Housing Plots Soldout Question

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Caliya, Dec 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

To be clear, I was not "whining" that not all backers will get plots. It's only fair that a limited number do. My concern was about the risk of buying a deed, and what the chances were of getting a plot if I took that risk. I wanted to know some sort of risk factor, which I don't believe is unreasonable as an investor.

I do not want something for nothing. The whole reason I asked any questions at all is because I wanted to invest more, as in, buy a deed, but not if the risk is too high.

2. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Then my advise would be go do a payment plan go get you go citizen level. No risk and you know exactly what you get.

derek6665 (Baldrith) likes this.
  3. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

I'd love to, if I could afford $50/month. But alas, I can't. My next best option was to buy a plot, but alas, they are sold out. My next best option was to buy a deed. Alas, they are a risk of unknown proportion. Thus, I don't invest more money.

Simple.

Not the best strategy on the Dev's part, but there it is.

Sir Frank likes this.
  4. Deliverence

Deliverence Avatar

I don't believe they are planning on releasing any more lots for sale in the add on store not at least in the near future as they want to insure there are plenty of lots available for in game currency at launch.
    Of course this could change as the world becomes more developed they may see an opportunity to add more but for now I think the only way to guarantee one is to purchase at Citizen level or greater.

5. Deliverence

Deliverence Avatar

If this is something you really want have you thought about getting a part time job?

6. Lord Kiron Maedun

Lord Kiron Maedun Avatar

I have thought about Hooking to be able to get one!.... My wife told me no... lol

Envy / Midian, Caliya and Deliverence like this.
  7. Deliverence

Deliverence Avatar

LOL Sir Kiron Maedun :)

8. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

Maybe sell my gold fillings?

9. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

If you don't have a Village Plot don't buy any Houses.
    The only way everyone is guaranteed owning a land deed s by playing the game Offline. You will have the choice of every plot in the game.
    But you are alone with a bunch of NPC's that don't seem to understand much.

The main concern with the Land plots is that they are very limited, and the decision by Portalarium to change their policy that one account could own as many plots as they could pay for.
    The Multi Plots owners argue they could have set up 2 accounts but that would have cost them $1000 to get 2 citizens level plots.
    With Multi Plots when the Plots went on Sale at $150 they could then buy 3 more for $450 instead of investing $500 for citizen level on a 2nd account.
    With the Back Friday sale that dropped to $120 a Plot so then they could buy an extra 4 Plots on one account. These will be for some site they find that sells in virtual goods.
    So what I'm after is Portalarium changing the multi plot rule back to single Plot and not sell anymore Lots in the shop, so more players have the chance of a land deed for in game gold when the game launches.
    They can design a very special house for those that have Multi plots or give them their money back.
    If they need more funds they should have put the Axe of prosperity in a stretch goal of $100000 and everyone over $45 pledge got one,That's about $4 each per backer. 200 land deeds only raked in £27500 and caused a lot of unrest.

Tarsilion likes this.
  10. Deliverence

Deliverence Avatar

Kind of dodging the question there and if you don't want to answer I respect that, but like most things in life unless you come from wealth you have to work to obtain them.
    To me $50 a month doesn't seem like much, I recall when I was about 14 I used to get paid $50 a week just for folding news papers for a postal service company and this goes back a very long time ago now!
    Plenty of ways of making money out there, I know a kid that gets paid $300 a month from advertisements for posting Minecraft tutorials and videos on youtube...

At any case I get money is tight for some people with bills and so forth and I can relate to that though I also hear a lot of excuses that property is only for the rich and this is so not true.
    I know there are many out there like me that worked 80 hour weeks to be able to afford property in this game so we can enjoy it or made their own sacrifices in some way shape or form to achieve this.
    All I'm saying is if it is something you really desire I think $50 a month is within your reach if you put the effort in.

11. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

Why not just play the game and earn it, this is a Virtual reality world you are the character, there's no internet access to Earth, the Local Yokels have no use for $$ they want your in game gold or your blood

game definition
    [ gaym ]
    1. something played for fun: an activity that people participate in, together or on their own, for fun
    2. competitive activity with rules: a sporting or other activity in which players compete against each other by following a fixed set of rules
    3. competition: an occasion when a competitive game is played

Tarsilion likes this.
  12. Deliverence

Deliverence Avatar

Wagram if people want to earn land by playing the game that's entirely their option I'm not against that but in case you didn't read Caliya is looking at investing money in this game.

Caliya: "I do not want something for nothing. The whole reason I asked any questions at all is because I wanted to invest more, as in, buy a deed, but not if the risk is too high."

13. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

I think it was about risk of buying a house deed with no land plot, and didn't have the money to get a plot so said earning it from in game was ok because she didn't want something for nothing.

Caliya and Tarsilion like this.
  14. Deliverence

Deliverence Avatar

"The whole reason I asked any questions at all is because I wanted to invest more, as in, buy a deed"

Wagram just curious how you interpret that what is she investing to buy a land deed if it is not with money?

15. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

I'm willing to earn it in game, earning gold in game. But if I find the nightmare it was in UO to own a plot, I won't be staying in the game for future additions. It's not worth the headache and investment in time. The land rush in UO left a very, very bad taste in my mouth. I don't expect guarantees, and expect to have to earn something. But I'm not going to throw away hard earned real life money. $50 might not seem much to someone, but I'm sending extra money to my grandkids, whose families are not doing well in these economic times & during the holiday season. I'd rather send them $50 extra a month than a game.

wagram, Tarsilion and Deliverence like this.
  16. Tarsilion

Tarsilion Avatar

Life is complicated. Let's take me as an example: I have a full time government job where my work status prohibits me to earn additional money from a part time job.
    While my job pays well enough to do OK, I do not have 550$ left over for a citizen level pledge.

17. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

Yes she was interested in investing more by buying a HOUSE deed, that is NOT a LAND deed/plot/ lot whatever you call them. without one she may have been wasting money.

House Deed = pixel house to place on a Land Deed = Part of the online persistent world

18. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

*grabs some popcorn and watches the off-topic threads...*

Time Lord, Deliverence and Caliya like this.
  19. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

What if you are totally blowing this out of proportion??

20. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

Actually, I was willing to invest in a $200 land deed but they sold out. That is like the top end of what I feel I could afford. But that's not possible. And house deeds are too big of a risk. Otherwise I'd buy one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.