Deathmage God Mode

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bioxide, Apr 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

if they add something like Freeze Weapon skill that will turn my sword into an Ice Blade... I would use it all the time like Ignite Weapon... LOL

@Chris please add it... Freeze Weapon... woot

2. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

Being 135 in anything makes you a glass cannon if your innates aren't there... how's everything else looking? subterfuge, heavy armor, tactics, life, sun, earth, etc... how are those? Point is, even the devs don't know how to single an item or a glyph out and say "eureka!" so many things to consider that are working together in the background... And on top of all that, add potions, poisons, artifacts, blessings, and food.

3. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Generally they don't when solo taking on easy mobs, however there is many times when they do. As an example....I am at this moment dong the mage room, those mages do serious damage, especially when too many aggro you. You have to beat a hasty retreat, hop hop like a death bunny away down those stairs with just a touch of life left...Now... if any life skills worked you could heal up and be back in the fight but they don't, -200+ attunement in life due to tapped soul for starters doesn't even allow you to swap decks, heal and swap back...+-100 from the ring and you talking a long wait to regen normally or do what death magic is all about...Taking risk...More damage to self means more damage/more health, that the death way...so it needs a guerrilla type combat, back in to the fight with 15 hp hoping that you get a get RNG off before you get slammed with 5+ fireballs, that's can each crit for 250+. Playing a death mage in high tier content is living on the seat of your pants at times...risk it for a biscuit....FUN!

In group play and boss's, a death mage has to be responsible for themselves, there is no pocket healer for them, or even a healer within a group, their life is in their hands and a dragon especially will eat them (me) for breakfast without a healer helping me out(which they cant due to negative life attunement). There is no chance i can see i could solo a dragon, even 2 death mages would both die as they cant support each other. As i see it at the moment death with a good build is great for solo content but not for group play, i would be very happy if they would take away or lower the anti life healing with an obvious negation for not damage given because that actually isn't that high but for healing received from the death skills. This would allow death mages to be more group content friendly and allow them to incorporate life skills into their normal build for when solo.

In fact id actually go as far as say, take away all healing gained from death magic, take away any negative life attunement from tapped soul especially, maybe CF as well which would allow them to heal normally and be healed normally, but keep the more damaged you are the more damage you do style of death magic. This keeps death true to its roots, takes away its good solo capabilities but allows them to join and participate in group content with healers etc...

Corpse explosion just needs to work on a max number of corpses maybe 2 at once, and only the once but for that damage likely needs to be increased as it would then be a very situational AOE unlike other fields which get perm AOE's.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
    Hornpipe likes this.
  4. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

Sorry Death guys, i'm sticking to this hard and sending in a bug report with numbers to prove it. The whole potions and food and enchants is already info most people know. I get Exceptional gear, i get all the wand enchants. But nerf.

Brass Knuckles likes this.
  5. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Are you a PvPer?

6. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

I'm no Death guy - I roll with ranged and blades. I just don't see artifacts as being OP, nor do I see Death as being OP. I see magic in general needing work and I see a lot of adventure trees that need more glyphs and overall needing some rework/buffs. And we need MOAR COMBOS in everything.

Vox Aquila and E n v y like this.
  7. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

How could that possibly be a fix? and a fix to what? You actually need corpses for the spell to work.....if they changed it to 1 explosion per corpse nobody would use it.......They would just level up Earth and do things like earthquake.

Vox Aquila and Grumpy like this.
  8. Evilgamer

Evilgamer Avatar

A fix for a 400hp/cast trap that it took me a few minutes to set up I guess. I don't really care if they change it or not.

Im not part of this witch hunt to ensure that no one can solo anything and at the same time ensure that death becomes worthless to survival/grinding but that IS how I assumed the spell worked before I tried it.

9. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

I can give you an examples of Death users running in and taking 8 Elf Mages solo and dealing dps and healing and staying 90%+ the entire time. I mean there are so many more instances but that is just a simple one.

For pvp i do not care, but for pve. no no no

10. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Could also probably sit around in Plate spamming Ground Pound/Whirling Blades whilst Throwing in some Earthquakes and Healing Rays whilst not fizzing.

Point is anyone can look overpowered to players who don't really know their build and to maximise the effectiveness of it.

11. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

I'm quite sure they have high fire attunement, cast shield of ice and douse. Once again, if you know how to make the most of your build you can seem like a God to the unskilled.

12. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

All I can say is I agree if this is the current plan, ill put away my bow and 1000pts in archery for a dps spell that also heals and drops aoe. I do like archery but death does feel like a flavor of the month tree that I expected nerfed long ago.

If ya cant beat em join em.. ive got several million banked for just this senario.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  13. Evilgamer

Evilgamer Avatar

And I knew of someone doing that 8 months ago using earth magic. Port kept changing skills and he kept adapting and farming the same npcs . That what people do.

I guarantee that situation is much more about defense than what they are using to kill the npcs.

14. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

You dont know much about the game. Attunment doesnt affect Resist, only douse ice shield and enchants do. Pls just dont even try to argue what you dont know

Currently im the God of knowledge

Anyway, ive talked with many death mages and all this info was compiled with the help of them as well.

15. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Obviously

16. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

So attunment affects resist huh?

17. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

valor seem to talk without knowing much. Im a death god mod user and hardly can take 8 mage on myself. Death cannot fight undead, and cannot kill any boss, while physical (melee and archer) can be god mode too and kill everything.
    I saw a guy run in mage room and take the entire mage room by himself, 10+ mage. He was taking 0 damage and was using fire, no death.
    I think you just wanted tricks to do the mage room yourself...

And btw if you read fire proof description, you will see that attunement does increase the resist.

MrBlight, Vox Aquila, Thwip and 3 others like this.
  18. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

BTW the tool tip hasnt changed

PS to all the silly people

I farm the hell outa The Rise all the time, solo. Learn who you are dealing

19. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

lol...

come on death needs a bit of balancing at least a cap on % of heals from dmg if nothing else.

archery and melee are getting a ner... balance pass soon again and archery will be down to 1 dps skill lol.

20. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

Ill read it for you if you cant.

Increase the fire resistance which adds to the fire attunement but only in the purpose of defense.

What you have to understand here is, attunement do 2 things, affect attack and defense.

Hornpipe likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.