Game is missing major features - working on add ons instead? What is going on?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Smitty, Aug 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Ok, let's think about this....you think the only time spent on these was by people they hired? Or do you think the whole team worked on it for a bit? Now, after you figure the whole team is involved, how many hours per person, plus the people they hired. Did the money cover all those hours? Did they break even? Or is it costing more in the long run?

I know it was multiple people setting up the process and planning it....I know they have someone hired for them...

2. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    see we don't know this, but as a business I pretty much can assume that they want to make money and to satisfy their obligations. If you want to know real numbers you should probably email support@poralarium.com. Right now you are just speculating and fear mongering.

Bodhbh Dearg and Athanil like this.
  3. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I am speculating, using an educated guess. That's it, surely you can do that as well?

It's not fear mongering to state you don't like something that cost development time. It's obviously angering you because you like the feature, it isn't personal it is my opinion. I think it creates a cluttered map and a system rewarding players who spend a lot of real world cash.

Note I'm not saying they are ripping people off or anything, just that I dislike the feature.

docdoom77 and Tarsin like this.
  4. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    I'm not upset at all, I just mean to set things right as I see them. If you really have these concerns, which you say you do, do you think the other forum users can answer these questions with certainty? Thats why I say you are fear mongering. Because you are dealing in unrealistic numbers. Its why I suggested you email port if you want some clarification. Otherwise you are just inciting speculation.

Bodhbh Dearg likes this.
  5. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I think they are realistic. I also think regardless of the cost that pots were a bad idea. You aren't setting things right, its a conversation point...what I don't like is when people say you shouldn't have a say in something because it is something they like.

docdoom77 and Tarsin like this.
  6. Edward Newgate

Edward Newgate Avatar

Well i must say it looks for me (thats my personal view) as you would overreakt a little bit cous you fear some thing you wan badly in the game isnt there yet.

In the interview with NBNN news Starr was so kind and answerd my question what he would do if time money and technikal restriktions wouldnt be a problem.
    He said that he would like to have players be abel to places every thing every where. Wich most peaple got wrong and overreacted again and thought that means that we want get the ability to place alle items down we have.
    I think we will be abel on lots but not every where in the game world.

@DarkStarr i would allsow love to see ship combat one day :) i would be a happy panda with a clubsandwich looking forword to the next 2-3 addons for that ;)

Wy we cant place every item at the moment?
    Again we have pre alpha, wich means basic system funktions befor improving.
    Since we can place items right now down and use items (like chairs) to sit down, we have this basic funktion in the game, and as long we dont reach alpha there is no reason to add all items. Cous it takes time for 3d Models to be placed down to fix bugs ect.

They have a lot of other basic funktion to put in right now.

7. Frank Bach

Frank Bach Avatar

Signed! Especially your last sentence!

Stahlknecht, Themo Lock and Gaelis like this.
  8. Gaelis

Gaelis Avatar

True and I'm happy about they listen to feedback and are implementing stuff like this.

I also hope they don't feel sad about trolling feedbacks because there is no need to, they do a great job between listen to players, realise wishes from players and still keep track at their own goals....my opinion. And I don't worry about waiting for E1 if it stays like that.

9. Odyssey2001

Odyssey2001 Avatar

How about we START with the feature ONLY being in certain "NON housing" areas then? Like combat areas eg.."Wynton's Folly"

1: NON combat areas.
    2: Only a certain amont of items per area remain until picked up ( others vanish after a timeframe, so we dont endup with a waste land of unwanted items ) ( Identical non valued items vanish first on the list )
    3: Certain rare or very valuable are more likely to remain when dropped by another player. Common items have small time limits ( like mentioned in 3 )
    4: Items can be pickup/stolen by NPC ( like the skeletons ) It would be a hoot to have a skeleton chase you with a weapon you just dropped :)

Sascha Biermanns and Frank Bach like this.
  10. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

What about if we wait for the engine fixes and start this topic again after them?
    We have already more lag than we need, in parts more than we can handle.

11. Odyssey2001

Odyssey2001 Avatar

HI! Thank you for taking the time to answer this question, as I too would like to see this implemented. ( I am glad to hear its still on the list ) :)

12. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

perhaps we should first wipe off all normal placing bugs on house lots before we start investing time in a feature that drops items everywhere to build mazes in the shardfall

13. Smitty

Smitty Legend of the Hearth

From http://sotawiki.net/sota/Release_7

• Drop Items Anywhere: Not content to place object only on player property? Well rejoice because we will now enable item placement anywhere. Some minor constraints and limits will regulate this activity but the main goal is to provide freedom and immersion.

docdoom77 and raxxus like this.
  14. TEK

TEK Legend of the Hearth

Correct and this is where player and customer feedback comes into play otherwise we will only get lip service filled with parsed word political speak. It is important that we let Portalarium know that this feature and other immersive related UO features should be prioritized again....if it is not too late.

Logain, Tarsin, Smitty and 1 other person like this.
  15. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I would say immersive Ultima related should also be prioritized...

gtesser, Atmosfear, docdoom77 and 4 others like this.
  16. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Implementing the feature itself is not an issue.

It wasn't political speak.

You got a direct answer.

Performance is already slow. Adding more items to each scene will only adversely affect performance. Until scene performance is fixed, this feature won't be implemented.

Atmosfear, cartodude, Gaelis and 3 others like this.
  17. raxxus

raxxus Legend of the Hearth

TEK, you're taking the words right out of my mouth.

Smitty likes this.
  18. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Maybe in order to solve the performance issues the item culling for player houses should become standard for online modes and be also extended to the areas outside of the houses on the lot ;)

Smitty likes this.
  19. Smitty

Smitty Legend of the Hearth

Bingo.

I would wager there is a significant chunk of users who wouldn't mind a reduction in allowed house items in order to accommodate outside items.

Logain and Tarsin like this.
  20. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Don't touch my house items for that "feature".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.