Well that was stupid...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SolaDeiGratia, Oct 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SolaDeiGratia

SolaDeiGratia Avatar

It does pay to read and research before buying anything for a game. I misunderstood player housing and just paid $30 for a 3 story row kobold house deed only to discover I can't claim any land without spending even more money.

My bad, but I will be much more wary before I invest another cent into this game. What a disappointment.

EDIT:

Solution as so well stated below in the comments, You can get a free deed for a lot by doing all three of the main quest lines.

I would recommend a more visible warning message on the store that tells you that you need such a deed as part of the confirmation process. There was indeed one there, but for dumb dumbs, like me, it would be a good warning to put in a confirmation of purchase screen. Especially with the high cost of properties.

Loving the game!

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
    Vaentorian, Xee, Rada Torment and 5 others like this.
  2. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

In order to place a house you must have a land deed.
    I'm sure you have figured that out by now.
    But did you know that when you finish the main quest line, a free row land deed is the reward?

"Release 55, all Avatars who complete the entire story will receive a Player-Owned Town Row Lot Deed (Taxed) from the Oracle! This means completing the Paths of Truth, Love, Courage, and the Path of the Oracle"

Barugon, FrostII, Jaesun and 2 others like this.
  3. Curt

Curt Avatar

You will be able to get a lot deed by completing The main quest

4. SolaDeiGratia

SolaDeiGratia Avatar

I did not know this... This is good news, indeed. Still, I should be more careful. Caveat Emptor as is said.

5. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Look before you leap, then try a triple half gainer before you go splat. If your going to go, go with style.

6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Always feel free to ask any questions here. We are always happy to help.

7. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

ya, you will get a free deed when you complete the main questlines, I got videos for them if you need help.

8. Dulayne

Dulayne Avatar

Also another cool thing that you can do as well, is take part in a raffle by buying tickets at housing merchants in towns. You have the chance to win a deed for the different town types. The raffles are done on the day of a new release. :)

If you would like some gold to be able to take part in a couple, add me "Dulayne Movaro" and I would be happy to donate you a bit of cash to buy a ticket or two. :)

9. Girlsname

Girlsname Avatar

I’ve used Macs quests guides so frequently that I have his YouTube bookmarked.

Extremely helpful, he even has guides for zone blessing too!

+1

10. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

You can get a deed without spending another cent... All you need do is complete the story.

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  11. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Also if you need a place to live until you get your deed, many people have inns where you can stay for free and store your stuff in containers there.

12. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Welcome, SolaDeiGratia!

SolaDeiGratia likes this.
  13. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

14. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Welcome!

15. Azareilia

Azareilia Avatar

Welcome hope you find a great place to live ;)

16. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome @SolaDeiGratia. I know it can be confusing since you must have a ''lot deed' first off to claim a lot. Then you will have the option to place any house in your inventory thatfits that lot. So like row house fits row lot deed, row and village house fits village lot deed fif example. Only one house per lot and row deeds always have a house on it never blank land like the larger sizes.

As mentioned many housing options are available in the meantime.

If going for waiting for the lot deed from doing all 3 of the quest lines then for sure consider not living out of your bank. Many of us offer free rooms since we do have a tenant system. To access this you find it on your lot stone or sign and can set the tenant permission and then right click any door in the a house you own to add the person's name to the door. If charging rent it can be mailed using our in game mail system.

I am Majoria in the game and please let me know if I can can help anytime. :)

17. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

Hopefully one day soon Port will change their deed and house pricing to something more reasonable and realistic rather than the daft levels they are now.

Maybe then the world won't be covered in ghost towns.

18. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I am glad you found a great answer with a free lot deed that many have suggested. Can you please edit your OP and add this information? That way any new players will see this question and the answer right away in the same post.

19. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

I understand your pain. I did the same thing myself long ago... over 2 years ago... They still haven't made it clear to new players. The whole system is like nothing I've seen before, and the direction (although) it's printed everywhere is confusing. I find myself still having to explain it way too often. So something needs to be done about it, better than it is.

@DarkStarr
    Suggestion: Add-on store if you buy a home, maybe a pop-up that says, "Before buying this home, you MUST own a Land Deed and have used that deed on an available Lot." Have an option checkbox to disable the message. Same thing with buying a home from an in-game vendor and a hint.

I know it's on the page itself... However:
    1) It does not stand out, and can be pretty easy to miss
    2) A lot of people will not read that closely unless it BAMF!

SolaDeiGratia and K1000 like this.
  20. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

The deed can be obtained for free following the questline and homes can be easly crafted or bought for a few golds from the Homes merchant NPC, probably the existence of ghost towns is due to something else and not because of the inaccessibility of deeds and houses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.