Implementation of no node respawn in SPO

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mass, Nov 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jace3

Jace3 Avatar

You said a mouth full there I couldn't agree more.

Dantuin, Tamsen, Xandra7 and 2 others like this.
  2. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

So, I have to ask...

with the ridiculous amounts of resources needed for crafting, and this experiment being announced, why did they even bother with any mode other than MPO???? I know there are a hell of a lot of scenes out there, but there aren't SO many that you can progress very far if nothing respawns in non-MPO modes.

Which leads to the next question: with the limited mobs out there, and the thousands I have had to kill to get to where I am (Adv level 53) so far, where and how will character development take place?

I really can't wait to finally get a bird's eye view of this elephant, because I am awfully tired of stumbling about, groping blindly at what I thought was the big picture. I mean, given recent decisions and "experiments", all I can do is hope to all that is holy I am not seeing anything resembling the big picture yet....

Sue D Nim, cartodude, Vyrin and 3 others like this.
  3. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Will the nodes and mobs be reset when we leave the scene?

4. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

I hope that is what they mean by this...

cartodude, moko and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  5. Roycestein Kaelstrom

It wouldn't be too bad for the zone that people would run into path. People would probably clear up and take the exit from the other end to start over.

Although, if it also applies for the mines and some areas that are already solo/party-only by default that would affect all online modes then. That might stink having to run down to the bottom of the mine every time we clear it.

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  6. Lace

Lace Avatar

This is utter hogwash. We already spend all our play time hunting and foraging,

My thoughts on how this discussion went at Portalarium (and yeah I am a fan girl---- but this .. makes me wanna say things that will get me banned

So so humor to show my disgust and thoughts on this.

DEV1
    "What can we experiment on this time. Hmm we haven't screwed the crafers over enough, How about we make obtaining the resources which are already unbalanced in some crafting recipes be super hard to get in any reasonable quantity?

DEV2
    "Hmm but didn't we increase the spawn time then keep dialing it down already to cause confusion?"

DEV1
    "Yeah that was the pretend carrot now for the real trick. THE STICK"

DEV2
    "Heheheheh I can see the posts already 'Duke Account for Sale'"

DEV1
    We already got that money, we can attract new players by making scenes look crowded, reward them 25% pvp exp and make them kill each other over a carrot!"

DEV2
    "Oh so we remove the respawn in single player and force them into multiplayer to make the game look more crowded I get it!"

DEV1
    Exactly, the only problem with my master plan I for see are the RMT bots spawn camping the nodes that spawn in the same locations in MPO."

DEV2
    "That won't be an issue because after a month of this most of the playerbase will be on to the next shiny new game."

DEV1
    "True and the ones that will remain will have to sell their crafted gear for such outrageous prices because of the time sink, that they will soon quit as well cause no one will pay."

DEV2
    "Yeah the miners won't mine anymore either because no one will want to pay them for their time"

DEV1
    "And Voila. The player economy is perfectly balanced at ZERO We Win!

Dantuin, Tamsen, lfalk and 11 others like this.
  7. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

I refrained from commenting on it because it was off topic of the OP by @Chris
    I'm hoping he will expand on it at some point now that R36 is live. I'm expecting everyone to point out to him how stupid it is to make the game unplayable for anyone wanting to craft in SPO or FO modes to not be able to get enough resources. Especially, his insulting comment of respawn not being a single player mechanic, but he isn't adjusting recipes to make it equate to a single player game's recipes. Everything is already way over priced because of the stupid decisions by the dev team to make it impossible for crafters to break even or make profit. Going this route is just a slap in the face to all players who don't want to get stuck in the current broken lag fest that is MPO. Anything he can do to push people towards his preferred PvP MMORPG style of play.

