SPO, FPO, OPO which will you play most.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JAMorton, Dec 5, 2013.

?

Which Mode will you play Sota in the most ?

1. SPO

12.3%
  2. FPO

10.8%
  3. OPO

76.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coder1024

coder1024 Avatar

I think its the same game client. Doesn't matter whether you're talking offline or online. There'll be 1 client and as an option you can play it in offline mode. But you'll still have all the same updates (in terms of content, fixes, etc. not dynamic world stuff) regardless of how you play. I'd guess when you fire up the patcher it'll give you all the latest updates and you can then go use the result in offline mode if you want.

2. Umbrae

Umbrae Avatar

I would find it hard to believe that there would not some way to manually patch the game. Even launchers and downloaders fail and mostly what they do is just download files to be run anyway. NWN had a horrible time at this and without downloadable updaters many would have never been able to update the product when it would get hung.

3. Fredrick FlameGrinder

Fredrick FlameGrinder Avatar

OPO for me.
    I'm not into PVP but like to see a crowded world, housing, gear worn, etc.

4. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

OPO does not put you in PvP mode.

derek6665 (Baldrith) and vjek like this.
  5. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

If not, then I'm there. :)

6. Sir Bradley White

Sir Bradley White Avatar

There are sliders you can use in OPO for either PVP or PVE. So it is more tailored to your play style on if you want to do either for OPO, or choose something like FPO to just play with friends, SPO to be by yourself, or just playing offline. I am really liking how this system is setup. Now I just need to play the game to really know how I like it.

7. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

If people think OPO is PvP, then maybe that's why there is so much confusion and arguing in the PvP threads. OPO just gives us a multiplayer environment like an MMO. It does not flag anybody for PvP.

They haven't described the PvP scheme yet, but we do know for sure that OPO is not the same thing as being flagged for PvP.

derek6665 (Baldrith) likes this.
  8. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

You know...I think I was just trying not to get my hopes up that this was a 'guaranteed' decision made for the game. I know alot of people don't like it so was willing to bend to keep from the PvP aspect that I don't enjoy. That's one of the things I love about this game...so many options!

Thanks for the clarification on this too.

Isaiah likes this.
  9. Umbrae

Umbrae Avatar

Well just to be clear, we don't really know how PVP will work. There has been no official mention of a slider or checkbox. We only know you will be well aware of when PVP will be enable and have an option to avoid it.

Its that unknown method of implementation that fuels the PVP discussions. However, once known I am sure we will still find other fuel sources. :)

Atlaua and derek6665 (Baldrith) like this.
  10. Owain

Owain Avatar

Housing seems to be the outrage du jour. Can't wait to see what the next crisis will be. Men's fashions, maybe.

11. Owain

Owain Avatar

Prosperity series? What have I missed now?

12. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

One thing is for sure just being in OPO mode does not give anybody permission to attack you. So we know that no matter how they implement PvP it will be a decision totally separate from choosing to play the OPO mode. So anybody who is worried about being attacked by other players in OPO mode, you can rest easy.

13. Sir Bradley White

Sir Bradley White Avatar

Those indestructible add-on items. The axe, fishing pole, pickaxe, and now the skinning knife.

14. coder1024

coder1024 Avatar

Sure, there very well could be a standalone patch file they make available. My point was just that offline mode isn't a whole separate game where you don't get any of the updates/patches that the online game gets. When they fix bugs, add/update static content in the game, I'm guessing the update will apply to online and offline. Offline isn't a different game its just a mode of playing.

15. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

You're killin me Owain. I love your posts! :)

16. coder1024

coder1024 Avatar

They're the way to never have to buy or craft gathering tools :) They last forever and provide a boost to gathering ability. So if you buy them in the store, you'll always have them and won't have to worry about going out and getting replacements.

17. Owain

Owain Avatar

Gathering items? That's nothing to get worked up about.

Wait a minute! DAMMIT, this is an OUTRAGE. I was planning on crafting axes, fishing poles, pickaxes, and skinning knives. YOU HAVE PUT ME OUT OF BUSINESS WITH THIS!!!!1!eleventy.

Wait a minute, no that wasn't me, that was my two guildies. You wait and see, this game is going to FAIL because those guys won't pledge now.

Don't make me say, "I TOLD you so!!!"

eeeeeerrraaaahhah

Can't help it. I TOLD YOU SO!!!

18. Sir Bradley White

Sir Bradley White Avatar

If they did ever run out of things to complain about it means the world is ending... Oh wait, they would complain about that too. :p

But that is enough off topic from me.

derek6665 (Baldrith) and Atlaua like this.
  19. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Thanks for the heads-up! I want that skinning knife.

In UO I had newbie scissors and newbie knife that were very useful. They never wore out, and you never lost them when you died. I also got some newbie clothes as well because I got tired of finding another cloak, dying it black etc.

These prosperity items are no big deal. They are more of a convenience than anything. It's not like they are selling war-hammers of prosperity. That would be a complete violation of selling power. Crafting tools don't really equate to selling power to me. So what if people have indestructible crafting and fishing tools.

20. Owain

Owain Avatar

Yeeaarrghhh! You are part of the problem! ;)

Isaiah likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.