SPO, FPO, OPO which will you play most.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JAMorton, Dec 5, 2013.

?

Which Mode will you play Sota in the most ?

1. SPO

12.3%
  2. FPO

10.8%
  3. OPO

76.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Furious Farmer

Furious Farmer Avatar

I will start with OPO, but if PKers tick me off too much then I will switch to FPO.

Vyrinor and BillRoy like this.
  2. Sir Bradley White

Sir Bradley White Avatar

I will be OPO. Regardless of PVP or PVE rules that come out, I want to play with any random person regardless of play style.

greaseDonkey, Grimnar and BillRoy like this.
  3. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

All the above, I'll be sliding the slider back and forth...

Atlaua and BillRoy like this.
  4. Ned888

Ned888 Avatar

I'll definitely be playing online in some capacity, but I can't say which of the above until I hear more of the mechanics.

It will also depend on whether I find a guild or not prior to launch.

BillRoy likes this.
  5. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

Don't be too shy, friend. It is nice seeing other people around even if you keep to yourself, it's more like a "living world" that way.
    It shouldn't be too bad, especially in similar age and play-style groups.
    As far as PvP goes try it, but don't let it put you off the game if you don't like it. And if you go with someone it's nicer than trying it out alone (look me up when the time comes, I'm not that great, but I'm not so bad that I'll embarrass you.lol ;)).

I'll play OPO, I like soloing but if I have to play single player I probably won't bother. I like MMOs.

Asclepius likes this.
  6. Kazin

Kazin Avatar

I'm not entirely sure I understand how OPO works yet, as opposed to FPO. Is there somewhere on the site that better explains this, or is it still kind of up in the air?

BillRoy likes this.
  7. Caradin

Caradin Avatar

Same here

8. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

I'm not sure, but I think FPO means from your personal buddy list or your FaceBook and Twitter friends, and OPO means they pick people who have things in common with you according to your profile...like an on-line dating service...things could get weird...:eek:

9. Sir Bradley White

Sir Bradley White Avatar

I think OPO is more about grouping you based on your slider: PVE or PVP. How FPO will work I can't say. I mean, the friends list will probably be set in game, so it might just work off of you setting who is your friend, and only they will be able to play with you in that setting. Unlike OPO in which you can get anyone and everyone to play with based on your slider settings.

Hopefully that is correct, and if there is something I am mistaken about please correct me.

10. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

Thanks - I'm encouraged! See you around maybe:).

BillRoy likes this.
  11. coder1024

coder1024 Avatar

FPO is the same thing as OPO, except the game filters the list based on your friends. So its really the same game mode, just with some filtering applied so you only see friends. Presumably a friends list, or people in your guild, etc.

BillRoy likes this.
  12. Bayard2

Bayard2 Avatar

Yeah my settings will vary on my mood and time to play. I'm not a hardcore PvP'er Been gang ganked too many times to want to live it all the time because I like playing solo or with my guild. But for resource gathering if I need to go to an open PvP area then I will gather a few friends for backup and go. There are times I just need to unwind without company and single player would be awesome... and if I go away for the weekend with no internet and the weather is cruddy I might play offline as well... I like the choices we have that other games don't offer.

NirAntae and BillRoy like this.
  13. Silent Strider

Silent Strider Avatar

It depends:

- OPO if the rules for how things like loot, XP, crafting nodes, etc are shared across players make it more pleasant to play with others than alone.

- FPO and SPO, likely in equal measures, if the rules allow others to killsteal, steal crafting nodes, or otherwise become a nuisance.

- Single player offline if there is any PvE content in the game that I want to experience that is locked behind PvP, or if I feel like taking part in PvP is giving players too big of an advantage over strict PvE players.

Time Lord and BillRoy like this.
  14. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

I want to enjoy seeing other people around too and would prefer as many as can be crammed into an instance.

But there's a real possibility if there's a lot of ganking and teenage buffonery that most will switch to FPO and then OPO will become the cesspool of ganking, foul language and such. If OPO gets out of hand it will go downhill fast

BillRoy likes this.
  15. jondavis

jondavis Avatar

I'm done with single player games.
    Open and only Open

BillRoy likes this.
  16. Sunsanvil

Sunsanvil Avatar

Hasnt it been said that a given character will NOT be allowed to switch once started? For those of us with less than 15 hours/day to play that will make this choice somewhat critical. I'm primarily interested in Solo Offline, but Richard's comment that he thinks people like me will want to play Solo Online (aka "friends only online"?) has me wondering. I really don't want to spend weeks or months in one mode and wish I had started in another. Hopefully by pledging and accessing the Alpha/Beta I'll be in a position to make an intelligent choice at launch...

17. Umbrae

Umbrae Avatar

Single Player Offline is a one way street. Once you go Offline you cannot bring that character Online (offline characters store files locally and allow hacking). However, for the "Online" modes, you are supposed to be able to switch in and out of those at will in "safe" zones. Of course, we are still waiting for firm details as I don't think they have this settled beyond the conceptual level.

Edit to clarify modes:
    SPO = Single Player Online
    FPO = Friends Play Online
    OPO = Open Play Online

The benefit of playing online even in Single Player is seeing other player's houses and vendors as well as the persistent events that happen in the world. If you play offline then these features will be absent.

Isaiah, Silent Strider and BillRoy like this.
  18. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

You may switch between any of your "Online" choices, Single, Friends, and Open. Your offline character may never play online.
    It is beneficial to be online do you can experience the world fleshed out with other players housing and vendors etc.

BillRoy likes this.
  19. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

...Not To Mention The World Changes By The Devs (Volcanoes erupting, New Areas, Etc.)

BillRoy likes this.
  20. coder1024

coder1024 Avatar

I think the sort of changes you're talking about would just come through via an update and so would also be available in offline mode.

BillRoy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.