PVP/PVE instances

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aldo, Mar 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

That is what i was referring to in my other post, all these threads make it to about 6 posts before turning into a clone of every other pvp themed thread on the forum >.<

2. Keira OFaolain

Keira OFaolain Avatar

Gabs I can understand the spawn camping to a point... but their are ways around even that (hence the option to log on the over land map if you get sick of it) and yes they are more challenging but what is the point of playing a game with out a challenge? hence why in most every game their are lvls as you get stronger you advance to fighting stronger monsters..... or we can create a game where you get stronger and kill the critters with one hit because hey why not....(do i recommend making a habit of doing what YOU did ;) nope i dont... hehe )

Gabriel Nightshadow likes this.
  3. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

that would mean she plays PVP and PVE.

4. Keira OFaolain

Keira OFaolain Avatar

how is this off the OP? the statement is he cant go to a PVP area because he dont like PvP and they should not exist. what everyone else is saying is yes he CAN go to a PVP area. it is a choice and it is meant to encourage PVP

and no brother it means I usually am flagged PVP.. but I suck at PvP most everyone can kill me becuse i am not a PVPer :p

5. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

I play PVP and PVE, if the getting is good in PVE im there and if the getting good is in PVP im there also! By choice ive just made more resources than an average PVE! :) But thats just how i look at it! Ill take both no problem!

Keira OFaolain likes this.
  6. Blarla

Blarla Avatar

Rhetorical...oh nevermind.

Anyway at no point did the OP say that, as I have mentioned a few times in this thread it is about choosing not to do something and being told you can't. To quote something I said a moment ago, '...plus the OP has admitted there may have just been a misunderstanding.'

Think I might try and give up actually trying to talk about developing PvP ideas, and/or balancing them. Seems to send everyone crazy, I want no part of crazy, to many assumptions and preconceived ideals of certain players.

Logain likes this.
  7. Keira OFaolain

Keira OFaolain Avatar

Agian I ask HOW is he being told he cant... something i have asked several times now

Archibald Leatherneck likes this.
  8. Blarla

Blarla Avatar

Third time lucky, '...plus the OP has admitted there may have just been a misunderstanding.'

9. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Well to clear all this up if you are PVE, and you see a PVP zone (shardfall) you can go there if you want to. But it will be by your own choice, and there is a chance someone will gank you! It will be your own fault if it does happen. As is when you flag PVP anyhow! Its a sample they can check to see if they like it or not, though most people have already made thier minds up to what they like and what they dont like!

Keira OFaolain and Laila like this.
  10. Smurfwizard

Smurfwizard Avatar

I do not like PVP because of the spawn camping and the group just going around killing people just because it is PVP. This is why I quit play several games due to the fact that you could not just adventure without having groups\guilds setting at curtain locations to just kill everyone.

11. TantX

TantX Avatar

People are complex, as are playstyles. She probably doesn't identify with hardcore or dedicated PvPers, but someone who enjoys PvPing.

I love role-playing and immersion, but after 15 years of RPing, I utterly despise RPers and role-playing "communities". I love PvPing and PKing, but I don't identify as a dedicated PvPer in the traditional sense (I don't do duels or arenas, so MOBAs and such don't interest me). That's what I took from her statement.

As far as the spillage, I agree, there's a lot of that going on on the forums (I know I'm guilty of it, myself). But seeing the forest for the trees, it speaks volumes of the current state of the game and its backers. There are a lot of people who are wondering what it is we're backing, where it's all going, and what we want from it, ultimately. As we get closer to Episode 1, the people who were okay with riding the tide and "seeing what comes next" a year ago are now concerned that certain things aren't being changed or altered like they thought they would. Hope and nostalgia last for only so long, particularly when money's involved.

Back on topic, as someone who doesn't enjoy mindless PvE, there's a significant portion of the game that is simply unattractive to me, therefore "off limits" through choice. I feel that such open PvP areas are also off-limits, but only by choice. I could find PvE fun with a group, perhaps, just like someone who doesn't PvP could find Shardfall fun with a group. That door swings both ways.

The Hendoman and blaquerogue like this.
  12. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

whoa David go back and read the opening statement this really isnt a PVP vs PVP thread it was misleading! :) lol

13. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Please, my point is not about the merits of PVP! I only wanted to point out that if you are not flagged for PVP and try to enter a PVP designed area, that an instance would be created that would put you in the (in this case) shardfall, but in a non-PVP instance. No PVP person will see you and for all intents, the area you will explore would be like any other. Separate instancing should not bother anyone, how would you know if your area was being played in a separate instance?

Pickley and Laila like this.
  14. Keira OFaolain

Keira OFaolain Avatar

You said it perfectly exept for the fact I am not a HE I am a she :p

15. Ship One

Ship One Avatar

(I know it's futile but I'll be your huckleberry) If there is an ingame necessity inside a PVP zone, I can tell you with complete certainty, people will move on from this game en-masse just like every other game I have ever played and not played. If the zones impact is small...then I think it will be fine.

I like the OPs idea about Sharding in flagged people and allowing unflagged people to move into the zone in a PVE format though.

16. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Aldo,

Since they shot down all our other ideas on PVP they gave us crumbs of what is the world we are playing in, that would be the minimal PVP only areas (no one is safe area) Shardfall etc.. the Devs want to see if they can get you to at least try PVP (that is on the devs tho not all us PVP)

17. Keira OFaolain

Keira OFaolain Avatar

This defeats the purpose of a PVP map. it is designed to be dangerous to gather rare resources to everone and to also promote RP by creating a venue for Mercanarys such as my self to be hired out to get for you if you chose not to venture in to them.

18. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

The PVE instance would not have to share the increased resource availability found in the PVP instance.

Pickley likes this.
  19. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Galleon,
    your fairly new to me, ive been in the forums since awhile ago, i totally agree that there is no way anyone can entice PVE into PVP, if they dont want it! (thats futile) Ive always thought it to be a dumb idea! Not my idea as a PVP, but the Devs idea!

Ive never wanted to force someone into PVP (give them a choice if they want too) but never force them!
    Im also not one of those PVP that roll up on sheep and kill them ( i normally protect them, help them or give them crap they can use to survive better) even if it once belonged to the Pk that ganked them!
    I will however roll up on a pkr that does.
    there are people out there that Pk gank kill sheep whatever. They dont bother me, i just go after them until i finally kill em off, and ruin their noob killing field day!
    So i more of a pro choice, whatever you want to play, im good with it! Doesnt really effect me in the least.
    Im not as bad as some seem to portray, I in PVP form would probably help you out 99% and kill you off 1% if i feel you needed to be killed.(being an ass or whatever)
    So with that being said, now you know me, yes i am an avid PVP! That has never changed, there are times i do play PVE and follow quests! Mostly when my guild or friends are not online. ( im at work while they are online and vice versus)

Dont let all these rants fool you! :);)

Galleon likes this.
  20. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I completely understand your reasoning here. In any compromise there are always two losers. Such is the case here. There is an alternative solution which leaves us with two winners. I am merely suggesting a possible solution which encompasses the desires of both groups with minimal interference to their respective gameplay. This solution would be called a Consensus (as opposed to a compromise).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.