Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

pvp and direction of the game.

Discussion in 'Release 37 Feedback Forum' started by Nemesis2, Dec 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

[​IMG]

2. Borg

Borg Avatar

Right I understand your concerns, anyway as someone already stated having to compete for resources and spawn in Multiplayer mode and even worse if flaged PVP Im pretty sure people in single player online would still get better XP gains ratio. So that 10% bonus is just not worthy.

Anyway Im far more concerned about scripters , xploiters, powergamers . I would better implement a new concept " mental fatigue " to avoid Powergamer guilds controlling spawns and resources in the future.

Implementing mental fatigue would lower XP/resources/loot gain from 100% to 60% , a 10% XP gain reduction every hour up to 4 hours of game play.

So first gaming hour XP gain is normal at 100%, second hour gain reduced to 90%, 3rd hour reduced to 80%, 4rth hour reduced to 70%, 5th and futher players would only gain at a 60% pace due to mental fatigue.

Players could regenerate mental fatigue only going offline, 10% regeneration or refreshment for every hour offline, so after 4 hours offline your character would be fully regenerated. An extra 10% regeneration bonus for players with 8 or more hours offline lets call that (full rested bonus) and an extra 2% for every single day you are offline up to 5 days so total 10% extra lets call that ( full refreshment after holidays bonus).

So a full rested player would have 110% XP gain the 1st gameplay hour, 100% 2nd hour, 90% 3rd hour and so on.....
    Players returning from holidays (5 days offline) would start at 120%.

That way powergamers could still get XP/resources/gold gains at a reduced pace (due to mental fatigue 60%) if they decide to play 24hours a day and casual players could get more gains for the time they spend in game, reducing the gap between powergamers and casual players.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Here's some principle: because of the bonus, a number of people have flagged and are now having fun partying up and fighting the "bad guys".

4. Dirk Hammerstrike

Dirk Hammerstrike Avatar

I'm not sure if this is insane or brilliant.

Borg and parallelogram like this.
  5. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I don't mind the xp bonuses, but I feel like people have been so distracted by the argument over it that not enough attention has been paid to the fact that so little has been done to actually improve PvP game play. People were told to hold on for quite a while and that there were things on the horizon, but then all that happened was an xp adjustment that could have been done at any time.

parallelogram and Numa like this.
  6. Knightguy

Knightguy Avatar

These type of punishment mechanics never work, and tend to piss off normal gamers more than power gamers when they get days off.

7. Borg

Borg Avatar

I cant see that as a punishment, its just like real life works, no one can learn/perform at same pace the whole day, thats why we go to sleep.............
    Hmmm, Im trying to figure out how the mental fatigue concept would punish casual players and benefit power gamers.
    Could you give me an example how applying the mental fatigue concept would punish casual players pls?

parallelogram likes this.
  8. Knightguy

Knightguy Avatar

People play games to have fun. Some like hyper realism, others like to escape reality. In essence your proposing to punish a player for playing longer periods of time. Developers want people to play, they reward them with experience in the case of this game and many others, a positive reinforcement. You suggesting tapering off the reinforcement, thus making people stop playing, that's kinda the opposite of the goal of the game to reinforce their positive reward for their spent time. I gave the example of casual gamers getting all their playing in on one day, in essence they'd be out of luck at the end of the day cause their gaines wouldn't amount to as much. As for your stance, some people have spare time as a luxury, and in essence your saying they should be punished for playing because others don't have the same amount of time. Life isn't fair, nor equal.

parallelogram and zcundizmond like this.
  9. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Whoa whoa whoa!

No need to tell people with complaints that they are crying, or any of that. They have a legit grievance and whether it gets changed or not, we're not in a position to be telling people not to let the door hit them on the way out.

That being said, the game is still in pre-release and things are changing EVERY MONTH. A staggering amount actually. Let's go with the flow here and see where it takes us.

parallelogram, Caree Death and Cianna like this.
  10. Numa

Numa Avatar

Blood Bay is supposed to be the testbed for new PvP stuff. As for the XP adjustment that could have been done "anytime" - just from the number of contentious arguments about the PvP bonus it's obvious that there's a lot of opposition to that idea.

Port is supposed to listen to us after all, and the reasons for not doing something are often not due to technical reasons but political ones. Just like in RL

parallelogram and Toadster like this.
  11. Borg

Borg Avatar

Casual players are always out of luck at the end of the day, even more with actual system, they would never amount as much, no brainer here.
    The system I suggested is a flat gain system it applies to everyone, and the fact is that it benefits more the casual player, also no brainer here.
    But it would lower the negative impact of powergamers. Maybe you r not concerned at all about what powergamers/scripters can do and how they can negatively impact the game.
    The main idea here is preserving the game from the impact of such behaiviours.
    Mental fatigue is a natural concept, everyone understands that you can not perform at 100% the whole day.....
    The fact that some people has more time to play is obviously a luxury but if you think about game/community health, then I cant see this as a punishment but as a greater benefit.

