Housing Plots Soldout Question

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Caliya, Dec 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

I hope I am! I hope it will all be fine and my concerns are needless. But it doesn't hurt to bring up the topics that could potentially be a problem.

2. Deliverence

Deliverence Avatar

Well from what Star was saying last night it sounds like they are trying to insure ample property is for sale with in game gold and as far as the land rush in UO it looks like they have been thinking of ways to address this.
    If anything you will have access to the game from day go so I think you should fair a pretty good chance of obtaining this, I wish you luck with this.

$50 a month to send to your Grandkids is very sweet and I wouldn't ever expect anyone to ever spend above their means on a video game, far more important things in life than that.

From KS
    • Put a deed up per week per area with an opening for a 1 week auction using in game currency. This would obviously be VERY competitive!
    • Lottery system. Tickets are sold for a week and then we hold a random drawing to give away a few property deeds. This will ensure that more people have a chance and makes it more exciting for the masses but could frustrate some players.
    • Land Rush! We would set a very high but fixed in game price for deeds and let people race to get them. This could be too rewarding for the earliest adopters and also could result in some negative side effects like organized groups or farmers working together to buy property deeds purely for resale reasons

3. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

4. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

well at the risk of going further off topic, you should be happy wagram, if people are soo upset and worried, then you will have no problem getting a piece of property. :0

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

6. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

Its easy to get people worked up and negative. Its people that have early assumptions of the game and go on other sites and cry. Negativity has a really bad impact. I try to stay positive about things as I can only control myself. Seems like others have a vendetta if they do not get their way.

Time Lord, Deliverence and Caliya like this.
  7. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

good idea's but 1 & 3 can both be abused by groups.
    2 could be won by someone who owns a plot.

If they can only own 1 plot per account set the system so they cannot buy another.
    Make owned plots upgradeable only in game so you need 1 village plot a X amount in game gold to buy it.

8. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

Very happy to hear we can own multiple lots! Awesome.

Envy / Midian likes this.
  9. Deliverence

Deliverence Avatar

I think these where mostly just thoughts they put together as they had a lot of questions regarding this during KS, not sure if they will go with any of these options but it's nice to know they are at least thinking about this as I'm sure they have learnt a lot from the land release in UO.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/portalarium/shroud-of-the-avatar-forsaken-virtues-0/posts/434752

"If they can only own 1 plot per account set the system so they cannot buy another." = Land deeds have always been transferable and having 1 user only own one lot of land to me is kind of pointless. Lets say I wanted a Village Lot and a Town Lot and there was a restriction on this I could simply purchase another account with the deed lot that I'm after then add my other characters name to my Friends List with high level access to the other property so I can change and manipulate my second property as I see fit.

"Make owned plots upgradeable only in game so you need 1 village plot a X amount in game gold to buy it." = Player lots and the upgrade system was conceived at the start changing this would be changing a fundamental part of the game, it simply would never happen.

10. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

If you want 2 accounts that's ok it will cost you $40 to $50 Portalarium want to sell games so 1 house per account is in their favour and funds Episode 2.
    One Plot per account was a fundamental part of the game. So lets have it changed back.

Caliya and Tarsilion like this.
  11. Deliverence

Deliverence Avatar

You don't seem to understand Wagram.

* My main account I purchase a Citizen level deed granting me a Village Size lot.
    * I purchase a second Citizen level deed under a different account.
    * On my second account I add my first characters name to the house deed and to my friends list granting my main character full access to the property.
    * My main now has two rent free Village level lots with my secondary character only logging in twice a year to insure it retains the village level deed in its current location.

My main character would essentially have two village level lots to do as he pleases with.
    (I know one person on here that has purchased 3 Citizen level tiers to do just this.)

12. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

I think it means a city plot can be used on Town or village plot if you want
    A village plot can only be placed on a village plot. So for a Town it needs an upgrade and we don't know what price they will be yet

13. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

That's what people did in UO, they bought other accounts, which is fine from a monetary standpoint for the producers. But it went beyond that, and will in SotA if they don't get a handle on this situation before it ever starts. Hopefully they've discussed these issues already. But there are people in other countries whose sole job is to sit in a game all day to earn virtual goods and sell them on Ebay, which causes housing shortages (for one), driving up the price so that houses sell for exorbitant amounts. I saw castles selling for $1200.

I dealt with Markeedragon, he's a good guy. But he sold goods all the time. At least there was someone you could trust to send money. There were so many Ebay scams, it was terrible. So for current backers to have bought up 200 plots in a flash, and some own more than one, means they will sell them for lots more than they purchased them. I mean, is scalping what we really want to encourage? Reducing a game to virtual goods for real currency has lots of bad consequences.

I personally bought my own house in UO on Ebay, because honestly, I'd camp spots night after night and always get beat by someone. And after several years of playing, still didn't have a bigger house, only a cabin with the lowest amount of storage available. There weren't plots, only deeds, and only certain houses would fit in certain places.When you play a game for 10 years like I did, you accumulate a lot of things you simply don't want to get rid of. Collectibles, different armor and weapons that can no longer be crafted or bought freely, etc.

When they limit bank space (they did this due to lag), it forces players to need homes, or keep a tiny amount of goods.

I'm not sure what the original poster meant by plot upgrades, as in larger? Ya, I could see that couldn't work. But if he meant upgrades to houses, like the basements, that's already a reality.

14. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

Good for you that's $1000 for the Development.
    As it is you could have got one for $120 so that's only $620 for the development with a bit of in game gold rent

15. Deliverence

Deliverence Avatar

@Caliya = Regrettably multiple accounts have happened in SOTA as I mentioned I know someone with three accounts already but I believe this isn't the norm pretty sure most people will simply own one account.

16. Tarsilion

Tarsilion Avatar

@Caliya: One thing I love about League of Legends is that nothing sold to finance the game is needed for the playing experience. They essentially make all their revenue by selling artwork (different player skins). You can buy other items but they can all be obtained just by playing a lot. Of course this means that some people will play the full featured game for very cheap (in LoL for free as it is free to play) but on everage people like the additional customization for their characters.

For SotA they have some of that by buying special houses, titled for your character, etc. but then they sell things that will massively affect gameplay.

17. Deliverence

Deliverence Avatar

I only have the one account Wagram I was simply pointing out how pointless it would be to restrict user accounts to a single plot, also the account that I own is worth a lot more than two Citizen level deeds.

Envy / Midian likes this.
  18. Tarsilion

Tarsilion Avatar

And he simply pointed out that it would not be pointless but that each account brings more money to the developers. You may think that 40-50$ for a copy is not much money but it is better than 0.

19. Deliverence

Deliverence Avatar

What are you talking about Tarsillion, I think you need to go back and reread my posts.

derek6665 (Baldrith) likes this.
  20. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

Right. That's what has me concerned. If it's like this only in pre-alpha, what is going to happen once the game is released? Unless they give this some careful thought, it'll just be more of the same.

I can understand being desperate for backing money, and extending goods to make that happen. But this is something that is already becoming an issue and no one is even playing the game yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.