect much in shard...however I see no issues with underworld..it really that for in design yet.

17. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

I doubt UWA's back-story will affect SotA much at all. It is just that New Britannia has had travelers from the UWA world at some point through a lunar rift or vice-versa.

docdoom77 likes this.
  18. Siren

Siren Avatar

I backed this project as soon as I could. Looks like there will be some association with Shroud!

smack, docdoom77 and Sir Cabirus like this.
  19. tekkamansoul

tekkamansoul Avatar

Don't care about the association with Shroud and neither should anyone else, it's just fluff.
    Fact remains: This is a new Underworld game. You are the Avatar. You get to stab stuff in first person. BACK IT!

20. scruffycavetroll

scruffycavetroll Avatar

this and star citizen have my monies, not even gonna entertain it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.