Dantuin, Tamsen, Duke Mekong and 6 others like this.
  8. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

Is it sad that this is how I picture it went in my head too? 8^)

Xandra7, Pickley and Aldo like this.
  9. mass

mass Avatar

Before we burn down the castle, let's acknowledge some need to balance resource gathering. People spending 12 hours a day to farm resources in SPO and sell them in the RMT market so that someone can make 100 hours of crafting progress in just 1 hour compared to those of us who just want to play the game to progress is not a good thing. We need some balance there.

I'm not saying the proposed approach I quoted in the OP is the best one, but we may have to experiment a bit before we find proper balance.

That being said, I think there are many of us who will be extremely disappointed if we are forced to go into MPO because the 'balancing' makes it too inefficient to make character progression in Friends/SPO. As has been pointed out:
    1. many scenes are small
    2. sometimes you just want to be alone
    3. sometimes other players are jerks
    4. sometimes other players are distracting
    5. sometimes other players inadvertently get in each other's way not meaning to
    6. sometimes you just want to chop a little wood and not have to race someone else to the tree

Lot's of good reasons to maintain the viability of Friends/SPO. A little balance to curb any resource glut that comes from SPO mode wouldn't hurt though.

Hornpipe, Tamsen, 4EverLost and 5 others like this.
  10. mass

mass Avatar

I assume it's a matter of 'how long'. It wouldn't serve it's purpose if it were immediate upon reentry. If it's like, "Forever? Forevah nevah!" Then, that would pretty much break SPO.

Sue D Nim and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  11. Roycestein Kaelstrom

That's the part I'm wondering. Would it be instant? Then we'll be back on the good ole days where the scene restarted upon mode change, except it becomes scene change instead.

12. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

I agree that SPO resources could use balancing, no argument there. But I think other things need to be balanced if they want people in multiplayer mode. I have no problem resource gathering in multiplayer mode (it would be nice to see other people around), but with as resource intensive as crafting is, this would probably make a lot of people rage quit.

13. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Seems like there will be no re-spawn in the scene. Ever.
    The reset of a scene is an entirely different kind of beast though.
    If a scene resets it reverts back to its former state with all nodes and monsters.
    Question is: how long dose it take until a scene resets?
    I don't know.

14. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Pretty sure he's talking about "offline" single player, not SPO, but I can agree with it... I pretty much jump from scene to scene, once I strip everything, the animals were the only things to respawn faster than the trees...

15. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

You don't know how much I hope you are right. I am putting a cork in it till I get clarification.

moko likes this.
  16. mass

mass Avatar

He is quoted as posting, "...there will be no respawns of creatures or resources except in MPO." How can you interpret that as offline only?

But I agree, if areas spawn full, and you finish it, you'll be able to continue elsewhere and not have it break SPO.

Theonetheonly likes this.
  17. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

He was directly referring to SPO and FO as he was pushing motivation towards PvP and MPO (it was in the post about the xp boost for being both PvP and MPO and talking about how to get more people out of those two modes). He further clarified that for FO it would adjust respawn based on how many people are in the group at that time in that scene. So definitely NOT offline only.

18. Vagabond Sam

Vagabond Sam Avatar

Level sprint and get ready to ninja nodes like it's the Early 00's

There's a reason why other online multilayer games have largely moved to personal node spawns.

I thought their solution of FPO and SPO was elegant in allowing material gathering without the grief.

I guess not

4EverLost, cartodude, moko and 2 others like this.
  19. psteg

psteg Avatar

I do not like multiplayer because of the crowded conditions. I like FPO to gather and farm. I am limited to the time I play. Stop screwing us over and think, and do your homework prior to making a change. Ever heard of due diligence? You guys move too fast without thinking it through. Act like true business people.
    Take your time and do it right.
    I believe most people would not be upset if you were late with launch as long as we have a good game.

If your going to renege on your promise of SPO and FPO, at least consider adding shards to this game like UO does.

20. Kirran

Kirran Avatar

RMT transactions are part of gaming these days. Port has already given the green light on it by hosting sellers' forums. How would you suggest resource gathering be balanced, unless you make every drop in the game account-bound?

Theonetheonly likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.