PoT's and perception of over power.

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by rune_74, Sep 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

I'm not 'twisting words... I was pointing out you only make a simple claim about one item in the POT store page... I applied it across the whole spectrum of store items missing full descriptions. That's not twisting ... that's putting it in full context. What you've done is cherry pick the only little thing you dislike and taken it out of context... then claim everyone else is wrong and twisting things when they try to correct you.

I agree, Port should deal with griefer's... and they have.. by deciding that POT (and Lot owners) can be their first line of defense against griefers.

mbomber and Womby like this.
  2. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

Perception of what? Its a fact that more money helps more than less money, but it ALL adds up.

I didn't ever say one backer was better than another, but I am taking a stand to say that I AM GRATEFUL to the folks who were able to and did put in more when they were able to than I was.

This is a positive thing and based on the arguments provided so far, I don't see that ANY of the high level backers you're talking about have done anything to date to warrant these kinds of assumptions.

3. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Lot owners) can be their first line of defense against griefers.[/QUOTE]

Hah, now you want the thread locked...Baron tried that earlier by going off on me.

This is to control the message plane and simple.

It's not starting to look like perception anymore.

I also think that core systems that should have been worked on have been delayed by these addons that support a few.

Well, I propose they deal with the potential griefing PoT owners by taking that away.

4. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Precisely. Nobody is required to live in a town run by a tyrant. People can vote with their feet.

Some say that real estate limitations limit this choice. But so long a burgeoning market exists, my hunch is that the team will act (eventually) to create new lands to settle so that players have choices.

mbomber, Womby and cartodude like this.
  5. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

Yes - that is correct - But fact still remains that they have ALSO said that it didnt take away time from current developers, and as i said it has improved the game.
    So the statement that high level backers has delayed the game is Invalid - False - BS.

6. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Guess you haven't read this thread, there are numerous cases where certain posters could have been moderated, but were not.

I am glad they decided to add more money, but that means nothing more to me then that.

7. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Hmm takes a lot of resources to put in....wonder if they used those resources elsewhere.

They put them in because they thought they would make the game better, so lets make them better and add some rules to them.

8. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

... by giving Griefers the right to Grief... got it. we see what your point is now. Thanks.

All of your arguments so far do nothing to prevent griefing in POT's... or lots for that matter. You want to give full rights to griefers so that they can continue to be disruptive instead of being dealt with immediately by the town or lot owner.

9. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

We are obviously two different people then because it does mean more to me. The more revenue generated by backers, the better this game will be. More money means more moderation of these issues that youre concerned about. It means more content, more fun and that is precisely why we are all here.

You guys seriously need to relax and wait to see what happens. It's not all doom and gloom and this dev team isn't going to allow the game to become a tyrannical monarchy.

While not all of us agree on the arguments presented here, we all do have a common interest in it becoming fair for everyone. Same side guys.

mbomber, Womby and cartodude like this.
  10. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Do you guys work together on this? Is this how banning would work?

I want to give the power to Ban only to Port and it's moderators, so no I don't want griefers to have full power geez stop making stuff up.

11. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

It really does not feel like the same side.

Numerous character attacks and outright name calling in this thread by people you seem to think we should be wholefully grateful.

Big backers didn't add large amounts of money to the game because they were being kind(I'm sure there are some) they did it because they got something and some are mad that I don't agree they should have moderator power.

12. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

Ditto... see how that works?

mbomber likes this.
  13. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

Again, How do you know why people pledged? Assumptions. Gotta take a deep breathe and see what happens here guys. People will always show their true colors and all you need to do is take a note and avoid their towns. Most of the moderation of this type of tyrannical behavior starts with YOU boycotting their towns when they display the behavior.

That is where preventative maintenance begins. Portalarium cant take the a$$clown out of the bad players, but WE can.

Vigilance.

Womby and mbomber like this.
  14. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Curious where the line between "Big Backer" and not lies... Is there a definition? I assume I lie on the positive side of the line, having a Lord Marshal pledge and a Town. Just curious who people consider big backers.

15. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I have seen peoples true colors here.

And I see how grouping work.

I also stated that I am sure there are some.

Simple rules have caused 30 some pages of angst.

I have literally been referred to as a loud mouth malcontent....a troll...you name it because I want control in place to make this a better game. I have a stake in this as much as you do or anyone else.

I have literally been here since day one of the kickstarter...I been here through all the changes, and I understand the game quite well.

I'm not siting here and saying PoT's suck and should be removed(though I do think they shouldn't have been added in the first place, not in the way they did it at least, however that ship has sailed) I am sitting here saying lets at least regulate these things to make sure they cannot be abused and I'm getting very heavy pushback from what looks like a group effort.

16. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Ask the big backers, apparently it matters. I'm not even sure where I fall in.

17. Xandra7

Xandra7 Avatar

I agree that owners should have complete control over who they invite to live in their town, and the right to set up their conditions for living there.

Where it becomes a problem, abusive POT owners will rely on desire and scarcity of lots to fill their town,
    those late to the land-grab who want the experience of owning a home after good Pots are filled, have as only choice putting up with worse case scenario or missing out.

My hope is that this thread will make the land owners more aware of some of the concerns folk have, and maybe getting together again to go over what unsettles the order of would be home owners, and find a way to make it a better experience for all concerned if that is possible.

18. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I wanted you to know I read this....there were a lot of posts in a short period.

I'm not vilifying anyone...I'm not actually saying anyone is doing anything yet, I'm just saying there should be some control for if this game gets as popular as people want. These places could fill up fast and right now it has the equivalent of the wild west rule system.

Kara Brae likes this.
  19. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

I'm not talking to you guys through any agenda but the betterment of the experience for everyone and to that purpose, I'm saying things aren't as bad as you're thinking they are. The ban features are there to 'prevent' grieving, not to encourage it. Let the 1% ban people from their towns, let them grief and resskill and whatever else you're worried about. Its they who will pay the price for it in the end.

20. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

What did you think was going to happen? I don't go into the PvP thread as a PvE'r and make remarks that I know are designed to set the PvP's off and then claim they are the bad guys for standing their ground because they don't agree with me. then spend thirty pages claiming they are at fault for all the problems in the game.

mbomber, Kaisa and Grave GodsHammer like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.