Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Ashton does not let me complete the quest to kill awakened dead.

Discussion in 'Release 32 Bug Forum' started by Aetrion, Jul 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aetrion

Aetrion Avatar

I can't try to reproduce the issue because there is no way to abandon the quest as far as I can tell.

I have killed dozens of undead in Solace Bridge, but Ashton still gives me the dialogue whe he gives me the quest, and doesn't acknowledge that I have completed it.

I started the quest, went to Solace bridge, killed a bunch of undead, way more than needed for it, the log didn't update at any point, went back to Ashton, he doesn't in any way acknowledge that his task was completed.

- Accepted Ashtons Quest
    - Killed dozens of undead in Solace Bridge by myself, in a group, on friends only mode, and multiplayer mode
    - Wandered through a moongate that prompty shut behind me, got horribly lost, spent an hour trecking across New Britannia to get back to Soltown. (No idea if that has anything to do with it)
    - Returned to Ashton
    - Found him still repeating the exact same dialogue as when I first encountered him, asking me for help.

Intel i7 3930K 3.20gHz, Geforce GTX670, Windows 7 Ultimate...

Kara Brae and margaritte like this.
  2. Azureblaze

Azureblaze Avatar

I finished this quest, as soon as I talked to him he gave quest xp, instead of talking about it first. So you may have got the quest xp and didn't notice. If it is no longer in your journal you likely got the quest xp, if it still is I guess you got bugged.

3. Aetrion

Aetrion Avatar

It's still in my journal, and I've been very low on XP for a long time because of all the passives going up, so I'm very sure I would have noticed a big injection of XP.

4. Athanil

Athanil Avatar

Same here, it says i killed enough awakened zombies in my journal, but it won't trigger when i talk to Ashton.

Edit: I want my zombie dance!:confused:

Edit 2: Someone told me how to fix it, switch gaming modes, say from single player online to multiplayer. Thanks @Balec Fares deCani ;)

Balec Fares deCani likes this.
  5. Aetrion

Aetrion Avatar

Doesn't help, he still tries to give me the quest over and over.

6. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

I am having the same issues with this quest as @Aetrion, guys, and the mode switching is not helping. I even went out there with him, thinking maybe if we were in a party and I got MY journal to update, then maybe his would too, but no. The journal is never updating for me, no matter how many zombie guys I kill at Solace Bridge. The exact same thing is happening to me with the Wolfpack quest from Boden in Braemar. I have killed that wolfpack leader 3 times now, but the journal never updates. @Lum You make it better, pretty please?

Kara Brae and Aetrion like this.
  7. Aimend

Aimend Avatar

Same happened to me. I was in a party at the time. My party member got credit and was able to finish the quest and I was not. Nothing updated in my log.

Will attempt this again today when I get out of work.

8. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I'm going to change this so you find an item and turn it in instead of just killing X monsters. The zombie quest was an early attempt at adding Kill Ten Rats style quests and frankly they're kind of lame so we won't do that.

Looking into the wolf in Braemar as well.

9. Aetrion

Aetrion Avatar

I have encountered two more quests I can't complete. Abigail sent me to find her child, the child is nowhere to be found, and Geof sent me to retrieve an iron blade, which I did, but now all he does is say G'day and then immediately leave the dialogue.

So, collect item quests can break in the same way, and the child search seems to be a known issue.

10. Qwark

Qwark Avatar

For Geof, try saying iron blade to him when he has his own tab on your chat screen. it took several tries for me, but it eventually worked.

11. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

same thing here with Ashton, still have quest in journal saying to see ashton for reward.... he doesn't give me anything no ex no nada ......

12. Negeri

Negeri Avatar

Same problem here with Ashton

13. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

14. Aetrion

Aetrion Avatar

Today the quest text from Ashton has changed to say that he's looking for his grandmother's keepsake, rather than kill 5 undead. His dialogue is still the same he always said though, and I've killed about 20 awakened and not found a keepsake of any kind.

ZeCarlos and margaritte like this.
  15. Gravidy

Gravidy Avatar

Even worse are quests that are "kill this type of character until you get a 1 in a thousand drop." At least with "kill 10 rats style quests" I have a good understanding of my progress.

margaritte likes this.
  16. Kittik

Kittik Avatar

Same issues. Not only that, but I also can't find anyone to sell me more Plague Potions if I need them.

17. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

I think I got the book to drop on the second zombie I killed. I assure it isn't set to 1 in 1000. When you find the book, make sure to read it.

The quest is better now.

Though in talking to other players, those that had the quest in the journal previously to kill 5 zombies aren't ever getting the drop.

We may need the functionality to abandon/reset quests.

18. bennywiggs

bennywiggs Avatar

I had the quest before while it was bugged. The task description in my journal has updated to reflect the new object. However, I have killed too many of these zombies to count with no drop. That is a feat in and of itself if only because of the infrequency with which these baddies spawn. On top of that, there are too few compared to the number of people trying to kill them.

19. Aetrion

Aetrion Avatar

Personally I like the idea of quests where you need a certain object that you can get all sorts of ways, including monster drops.

20. Gravidy

Gravidy Avatar

Point taken, I shouldn't exaggerate. I've only killed "10s of" zombies, and still haven't seen the drop. My point was that when I don't know how likely it is to drop, I can't measure my progress in the task. That can be frustrating. A better, more creative design, leaves the RNG out of the picture as much as possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.