From a Just Returning Player What is with the BANK?????

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zerk2012, Oct 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zerk2012

Zerk2012 Avatar

You Must be in the town you banked items to get them ? what the heck????????
    Adding more of the same items from a different town will not stack??????????
    Not being able to read the town /zone names on the map when traveling that's just retarded WHY????????????? I can understand some lore but really?
    Resources spawn time and in only the same exact spots this is a joke are we playing WOW? This forces isolations to only playing in SPOL.
    This game will DIE soon their no way to optimize this game engine with all the cool looks they went for and the charter customizations with all the different armor sets options where you can ever play as a community.
    Nite time is still way to dark you should at the least be able to see where your going without a stupid orb flame thing going around your head. Whoever thought of that should of been fired last year.
    Nice money grab though. What in the 15 mill area so lest have 7 people working on it you can bank 2 mill each and be set for life, then a few years later move on to work on something else full time and just pretend your improving this game till they stop buying market place stuff then we will leave the game as is.
    Now all yall can say it's a work in progress but I see no real progress just adding more market place items and no real game improvements. A bit more content or items is not a improvement to the game.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
    Apollyon9515 and Vagabond Sam like this.
  2. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

There is a setting in options to have translated runic above towns.

3. Womby

Womby Avatar

This is by design, and is intended to prevent instantaneous transport of goods anywhere.

[​IMG]

A money grab is when a game is specifically designed to prevent progress without the expenditure of real world dollars. See mobile phone apps for examples. This game does not require real world money expenditure to progress.

I see a great deal of progress.

4. Zerk2012

Zerk2012 Avatar

That is a stupid answer for the bank really??????????????? Transporting goods anywhere does what to kill the game????????
    Now I must go back to the town I put the items in to get them and transport them to the town I'm using right now as a home base then rinse and repeat evereytime I go to a different town.
    And from not playing in 5 months I see 0 progress.

Josh Randall and Nhili Dragon like this.
  5. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

^_^ and the game is still in somewhat easy mode... it would be awesome to see the reaction of people once everything runs as intended...

6. Womby

Womby Avatar

Shroud of the Avatar is attempting to implement regional economies. For that to work, there must be barriers between regions (the purpose of the various control points).
    That is why the banks work the way they do.

You may not see it, but there has been considerable progress, as you can see if you read the release notes:

Release 34 Instructions
    Release 33 Instructions
    Release 32 Instructions
    Release 31 Instructions
    Release 30 Instructions

I hope that helps.

7. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Then you're not looking.

This is completely and utterly false..

Yeah because banks don't have magic vaults simultaneously exist in all towns at once.

8. Pikegirl

Pikegirl Avatar

Woah.

You're sure you logged into the right game? I thought you said Returning Player.

Then you must know what you're getting into.

I get what you're saying, but this is harsh to the point that it can get locked up in no time. Not helping at all.

Constructive criticism would be better, or spending a bit more time (unchecking the town/zone alien letterings).

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
  9. Audacity

Audacity Avatar

I kinda like the fact that it doesn't try to cater to everyone. Games that try to be all things to all people are the ones that end up watered down and fail.

Sorry it's not your bag.

10. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

This comment is insane. There have been massive changes in this game in 5 months. There was an entire upgrade to the unity engine alone that massively improved graphics (dx9 to dx11) Saying something like this is just going to get you called out as trolling.

This game is still *heavily* under construction, if you dont want to deal with the things that are still being worked on and may be clunky then you should check back in Q1 2017.

Denzel likes this.
  11. Nhili Dragon

Nhili Dragon Avatar

I would like to have global banks like in UO. Saves lots of time when you move your house.

Montaigne likes this.
  12. Ashlynn [Pax]

Ashlynn [Pax] Avatar

The problem with the bank is that it is another example of confused design. We've got local banking AND a global item limit. So the worst of both worlds.

It should be one or the other in my opinion.

13. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

1. Go to your game settings and turn on translated town banners so that you can read them.
    2. I agree that resources should spawn in more random locations. Spawn time is fine the way it is now.
    3. Night time is fine exactly the way it is. You should have to use a light source to see in the night. Just like you have to use a light source to see at night in real life. When was the last time you walked through the woods at night and were able to see ahead of you perfectly fine? Especially through dense woods (hint: it's pitch black without a light source). I personally love that they've made dark actually dark unlike in other games where you go into a 1000+ year old tomb that nobody has been in for centuries that still somehow has lit torches to light the way. I'd honestly like if the game was even darker than it is. You shouldn't be able to see at all in underground areas without a light source.
    4. The game is still a work in progress and improvements definitely have been made since I started playing. They are a team of just over 30 people. You can see exactly what they're working on every day by going to the Standup forum post by the devs. I do agree however that they need to stop focusing so much attention on cosmetic and store items. There's enough housing items and emotes and outfits for now. They need to work more on the core mechanics of the game. Unfortunately however, those store items that they are continuously adding are what's funding this game.

14. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

I don't think the Bank is a confused design... I think the Global Item limit is just another way for them to make money from the game since you can upgrade it with in-game gold or from the Add On Store... bought it twice from the Add On to increase my Bank Limit and I'm almost about to buy again to increase it further... ^^

15. Thwip

Thwip Avatar

In before the lock down! :D LOL

Fister Magee likes this.
  16. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

Thanks for checking back in with us!

Damian Killingsworth likes this.
  17. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

OMG, another rant list... Sorry, I happen to like the direction this game is going... As I remember, Banks have always been regional...

18. zeme

zeme Avatar

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

19. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

I also think it makes owning property more appealing.
    If i could run 100% on bank easily.. i would.

Kabalyero likes this.
  20. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Dare I post here? I had an idea for the Bank, a Dev suggestion rather than a moan, but it seems to serve 2 purposes to post here. I think the Bank is fine as it stands, having a 'gamey' global repository where stuff dropped in 'location a' is collectable in 'location b' many miles away spoils immersion in what is a very immersion focused concept game, at least too me anyway.

My idea, which I think stays within the immersion and reality requirements, is to develop Banking Services, at a fee of course. Even in a pseudo-medieval world, Banks could conceivably agree to ship my cash or goods from far-flung branches for a fee and with a transport or available credit communication time delay. Well that's it really.

Apologies if this is in the wrong thread, already suggested elsewhere or already in the Dev pipeline.

Zethgrim and majoria70 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.