1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Release 29 Instructions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Apr 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I like having the recipes inside of the crafting window, but there is one change here that I'm sure to find annoying. The inventory only show 6 lines of items, and the window doesn't "maximize" to take advantage of a huge monitor. So I'll have to have my inventory open separately, filtered to crafting, and only use the station space to drop. Then I have to move the mouse all the way to the bottom to "Take All".

I'd really prefer to have the station space at the bottom (taking up the room of both the station and inventory spaces) and the tool and current recipe box at the top. Then I can just move in a circle (Inventory-->Station-->Craft-->Take All). The way its currently laid out is going to give me RSI...

Moon Towers!

Melissa, Elwyn and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  2. Selene

Selene Avatar

I asked about expert stations in major cities in the telethon thread.. Just for you. ;)

agra likes this.
  3. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Good feedback on the new UI. When R29 feedback forum goes live please repost there and we will consider for R30

4. Mekong

Mekong Avatar

@DarkStarr I locked my biome for Mountain for Findupre very early on. Was it missed?

5. DarkStarr

Thank you for pointing this out. Looks like the system did not inform us of the form lock. We are making the change now. In the meantime please do not put down any lot markers.

6. DarkStarr

In fact don't even use the bank in the town.

7. Mekong

Mekong Avatar

Does that mean wait for first patch post release? Just making sure :)

Melissa likes this.
  8. DarkStarr

Until you hear from me do not do anything with your town, including using the bank

Melissa and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  9. Dirk Hammerstrike

Dirk Hammerstrike Avatar

Kudos to whoever came up with that!

Looking forward to the Targeting and Alchemy changes.

10. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

if you need anything in the meantime, use mine. it won't be changing anytime soon. :) and we're next door.
    @Mekong ^^^

Melissa, Leelu and Cordelayne like this.
  11. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Congratulations on another great release!

Melissa likes this.
  12. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Hmmm, looks like the PoT deco/light limit info in the chart is not updated

13. Shade Cido

Shade Cido Avatar

Hmm, seems to me Ardoris won't be such a popular location to set up house anymore. One of the main attractions was instant access to Hidden Vale, with this gone, there really is'nt much of interest around Ardoris to merit setting up house (apart from the town itself).
    It also looks like Soltown is moving as well. Looking at the map, it seems to be moving from its current position near the the tower of Shuttered Eye over to near the Spectral Mines.
    Great update, what with the mini land rush (gonna be interesting fighting over to where I want to be with only 6 hours to level up), the crafting update and the 'new' PRTs to name a few things.

Budner likes this.
  14. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

The crafting change to make criticals xp only concerns me. A reason why I was putting weight on crafting disciplines was so that I could make better quality items when I reached a good level of sophistication. If I wanted the awesome epic armor then I'd really have to work for it. Now it appears I just need to make regular epic armor and then just get really really good at alchemy to make really good armor/weapons.

Nhili Dragon and SeleneNoctua like this.
  15. Kensing Ton

Kensing Ton Avatar

<gone...>

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
    Cordelayne, Fister Magee and Budner like this.
  16. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

I'm disappointed by this, specifically losing the opposing effects. The issue I had with attunement when it came in wasn't the mechanism it was inability to reduce it back down to zero if I later decided to go a different way with the character.

Guthwulf Bloodaxe likes this.
  17. Anvar

Anvar Avatar

Agreed. Although even not being able to reduce it to 0 wasnt a huge issue as reducing it to 20 would mean it was only -10 on the opposing school, so you could still be pretty damn good. I hope they reintroduce some sort of negative to opposing schools maybe through items that increse the attunement could reduce the opposing school.

18. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I don't know if the benefit for cut gems has changed or not; I didn't think to look at those on QA. I think it still makes sense for those to impact opposing schools.

19. agra

agra Avatar

I suspect the change was largely to alleviate the need for Expert stations in public crafting pavilions in major centers, and removing the ability to craft Expert crafting stations. But I'm cynical, so I could be wrong. ;) I must admit though, the current change makes the bonuses on the Expert stations slightly less valuable to me, so now I don't care where I put my lot/house, provided PRT 2.0's have fuel/crafting vendors like the major centers do.

20. Turin2

Turin2 Avatar

Stuck in open scene. Unclear quest to even begin to play the game. Played Shroud for a year and I can't get past opening scene. That should discourage most new players and some old. Trade some guy something for his dagger.. or I can't leave... no idea what... but I have to do this. Lame.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.