A Retrospect into the Dumbing Down of PvP

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Bambino, Jun 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

A fellow guild mate who started this game in March and has now hit adv lvl 115 since.

With 2x XP, you be 95% functional in PvP by farming tears for a few days.

This new trials system is fantastic and will get peoples feet in the door. I called for this 2 years ago. SOTA is no different then any game I have played recently that is not dedicated to PvP, the evolution of these designed has bared out over the past 20 years. Instanced arena PvP was the staple in WOW and millions of people played it fine. Even vastly more modern games like SWoR had instanced PvP. Sure, its not for everyone but a lot of people will play it. This really isnt a surprise in this game, anyone worth their salt in PvP would have known this. Its not like the game was specifically designed for large PvP like you saw in games like Warhammer, DAOC or guild wars. Instanced arena style PvP is really the only way this game can go with its design. It just took our devs far to long to understand it.

parallelogram likes this.
  2. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

My lvl 110 fire mage brother died to a lvl ~95ish TAMER. All this complaining is pointless....

parallelogram and kaeshiva like this.
  3. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

p.s.: you are all playing characters that are intended to go through 5 episodes with different content and higher and higher degrees of mobs and quests that will most likely give WAY more exp as the episodes progress, so reaching 200 in a skill might be easy in episode 5, just not so likely now because the quests/mobs dont reward as much (most likely intentional). Those grinding like mad to push their character might just be wasting their time since they can probably do it way easier when other episodes roll out.

my point being that eventually, everyone will reach the hard cap of 200 with ease

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  4. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

The difference is so negligible and not worthy of complaints.

5. Floors

Floors Avatar

I agree the grinding doesnt really make sense, but on the other hand the game lacks enough endgame (post quests) content and at least it keeps people playing so I dont see it as a problem. Its only a problem for game design reasons when everyone is gonna be so inflated. I looked at LFG and its all, upper tears, upper tears, upper tears. Maybe they should make moreof these wave battle with different enemy types....

6. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

Sometimes i wonder if people misunderstood the mmo <RPG> part of the description (where level and skills matter in an char beacuase rpg was turn based by nature, so tactics and not twitchy fingers decided the outcome.)

I wish that it was not grinding but maybe some sort of questing that defined skills and such but i know, complicated with online games.

In the meantime i enjoy a little bit more <another> game that is offline and has great base building and such, modelled after that cimmerion dude

7. Vrenmar Bloodborn

Vrenmar Bloodborn Avatar

Pets have extremely bad damage application vs moving targets and are easily snared rooted ect rendering them worthless in Pvp. Also tamed pets don't have resist as far as I can tell, my taming specilization 50 obsidian bear pet was two shot by a mage in obsidian trials. Nevermind horrible pathfinding. It couldn't have been the pet that killed him.

FrostII likes this.
  8. the Lacedaemonian

the Lacedaemonian Avatar

Nobody is going to reach level 200 in a 1x skill. 175B experience would take too long for anyone to want that tiny gain in efficacy. Other aspects of the game must be significantly improved before any of the existing players will hang around for another 5 years. Holding everything else constant.

Dhanas and kaeshiva like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.