Question with regards to rarity

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jatvardur, Oct 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

The new Halloween bundles look cool and have a clear indication of being limited in terms of availability. That's great and I'm looking to purchase a set.

However, many of the items in the Spooky Decoration bundle do not appear to be rare. At least in the descriptions of the individual items most of them do not have the same text: "Limited availability". If I understand correctly only the Jack-o-lanterns and grim reaper statue are rare? Clearly if most items are not rare then the bundle is not really rare.

@FireLotus
    @DarkStarr
    @dallas

Thanks!

Berek likes this.
  2. licemeat

licemeat Avatar

Does "limited time availability" have the same meaning as the limited time availability of a McDonald's McRib sandwich? Meaning that it's not actually rare, because it'll be back eventually?

Andaluz, Berek, smack and 6 others like this.
  3. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

I can't say for sure, but I think it is actually limited time availability. I think they mean it this time. :)

Sara Dreygon and licemeat like this.
  4. licemeat

licemeat Avatar

I'm still confused about the 2013 Christmas bundle looking the exact same as the 2014. I'd open my wallet if I had a definite answer.

5. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

I know that Dallas clarified before that exclusivity to the store absolutely meant exclusivity to the store, and that when items were gone, they were gone.

However, the only exception I've seen to date has been on holiday items.

I believe Christmas and Thanksgiving items returned.

6. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

Yeah, I think that was a mistake. They are rare, but duplicates. So this time round the Xmas bundle *should* be different. I say "should" because that's what I'm expecting but obviously I could be wrong, so taking a wait and see attitude.

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  7. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    looks like they extended the season to end at Nov. 30 instead of Nov 2.

8. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

What is rare and sure to double in value very soon are LOT Deeds. City Lots down to (16) remaining and going to double in price in a few weeks.

So why gamble on stupid masks? If you want something useful, certain to increase in value, and very rare, City Lot deeds. Town if looking to spend less with similar certainty of increasing in value.

9. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

I reckon you are correct on lot deeds, but not currently my preference. I have a number of reasons, but that doesn't really matter as it is just my opinion with regards to price: i.e. obviously not a fact.

I'm happy to bet on "stupid masks" tbh, but that's fine. Not everyone in a market agrees which is why prices fluctuate. Caveat emptor, of course, and happy gaming to you.

10. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Bet you I could shift a load of 'stupid masks' and make more money before you find a buyer for a city lot :)

Spoon likes this.
  11. Selene

Selene Avatar

Some clarification from the devs on this subject would be great. There are a lot of items in the shop that I like well enough to have, but might wait until next year if they will return year after year.

Sara Dreygon and Jatvardur like this.
  12. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

The fireworks didn't show back up this year I don't believe. I was hoping to see them on the 4th of July.

13. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

You are probably right, but that would cut into your PVP time. Anyway I'm in for a set, just in case I'm totally wrong and those stupid masks do become ultra valuable.

Damn speculators making me feel all ignorant.

14. licemeat

licemeat Avatar

These two I get.
    LIMITED QUANTITY - When the quantity reaches 0, it's gone
    LAST CHANCE SALE: This item will no longer be available in the Add-On Store after this week.

Would like to have clear meaning on:
    LIMITED TIME OFFER
    LIMITED AVAILABILITY

If items aren't ever coming back, maybe they should be labeled "LAST CHANCE SALE" from the beginning.

15. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

It does clearly state on each of those items, "LIMITED AVAILABILITY: This item only available thru November 30, 2015! "
    I'm no lawyer, but that statement isn't really open to interpretation, especially with the "!" at the end for emphasis.

Ice Queen likes this.
  16. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

That's a fair point. I guess greater clarity would prevent lawyering in the future.

edit: see Greyfox ^ he makes a good point re: date.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  17. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

I suspect the Devs are having a shot of whiskey and laughing right about now at adults trying to decipher their sales strategy.

I'll make it more interesting. $25 in store credit bet they will not return again in the same form. Might return again, but different coloring or other attribute changed. I will only bet one person. The bet is off if we don't have a firm answer by the end of the sale. IE: Developer coming and making a post on the forums clearly stating the intent.

This applies to the items such as the pumpkin head in the seasonal store with the statement, "LIMITED AVAILABILITY: This item only available thru November 30, 2015! "

BET IS OFF. Right now I suspect people are trying to get a word in with the DEVS for a firm answer. Offer was up for an hour.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  18. licemeat

licemeat Avatar

Yeah, I suppose you are right about LIMITED AVAILABILITY. I think I'm still thrown off about the Christmas stuff. I tried hard to get answers back then and was left in the dark. Also, I'm thinking the LIMITED TIME OFFER applies just to the bundles they have packaged. So i GUESS everything is clear?

Jatvardur likes this.
  19. Selene

Selene Avatar

To me, having something like a "seasonal" store implies that is is only available for the season. I.E. limited availability until such and such a day.. so people are not buying Halloween masks in February. NOT that it is only available now and never again. (because seasons come back again and again).

20. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

Fireworks are part of the holiday pack around christmas.

When it comes to the question, Season items so far have ALWAYS come back. Easter, christmas etc has all came back every year, i dont expect that to change.

The rare items that DONT come back say " Will no longer be availible xxx "

Sara Dreygon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.