Well that was stupid...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SolaDeiGratia, Oct 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

If you don't want to wait until you finish the main questline, there are also many players selling Deeds for In game gold, you just need to look around and explore. You can also buy deeds from the COTO vendors in the big towns. COTO does not need to be purchased with Cash either, its available to buy from many player vendors for in game gold. Prices and availability vary during the year.

Point is, you can do almost anything without paying a cent if you are resourceful in the game and explore/work for it. Sometimes you need to be a little patient as well (like looking for lots to place). Things turn over. Eventually.

2. SolaDeiGratia

SolaDeiGratia Avatar

I can't tell you all how grateful I am at this communities graciousness and help. Someone, out of the goodness of their heart, sent me a deed via email. It was not necessary as I will be doing all the quests, regardless, and perhaps I can return the favor to another new player in the future with my free deed, or simply send it to the person who helped me. I have been playing online games since Text based online games and this is the first community since Realms of Despair and Ultima Online that I have been so impressed with the caliber of the player base.

You folks exemplify the virtues and again, I am grateful. I look forward to meeting new people in this world.

Gorthyn, Barugon, Bow Vale and 6 others like this.
  3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

That is wonderful @SolaDeiGratia and yes I agree we have a wonderful community for sure. Experiencing the making of this game if you have not heard was not the easiest road imo. It was a lot of waiting and waiting and hoping for your favorite things to come in and now here we are with so much at our fingertips and even much more is coming. I truly wish you many wonderful hours discovering what your favorite things will be and in the meantime enjoying the journey.

SolaDeiGratia likes this.
  4. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

@SolaDeiGratia - I'm glad that you discovered how to get your free Row Lot Deed via the main questline and also happy to see so many other players helping you out.

However, (and don't take this as a personal attack, just clarifying something here) I feel the need to address your OP where you said that they should provide a warning message on the store that you need the lot deed to place the house. They do in fact state that on every house deed sales page. Here is the notification on the Kobold 3-story Alcove Row home (which I believe is the one you might have purchased):
    The part I colored yellow explains that you also need the property to place the home. Perhaps it could have stood out a bit more with bold text or maybe even broken out into a separate line... but the warning was provided on the page where you bought the house. You should always read the entire page for add-on store items to make sure that you are buying what you think you are buying. :D

SolaDeiGratia and Black FjP like this.
  5. SolaDeiGratia

SolaDeiGratia Avatar

I'm not sure how I missed that! Perhaps it was in my excitement to have a home of my very own. I'll reflect that in my OP. I know I'm not the only one who didn't see that so it wouldn't hurt to make it more evident, but again, people; it pays to read all the fine print!

Jaesun, Daxxe Diggler and Black FjP like this.
  6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

or it also says this:

Kobold Village Inn
    [​IMG]
    In our line of Kobold homes is this unique 4-story Kobold Village Inn, designed specifically with 15 rent ready rooms!

(NOTE: You will need a Village or larger Property to place this home in-game)

***instead it could say you will need a LOT DEED to Place this house also purchasable from the store or in game***

It is calling it a property and that does not necessarily make sense to new players imo.

Elwyn, Jaesun, Brent S and 1 other person like this.
  7. SolaDeiGratia

SolaDeiGratia Avatar

That's actually quite true. I do recall seeing that note now. I also recall thinking to myself... I have a property in my possession! Why won't this place! ;)

I also recall thinking, I'm at an open Row lot. So what more do I need?

majoria70 likes this.
  8. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I think it would be great on a purchase of any house to have a warning pop up stating as you said. being a seasoned player and talking to many new players alot of them do not fully understand with out another explaining the system to them. I do hope that in the new player tutorial that they go over some of this which would be great to help new players understand the world beyond combat and the likes.

Jaesun and majoria70 like this.
  9. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

I wouldn't say the questline is that easy to finish, I still have not been able to complete the Path if the Oracle but yes there are other reasons too I agree wholeheartedly with that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.