Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

9 x "xyz" is on/offline while talking to Lord Siranto in Ardoris ...

Discussion in 'Release 53 Feedback Forum' started by Paladin Michael, Apr 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

In this Release the possibility was given to toggle "loot" information on/off.
    Why? Because the chat window provides so much information!
    And too much can be confusing ...

If a (new?) player starts (and of course he will "friend" people!), the information about "on/off" will appear.
    No problem with it in the chat window (well, I know people who have - that's another story).

Believe me, I will ask the last time: why must it be shown in dialogue window?
    And consider, please: I was in PRIVATE mode ...

Please, separate this information from the misc part.

Two things will happen:
    1. we could toggle it off/on for chat window
    2. we could enjoy the dialogue with NPC (most important for doing story and quests!)

Thank you for consider this as soon as possible.

Nothing is more disturbing and distracting as showing "Player xyz is on/offline" in DIALOGUE window :.(
    This should be a no go for storyline.

Technical information should be separated.
    This story earns to be told in a STORY ONLY window :)

P.S.: Sure, I could unfriend everybody to prevent it - not really a solution!

Last edited: May 3, 2018
    Tamsen, Synergy Blaize and Kara Brae like this.
  2. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I agree. This is just one more reason I don’t like how conversations/the dialogue system was implemented.

I wish that all non-immersive interruptions to a conversation (including the abrupt ending of a conversation for no apparent reason, the NPC wandering off in the middle of a conversation, dialogue message “This NPC is leaving soon”) would be removed.

I wish NPCs would at least be able to give some reply about a topic of conversation they themselves have brought up. Alternatively do away with the chat input field and replace the whole system with a multiple choice dialogue system like in Ultima VII.

3. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

I fully agree to take the input line away. It gives no positive purpose. It is suggesting, we could ask everything we like ...
    Most (new) players are confused, because the parser won't understand anything they enter :(

About the information with R53, that we can ask NPC about locations:
    This could simple solved by a (map) SYMBOL or a keyword like "important locations".
    And this location should be shown on map at the moment we are exploring it or when we get the information where to find it.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.