Request for the dev team. Re:Cf vendors

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brass Knuckles, Dec 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

The igg vendor charges 10% where as the Cf vendor is commision free.

I request you find a way to bridge the gap, that 10% may not seam like alot but for the middle class blue collar bow merchant it can be hard to compete. On a 100,000 gp bow buy thats 10,000gp up front just to list the item. To list 10 bows your out 100k till they sell.

What kind of contributions can you add to this conversation, your opinion is welcome.

@DarkStarr @Lord British @everyone

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    Elwyn, amarious and Bow Vale like this.
  2. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

I think the 10% is fine for commission vendor, but I think it should take it after a sale happens, not before.

3. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Then people would set ridiculous prices and use them for storage.

4. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Yea i like that suggestion, but id like 5% if asked

5. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Storage ? Isnt that what banks and chests are for?

To have a vendor u need property.

6. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

im all for lowering taxes to make the little guy who can't afford a CF free vendor to be more competitive.

+1

Nikko, belijaal, amarious and 2 others like this.
  7. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Sorry, that makes no sense, it never made sense when Darkstarr said it and it still makes no sense today. That would be literally the worst use of a vendor when there are so many other options for storage. Why would you ever want to drag items in, put a price, wait for the signature, one by one, if you could just throw them in a chest?

Elwyn, Elnoth, belijaal and 2 others like this.
  8. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I've been using a Commissioned vendor now, alongside my Commission free ones. I just wanted to see if they are even usable. "My sources say rarely." I have it dropped to 5% by one of the magic money wands.

At that price it isn't too terrible. At 10% Viola still makes money on the Public Vendors though, so I can't say that's horrible either.

But being charged the commission up front makes these vendors 90% worthless. As a merchant I often have to reprice things in order to keep up with the economy. If the price goes up, I'm losing more than just that commission because I should be selling for more. If the price goes down, I lose the entire commission because no one will ever buy it, and now I need to remove it and relist. So now I've paid 20% (or 10% if the magic money stick is involved.)

This alone makes them detrimental, and best avoided by anyone but experts or people who are ok with always pricing their goods far below market value.

I'm sure they know this though, and have faith it'll be fixed within a few releases without much fanfare. We'll see a nice bump in their use and one more argument of the haters will disappear.

Market, Spoon, Elwyn and 3 others like this.
  9. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I think the nail was hit on the head about being pre tax vrs post tax. Its much more painful paying that while stuff is sitting on a vendor and your cash is tied up. This in hind sight is the bigger issue.

The 10% is not a big issue on minor things, but once the value of the item starts rising its becomes pretty painful.
    Say you want to sell a cf vendor or a property deed via a commision vendor, 10% of 800k is pretty hefty. Or my first example you crafter 10 high quality bows and you have to pay 100k up front to list them.

I think what I really want is the people who can afford things like $550 pledges not to be overly advantaged. Its up to the individual to determine what thats means im sure if you as any struggling non cf vendor player they feel they are at a disadvantage in the market.

I have 4 cf vendors and I let many in my guild use them because id feel bad if they had to use the taxes ones. I think a even playing field would be good for the game long term. (Or as even as posible)

Elwyn likes this.
  10. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

STOP TAXING THE LITTLE GUYS! LOL! :D

Brass Knuckles likes this.
  11. Kain Darkmoor

Kain Darkmoor Avatar

It's pretty easy to get access to CF vendors through renting and/or guild vendors that it's kind of a moot point.

Bankee likes this.
  12. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Tough crowd ;)

13. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

A commission, by definition, is the gratuity earned on an actual sale. The commission needs to change to an on item sold basis. If they're still so worried that vendors will turn into storage, just make it so that if the item doesn't sell in a week from the initial listing it gets mailed back to you. Boom, magic infinite storage problem solved, commission free vendor pay to win gap is also solved, everyone's happy.

Mototopo and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  14. redfish

redfish Avatar

I kind of don't like the mailing thing on principle just because vendors can be really good for role-playing -- say in setting up a quest where you get an item from a player vendor, or say stocking a vendor in a library with books. And you don't want to force players who are using their vendors that way to restock every week.

I would point out though, as I did in the other thread on this, that advance commission doesn't really stop people with Commission Free Vendors from using them as storage, so I'm not sure what the point of this as a "control" feature is. Since a lot of the real estate in Novia is taken up by people who own CF Vendors, if people are going to use them as storage, you're going to see them used as storage regardless of the advance commission on non-CF vendors.

From the other thread,

Trihugger likes this.
  15. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

I personally agree with you and everyone else that this "worry" about using a vendor as storage is basically unfounded nonsense. Unfortunately the commentary came from @DarkStarr himself which presents the problem we're facing. Since they're not changing what CF vendors do, I can only suggest other means to prevent the imaginary storage problem.

Maybe we'll get lucky and someone will slap some sense into them as to how stupid this is.

Elwyn, Mototopo and LiquidBlaze like this.
  16. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

Agreed... why would you use a vendor (that takes commission and cost 20,000 game gold) as a storage when you can have a lot of storage with the multiple containers (chest, cabinets, etc.) we have in the game... (@´_`@)

Tetsu Nevara, Elwyn, Elnoth and 2 others like this.
  17. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

See, the commission-free vendors allow those players to save money, which will allow them to spend more money buying stuff from player vendors, and that will trickle down to those who can't afford the commission-free vendors. Everyone wins!

Kabalyero likes this.
  18. Sea Hunter

Sea Hunter Avatar

19. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Also it means a player with a taxable vendor cant change the prices of their good else they will incur another 10% fee. I have a CF vendor but i am all for them dropping the 10%..Maybe 2.5% and they can get a refund if they remove the item to maybe keep or put up for a different price for which its taxed again at 2.5%. If nothing ever sells they can remove the items and then get the tax back..

20. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Ok there is soo many things to consider.
    One. I think Darkstarr's comment about using vendors as storage only concerns people that do not have lots to place chest. If you only have your bank you can "store" inventory on vendors and retrieve it when needed because you know it will not sell. If you were limited to 5 things on a vendor with a time frame it would solve the storage problem or at least make the player go to many vendors to do it. With the rental system the storage problem isn't really a problem anymore. Many people are offering free rooms to renters and they can place chest in them.

Two. Commission should be charged on sale not on listing. Price changes should be allowed during the listing. The only time price changes matter is when the commission is charged. If the item doesn't sell after a set time, and the time does not reset when the price is changed, then a smaller commission (listing fee) is charged.

Three. If you invested in the game and received a reward it should not be devalued because the people that did not invest due to not having the money or just did not want to invest fell slighted. By all means work to make it fair but don't think it will ever be the same. There is already the problem of getting a nice reward and then seeing a 'very' similar item on the add-on store or as a recipe. Why buy it if you can wait and craft your own?

Anyway these are my thoughts based on running a consignment store in the real world.

Daxxe Diggler likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.