Deathmage God Mode

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bioxide, Apr 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

That might be something only pvper know tough, because we know when hitting a monster for 400 with a spell and a player for 100 with the same spell that attunement does affect defense.

2. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

It's difficult to talk about this combat system with a lot of authority. There's a lack of information when it comes to what's working by design and what's not. The tool tips are often incorrect or so vague no one but Chris kinda sort of knows what's right. Even Chris occasionally has to go back and look at the code to know for sure. So pointing out a few inaccuracies in this big scrum of a combat system is not the best way to prove a point about how much someone knows or doesn't know.

I know enough about Valor to know that he has a lot of first hand experience watching death magic and the Lich King artifact perform in ways that his 135 blade skill can not. But if that's not enough for you, I was the second person over all to GM all of death magic and even I say it's OP.

I realize this post probably won't change your mind or others that have a different point of view. But that's ok, because none of you people make this combat system. Only Chris does (for the most part) so that's the only person I really care about influencing. Still, because I know Valor is correct in his assessment, I felt the need to speak up in his defense. Death (like many parts of this combat system) is OP because the combat system is fundamentally flawed.

Solazur, chuck5086, Pinky2 and 2 others like this.
  3. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

There is a chance it not working on defense (wouldnt be the first time)....... that being said I would like to think Valor would concede his rediculous argument against death mages on the basis that any high level mage/warrior can do a lot of things if they prepare properly.

But hey we obviously don't know who we are dealing with....lol

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  4. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

Here is your homework guys

Magic Damage Types & Resistances: Starting in R36, there is now a more formal resistance system in place for players and creatures. Currently players can mostly gain resistances through gear, but skills and spells will appear in future releases to allow players to expand their resistances. The simplest way to describe how resistances work is to say they are Defensive Attunement. So if you have 50 Death Magic Resistance, that will counter the extra damage that a caster would get from having 50 Attunement. Finally, players who don’t want to use magic can have a way to resist casters! Creatures now also have Resistances. For simple, natural creatures, like bears and spiders, they will have a small amount of Resistance to all magic but generally be fairly easy to affect. Many of the more magical creatures have some very high Magic Resistances to specific schools.

• Attunement and Resistance Enchantments: There are now attunement (weapons) and resistance (chest armor) available to enchanters where the effects are tied to the gem used.

Fire resist is MOSTLY and i dare say mostly, Enchant gear based <gemed>. I bug reported it not working and got it fixed over night, so i am fairly confident on resist/damage. My buddy who did 300 crit and heal had 0 fire resist gear or enchants, so unless you're secretly hangout out with us, then i am not reading any compelling information

5. DavidDC

I have 112 blade skill and can kill boss. My friend which use a 2 hander can effectivly do the mage room. You gotta know what to do. My death gear costed me 2.5m. Get the amount of cash in your blade gear and you will do great.
    And look at all the TOP player how they go to pve. Archery. Not death, cause death cant kill top pve stuff.

Ive seen so many people cry about this and that and all i see of them is they stay in town all day doing nothing. I started this game at christmas, 3-4 month ago, and already surpass 98% of the server player base which are playing since a year or more. Why i saying this? Just to prove that most people crying doesnt put any effort in understanding the concept and how to fight it.

And if you can read correctly and use your brain, the thing you just said is exactly what i was saying, attunement DOES increase defense.

This is like arguing with a wall..

Cream2 and Hornpipe like this.
  6. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

Nice set, my set is worth over 2 mil, we should meet up in game and compare

PS read what @Baron Drocis Fondorlatos
    just said, the Smartest guy on Death magic on the entire server. Then you will edit your comment.

Solazur and Brass Knuckles like this.
  7. DavidDC

Sure lets do it, ign DevilCult

8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Are there mobs that are immune (or mostly immune) to death magic? It seems to me that anything that's undead should be.

discipleofweb likes this.
  9. DavidDC

In the same time ill show you a set of armor i use for blade which costed me nothing and is probably stronger than your. ;)

10. DavidDC

Strangely, i never heard of him.

11. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Im just gonna say this. I *knew* earth magic was way OP in R39. I was regularly hitting mobs on average for 300 hp with obsidian arrow and up to 900 on crits with 5 stack. Yet, I was here saying to the devs that Earth magic was OP and even posting my crit images on the forums. I'm astounded that people are making the claim that death isnt (with the Lich ring). We all know it is, its the reason why everyone in PvP is running death. I recall getting hit in tier 1 league by a 400 crit death ray and watching them get healed 300+ hp by it. That is just pure insanity, NOTHING can compete with that. We all know death mages are uber because they can suck hp and pump focus which is the most powerful thing in this game bar none.

12. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

The Ring of the Lich Kind is about the closest artifact there is that actually resembles a rare artifact drop. In my opinion, it should be OP. If a player is lucky enough to find one or rich enough to buy one, I say more power to them. It'll break eventually and unlike all that crafted gear that makes players OP, the ring won't be easily replaced. I just wish more artifacts buffed that way. Also to note, the death and fire magic trees are for the most part feature complete. I'm holding onto sets of sun ankhs and moon daggers for when those trees get finished - can't wait to see how OP those items become.

Vox Aquila and nonaware like this.
  13. DavidDC

Im proving that death user arent that op. Why wouldnt i be able to do bosses and chillblain too with my build and you can? I think we should be equal, and you should be nerfed. Does that make sense? No, because each build have their own utility.

Bow Vale likes this.
  14. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

"Arent you the leader of DoD".....you crazy??.... i'd never let him in lol

15. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

Why because I just taught you how Resist really works and you are embarrassed? You literally got on my case with mis information and this is how things turn out

16. DavidDC

Sorry man didnt want to put him in same basket ;p

17. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Errrm should read what I sated a couple of posts later.........but anyway, I would never let you in because you made me laugh so much with ludicrous statements over the "smartest" people (lol still laughing) I would lose concentration. On top of that there are simply much better people to have, you a much better fit as some cannon fodder in some other guild :)

18. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

The salt is strong with you

Stahlknecht and Solazur like this.
  19. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I see this thread has degraded....

Solazur, chuck5086 and Hornpipe like this.
  20. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

Ever since people started posting on mechanics they don't know, it started to degrade.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.