12. GraveDncer

GraveDncer Avatar

This is by far the biggest threat to the community. It's unfortunate most people are to busy arguing about the the legit player getting 10&10% bonus for multi and PVP.

13. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

I think the main point of this post is that some(probably many) players that support and want this game to succeed will never PVP no matter how big Portalarium makes that carrot on a stick. By giving bonuses that are now character advancement instead of PVP related bonuses your are pissing your player base off and driving some to quit. If it continues down this path I feel it will be detrimental to this game.

The only argument that makes sense is that it really isn't a bonus anyway since we spend more time fighting than gathering XP. Well great if it's not really helpful then turn it off. And give a pvp benefit that is helpful.

This is just a cheap way to try and get people into a system that has no meaning. Fix PVP and give it purpose, make it fun, and guess what, you will no longer need a carrot one stick. People would want to PVP just to PVP.

parallelogram, Nemesis2 and Numa like this.
  14. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

If they are never going to PVP than why do they care? If they are never going to PVP then they have no reason to care at all about character advancement, because obviously they aren't going to fight anyone. I am just going to keep saying this. . PVP players got nothing for 35 releases while PVE players had a game built specifically for them. It's time to stop being selfish babies, honestly it is.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  15. Preachyr

Preachyr Avatar

Yeah, I hate it when I log in and the game forces me into PvP flag.... no matter how much I try and run my character away from that oracle he always ends up standing in front of her and asking to remove protection..
    wait, my bad, that doesn't happen.

But! I definitely hate when I see a player who is flagged run by me and my character automatically attacks them and my game automatically presses the onward button when the warning about being flagged pops up!
    wait... that doesn't happen either.

Fine, but I really can't stand not having the choice of flagging PvP or not when I log into the game and how the game decides it for me on the loading screen!
    Oh, that doesn't happen either.

Ok, seriously though... I hate how I stay in PvE mode and don't fight other players... yet those that do put themselves at risk with the flag are gaining a small xp bonus. It totally puts them ahead in the competition I am having with them, complete unfair advantage over me!
    Hmm wait... I just remembered I'm not actually competing against them for anything and they literally don't affect me at all... and that I can carry on in complete safety at whatever pace I feel like.

Really, all you people whining about being "forced" into pvp, are we playing the same game?
    Are so many people really that entitled that they feel forced into an aspect of the game that they have no interest in, just so they can try to eke out that 10% xp bonus over other players who they aren't in competition with anyways?

People need to grow up.

16. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

We'll see how well that works after they implement respawn rates dependent on how many people are in the instance. They wanted to do it in R37 but have put it off for R38. And they really want to nerf it hard for one player in a scene. (Way harder than they should in my opinion, with the current standard resource respawn rate being so bad with even 4 ungrouped players in a scene. While I think they may need to nerf it a bit in mines for one player, they need to buff it for more players.)

parallelogram and Numa like this.
  17. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

I believe that is the point. If the reward was anything but character advancement, which is the only thing PVE players do. Socialize and advance characters with friends. what's next? You want a rare drop that all PVE players need to advance there skills past a certain level that they can only get with a PVP tag on?

But again this direction is not good for the game, in my opinion. They need more in PVP than a cheap carrot to try and get more people to flag.

parallelogram and Gaelis like this.
  18. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

Short sited ignorance is another hard pill to swallow.

So even if someone is not directly fighting with you there is still competition in an MMO. Anyone that has played these games before understand that and will generally tend to be upset when one play style they don't prefer gets advantage over the one they do. So even if they are not directly challenging you in a fight they could also be competing at bringing resources to marker or rare drops, crafting, etc. The way they accomplish these tasks is by character advancement. Now if some people can advance quicker then they could get something to market sooner or get a rare drop sooner before the market is flooded. These are also aspects of the game people enjoy even if they don't want to deal with shortsighted A**'s that try and grief them.

parallelogram and Gaelis like this.
  19. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

..But their grievance is not legit. They have the same opportunity as everyone else and it's their choice to take advantage of it or not. I enjoyed the PVP-multiplayer XP bonus all day yesterday and I never even PVP'd one time. Just because you flag PVP doesn't mean you have to participate. It's like if a person looked at their neighbor across the street who makes more money than they do because they work two jobs. . if said person complains about making less money it doesn't make their grievance legit. . they could work two jobs if they wanted as well, they are just choosing not to.

20. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

No one is stopping them from advancing their character though LOL they can still do that . .and they can do it faster if they would take advantage of the opportunity given to them. If they are jealous of someone else who is advancing their character faster than they are, they have two choices, try to do what the other person is doing, or stop being jealous and petty and enjoy the game the same way they have been for 35 releases straight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.