Play time , time to make it more worthwhile- -

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Weins201, Jul 19, 2017.

?

Does it concern you that this seems to be here but you just found out about it

1. Yeah, somthing is amiss

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. Na, do not really care

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

You can sneak by a lot of the encounters, using the sneak skill. Granted you need to run off the road abit, but it can be done.

2. Damian Killingsworth

Damian Killingsworth Avatar

also potion of wolf speed does the trick

3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

So players have figured out that if you have one on the road "lure" it off to make it worth more ? ? ?

Is this by design ? ? ? ?

If so it is a terrible design - if it spawned on the road it is a road encounter .

This is a perfect example of something that some players know and are using, and just now the rest of the world is learning . . .

This is a perfect example of T-R-A-N-S-P-A-R-A-N-C-Y if this mechanic is intended it should have been; published, yelled from the roof tops, . . ., and made known to all as it changes encounters massively.

If NOT intended ????

FrostII likes this.
  4. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

@EMPstrike
    Lure them off the overworld road or off the road within the encounter scene ???
    Gonna check you on this one..... I have serious doubts.... sorry.

5. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Off the overworld road. Has to be an open field. Roads, forest,a nd desert will all be lvl 1. open fields are lvl 5. Ill make a video real quick

6. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Roads are safer so, naturally the encounters tend to be weaker!

Metalocalypze, Fister Magee and Mac2 like this.
  7. Tsumo2

Tsumo2 Avatar

One time releases ago their was dragon in an encounter. It roasted me.

8. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Now I am asking does it bother you that this is something you are just finding out about?

That is the information that if you entice an Encounter off the road a bit it is different?

Here is why this bothers me;
    1. No idea who long this has been like this, but it IS an advantage to know this.
    2. Clearly some players know about it, some actually have been doing this for a while.
    3. Developers think one of a few options;
    a. not a big deal
    b. it was in some notes, in a blog, discord, . . so "we told you"
    c. now if it is not how it is supposed to work - back to a. did not affect a lot of people​
    4. to many players accept how things like this are dealt with and are accepting it as normal.
    Yeha I know I am Grumpie, but when things like this appear, and are just brushed off and not addressed?

A simple reply from someone of significance, would go a long way to explain . .

"The Encounters, have tiers. They are not scaled to players level, but to the location they actually activate the encounter. Again if you try and run around and encounter and are caught, the further off the road the harder you are punished, this means they encounter is harder with more rewards"

To me that is how you introduce changes in content, BTW blogs, discord, tweets, . . . are not communicating effectively - - instruction and patch notes should be the only accepted place to introduce CONTENT.

Quinn Zorich likes this.
  9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I think all encounters should have a plot line to them like some story and I think there should be a way to complete them with the game making a note of it. These are not encounters like we had discussed in the past. Perhaps we come into an encounter meeting a dying man whose family was killed and he has a request for vengeance and a request that we find something they took from him that he wants us to get revenge and take this family heirloom to his relatives in a certain town.

Another type of encounter that was mentioned was like a creature say a troll who talks to us and needs us to do something for him, but there could be a chance he will turn on us and do we trust him. So encounters as they are now are just like everyone says, mostly we want to pass them by, but sometimes I do encounters for resources, but never does it say I achieved anything. This is one of my pet peeves is that we should know we did something and completed something. We need many more Ta-da's in this game of our achievements and our non-achievements. ;) We do things and there is the questioning of did we do all of it or is there more, which is fine if there is more secrets to find. That is a give-in. ;)

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  10. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

This is intended and on the way! And one of the features i most look forward to every time its updated

11. Gix

Gix Avatar

I can tell you from constantly being murdered by these skeletons each time I try to confront them that they are NOT scaled. I never heard or read anything saying that they would be either.

Oh man! If the entire game would scale appropriately to the party's level, people would actually be able to focus on the game's stories!

I sure hope not. For a game that's supposed to be set in a convincing world, that would be yet another thing that the game does that doesn't make sense.

The encounter itself is you finding "something of interest". Those skeletons shouldn't be chasing you but they shouldn't be running away from you either... especially consider those particular skeletons are lying on the floor.

If there's one thing Stealth can do, is avoiding encounters.

This is quite possibly SotA's biggest problem when it comes to player's arguing against feedback.

12. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Im not sure your strategies for trying to avoid them but i simply walk around them most of the time.

Stealth works very well too

13. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

We were talking about the troll encounters at the southern pass near Aldhaven.

14. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

I use fleet flute to just run around them. This spot is a small mountain pass with a troll or two blocking it. I don't know if stealth works since there is no space.

15. eli

eli Avatar

i think the main reason roving encounters are still in the game is that they are the only thing making coconuts valuable.

Lord Ravnos likes this.
  16. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The fleet flute allows you to run faster than the trolls?

17. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

Yea but I have not had luck getting past them in this pass.

[​IMG]

Barugon likes this.
  18. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

That's the pass I'm talking about. It would be ok if they moved the encounters into the open area on either side so that there would at least be the possibility of sneaking by.

19. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

I don't mind it. It allows you to bypass Brightbone Pass or whatever it is called.

20. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Ok i gotcha. I saw that last night. You can creep by himwith stealth but hes pretty hard to avoid otherwise

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.