PvP town and Banning Permissions, Does it cross the line?

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Sold and gone, Sep 20, 2015.

?

Do you like pvp towns to have banning permissions?

1. Yes

2. No

3. I do not care

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Making a statement like that is like saying a criminal should be able to decide how long their jail sentence should be.

Duchess Wyldemane likes this.
  2. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

I do not own a town, i might in time be in charge of one but currently not a town owner... i voted yes... do i ever think i would use it. probably not. however there are a few people in the game that i find to be stalkerish or just ill mannered. No im not referring to pker's im referring to the players that get upset over some action then begin to run their mouth and cause general havoc.

For an example of this... at a pvp tournament a player that is good gets eliminated early (before the final rounds) gets mad and starts pking people in the audience and assisting 1 player or another in the final round. when confronted over it starts using bad language and hurling not only racial slurs at people but degrading everyone in the vincinity. to me that behavior is unacceptable and would not be tolerated in my town and that person would be banned. pvp is meant to be fun i have no problem if you want to gank someone at any time but if you want to get hateful and disrespectful to people then i have a problem.

3. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

The OP is asking if banning crosses the line, so surely if you don't own one and could be blocked from 230+ instance's that you have to see on the overland map it affect's everyone.

4. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

The only people who would possibly want to be able to ban in a PvP town are owners who are either Non-PvPers or Casual PvPers. My advice.......flag your town as non-pvp.

5. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

And a few of those may actually own some Towns, your not vetted to get one you just need the money.

6. TEK

TEK Legend of the Hearth

Again, all towns are PvP towns. No such thing as a non-PvP town.

7. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

I find this to be a bit of fear mongering... bottom line to get 230 people in the game to agree your an arsehole and deserve to be banned from all those towns i would not be surprised if a dev ban would not be issued shortly. just saying to piss that many people off is highly unlikely without pissing devs off and some sort of breach of tos... in reality i could seee some one banned from probably no more than a dozen locations.

8. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Technically yes......but i've kind of moved on from the fact that the non-PvP crowd have won the day in being able to ban from non-pvp towns (as in not flagged).....................supporting no bans in pvp towns is kind of the last stand.

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  9. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

not sure what you are trying to say here?

10. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    Can I ask what the reason for making PvP basements was? I think its so that you could do pvp events in a pve area. Am I wrong? Are there not PvP arenas in some towns, such as owls head and Andoris? Why do people need to hold pve events in pvp towns?

Boy_Graham and smack like this.
  11. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Yes, I agree. And In my opinion really pushes me further away.

12. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

I would also like to see no house bans in PvP areas................at best it should be locked door and if you open that door people can walk in.

13. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I hope you appreciate how bad that sounds....

Or serfs saying they have rights.

We are really in a bad state I fear.

14. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

Anyone who voted on this thread, who doesn't own a POT, should be banned from all POTs. IMHO.

Seems like if a POT owner abuses the power to ban, he'll end up with an empty POT and nobody to play with?

15. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

I own a town and am a PvPer, when my preferred class isn't nerfed beyond usability. I'm not sure why you'd feel this way considering it is in fact the POT visitor who is subject to these controls (or lack thereof) rather than the POT owner who administers them.

While I agree with you fully that POT owners should have full control over their towns, I wont dismiss the effects this can and will eventually have on nonPOT owners.

In Rav's case, there will be limited places RP Pvp will be occurring and to be banned from one of those scenes could possibly eliminate his chances of engaging in his preferred playstyle altogether. If it were me, personally, Id keep his town PvE and setup a network of RP Guild Wars so he is neither subject to another POT owner's potential abuse and will avoid the risks associated with exploiters who will inevitably flock to the places in which they cant be banned. "Be careful what you ask for."

16. Edward Newgate

Edward Newgate Avatar

After some people start abusing others in game and start destroying events with chat spamming, player killing at an event that was clearly no pvp event and interrupting visually, we needed such a tool.
    A lot of people would hide behind the rp argument and we had this discussion several times.

But i understand that having an option for you town to ban an enemy guild and start raiding there city so they cant counter attack would be lame.

17. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

I am not sure if you understand the point of this thread edward. This is about PvP towns. Everyone will be flagged for pvp. Why would some one hold a non pvp event in a pvp town?

Boy_Graham and Abydos like this.
  18. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Because we have an awesome community who hold lots of events, and some towns (even, gasp, Open PvP towns) want to be involved in that community. So they invite folks to their town to see it, rather than telling everyone they know to go to somebody else's town because they are not capable of hosting an event, ever.

But even if they do go to the next Consensual PvP town over, it still isn't "safe". After all, most of you are flagged for PvP anyway so there is almost as much potential for disruption. Plus, if the event involves PvP mechanics, such as Gustball or dueling as noted above, it opens still more possibilities. Yes, team PvP flagging would resolve the issue for those in the event, but not for those attending.

I don't have a problem with players being involved in PvP. But there is a huge problem with players using PvP as a justification for disruption. There is no "Don't be a ****" flagging for events, so you either need to have folks turn off their PvP flag and go somewhere else to attend (unlikely), or we need an actual Arena/Theater set where PvP is disabled in the seating area and only those participating can be in the main PvP-flaggable area. Until that is done, PvP towns are going to be ghost towns for community events; its not fun to deal with the few disruptors who invariably appear and wreck things for everyone else.

I don't want Open PvP towns to be third world countries, but I have no desire to visit them at all right now. Which is bad, because I have lots of friends who live in them.

19. cariac

cariac Avatar

Honestly ?

It is necessary that there is no ban in pvp cities.

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  20. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

I can understand this. I do. But why cannot in a pvp town police themselves? They have the ability to throw the person out by force. I can understand that you want protections but I do not understand the concept of having a pick nick in a battlefield and expect people to not get hurt. Why even have pvp zones if this is the total consensus of the community.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.