force multiplayer scenes to save the game!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gatsu., Aug 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

everyone (a bit skilled) is using the SINGLE MODE / FRIEND MODE to gain MAXIMUM resources , MAXIMUM enemies EVERY DAY

this "modus operandi" is killing SOTA... new players are running on EMPTY cities... with just 4 o 5 players NOT HIDDEN by FRIEND/SINGLE MODE...

there is a very SIMPLE THING TO DO.....
    Force cities to be "ALWAYS and ONLY" multiplayer...

Owl's head, Brittany... Resolute... Soltown... Braemar... Ardoris...Kingsport...Oceania.. Jannaford... Desolis... ETC... ETC... ETC...(and absolutely the overworld map)

i will fight for this, i love SOTA.. and i don't want that players can leave game thinking that no one is playing... WE ARE A LOT O PLAYERS and everyone (newbye) need to KNOW THAT!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2016
  2. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Come back again when they fix the lag and the crashes in these towns.

Until then, nope.

3. Leelu

Leelu Avatar

I am with Roycestein on this one. The lag is terrible and I would have to rename my character "The Creeper".:):p

Cassandra Corax, Dariog, Net and 12 others like this.
  4. Ogarious

Ogarious Avatar

I think this is a good idea. New people participating in the alpha may get the wrong idea about SotA, that the game is dead and that nobody is testing it. Word of mouth and stuff ya know. It'll make or break any game.

5. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

we can starts on the overworld map, there are no crashes on this map,and maybe 2 town just for a test!

6. Ogarious

Ogarious Avatar

That is not a bad idea. Not bad at all. This isnt going to be a instant thing though, there is going to be a lot of programming that needs to be done to make this work.

7. danjacobsmith

danjacobsmith Avatar

I completely agree with the original poster. This is a change that has to happen, or this game WILL fail. I often play in friends only because of the issues mentioned above, yet I still realize that it's a change that must happen.

Shroud of the Avatar wants to be a role players game, and that's not going to happen without a place for people to meet. With the current system, people aren't going to switch modes on the fly all the time to experience it. Like he said, we need to switch to multi player automatically in all cities and the overland map.

On the same topic, the same thing should happen for zones that should eventually be created for PVP players. I'm a PVE player and never plan on participating in PVP, but again I understand that for this game to work, these changes NEED to happen.

8. Phiedrus Oliva

Phiedrus Oliva Avatar

Playing single online doesn't mean the players are alone. They still share a world.

Plus, if most of people go single, it's because they like it like that. Hardly you would save a game by erasing the preferred mode...

Dariog, Dantuin, Rebelweasel and 7 others like this.
  9. tangar

tangar Avatar

TRUE. I wrote a suggestion about it THERE.

People would play mainly in solo-mode if there wouldn't be any bonuses for playing MMO-mode - like extra experience or bonus loot. Right now the only bonus for playing in "open-world" - additional lags...
    Devs, please make multiplayer mode more attractive!

10. Selene

Selene Avatar

Well, with some players having major lag issues in big cities, maybe a good compromise until further optimization would be to make the world map multiplayer only. That way you see people running around. :)

Jatvardur, Gatsu., 4EverLost and 3 others like this.
  11. moko

moko Avatar

I'd like very much to be able to choose this as an option, but as has been said, there are reasons why people aren't able to enjoy multiplayer as is. I'd be happy to have an additional mode? "Single instances/multiplayer towns & world map" so to say.

12. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I do like this idea a lot. However I am one of those unfortunate players with LLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGG, so I have to agree if we implemented this to wait for further optimization, or I would not be able to play.

13. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

I don't want to be forced to meet anybody in online mode.
    And we don't need saving.

Mata, Dariog, Dantuin and 11 others like this.
  14. Jace3

Jace3 Avatar

If you are so lonely OP join a guild or make friends and have them on your friends list. I don't see how this is killing the game at all. It is an option built into the game .
    So you think the game will be better if a few new players can see the streets filled with lagging players, or even if not lagging? Want me to hold your hand in the dark? :)
    I just don't see how this would make the game better?

Elwyn, Dariog, Dantuin and 3 others like this.
  15. MIdnightvalkyrie

MIdnightvalkyrie Avatar

I'm sorry, I don't want to come off as dismissive - but this is a really short-sighted reply. The OP is making a point that new players coming into the game (multiplayer) will get the impression that it's an empty world because many people are off playing in friends only or single player mode.Your suggestion seems to be that these players should simply join a guild or make some friends to play with in FO mode. How exactly do you imagine they will meet these prospective friends to begin with if hardly anyone is in multiplayer mode?

16. Krissa Lox

Krissa Lox Avatar

Personally, I'd be more inclined to go into cities in multiplayer mode if it weren't so inconvenient to switch between the modes while playing. If an in-game toggle were given that would become effective with the next zoning, or a checkbox to switch modes in cities, or something of the sort, I'd be happy to use it, and then such an implementation would be increasing player options rather than forcing anyone to do things they might not want to do.

Womby, Vidgrip, Albus and 8 others like this.
  17. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

NO! having single player online is the only way I'm able to get into high traffic cities without lagging to death.... sorry...

Dariog, Net, Dantuin and 4 others like this.
  18. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

+1

mirromaru likes this.
  19. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I love rainbow colors just as much as the next guy, but your original thread post was a bit much :). I toned it down.

Jasper8282, Dantuin, Tahru and 5 others like this.
  20. Mugly Wumple

Mugly Wumple Avatar

It sounds as if you suggesting that SPO is the solution to lagging. Wouldn't it be better to fix the lag than to force people to SPO?

Leostorm, Mykll and Cally like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.