2-5 minutes to load game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Buc Denizen, Nov 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hendoman

The Hendoman Avatar

and while you are at it, task manager your system and make sure you aren't experiencing the 100%hdd usage thing that's been going around lately. There's a lot of other threads around here that are a wealth (or a headache) https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/minimum-system-requirements.55790/ of information on tracking down what might not be working.

If I get PvP'ed by a 5 year old....... :)

it would be interesting to have some sticky post that someone collects everyone's (and Port's) benchmarks - really it would lay out a perfect Sota build. For this year o.0

THE HENDOMAN

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
    Buc Denizen and LiquidBlaze like this.
  2. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

5 minutes sends up "Somethings wrong" signals to me.

And if it's stalling that long on equipping Avatars, that might be a clue.

I don't have much beyond that, just seeing if it trips anyone elses ideas.

Buc Denizen likes this.
  3. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

I apologize if y9u mentioned this and I missed it, but is the speedy el cheapo using an HDD or an SSD?

4. Breezy

Breezy Avatar

Hello all. I recently bought this Gaming PC. I am not very technical and would prefer just to plug and play. Honestly, just reading a few replies in this thread made my head spin. I am experiencing crazy long load times. I never timed it, but I have time to go to the kitchen and pop some popcorn on the equipping avatars.

Also, this the only game that I play that takes ALL my system's resources. I can't watch a video or browse a site while playing and it's really annoying. I pushed the settings down to fastest and I play in a small window (Initially so I can see the site on the side of my monitor.) But now I play fullscreen since there's no use to trying to see something else while playing.

Anyway, is there anything I can do to speed up play time now other than buying a new harddrive? I just dropped my saved money on the computer and didn't really plan on getting another upgrade so soon. I was hoping to stream, but maybe not this game ha haThanks!!

------------------
    System Information
    ------------------
    Time of this report: 11/3/2018, 06:02:49

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134) (17134.rs4_release.180410-1804)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Acer
    System Model: Aspire GX-281
    BIOS: R01-A0 (type: UEFI)
    Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1400 Quad-Core Processor (8 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
    Memory: 8192MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 8126MB RAM
    Page File: 10768MB used, 10478MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 12
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    Miracast: Available, with HDCP
    Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
    DxDiag Version: 10.00.17134.0001 64bit Unicode

---------------
    Display Devices
    ---------------
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce GTX 1050
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Device Type: Full Device (POST)

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
  5. The Hendoman

The Hendoman Avatar

same as mine- it's the 8 meg memory that makes a couple of game files very long to load. I wouldn't be shocked to learn qaud core is interfering somehow, too. It is a head-swimmer, and there are other threads on this 8 meg memory topic, but the long and short is you're better off increasing memory to 12 or 16. How much memory came on the gtx1050 card? Just curious

THE HENDOMAN

6. Breezy

Breezy Avatar

@The Hendoman: My bad. I cut the DiagDX off too short. Does this answer your question at all? I also googled around saw a site that said 2GB GDDR5 memory.

---------------
    Display Devices
    ---------------
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce GTX 1050
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Device Type: Full Device (POST)
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1C81&SUBSYS_5454174B&REV_A1
    Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER]
    Device Problem Code: No Problem
    Driver Problem Code: Unknown
    Display Memory: 6040 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 1977 MB
    Shared Memory: 4063 MB
    Current Mode: 1920 x 1200 (32 bit) (59Hz)

The Hendoman likes this.
  7. sake888

sake888 Avatar

I wouldn't spend more, your PC should run this game fine. There are players with far faster systems than yours and mine that are hitting the same walls. Grit your teeth, roll your eyes or move on to just about any other game out there. This one is by far the worst performing game I've ever tried to play, and this goes back 30 some years.

8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hmm well when I had my gaming rig built I got 32 GB's of ram and Samsung Evo 850 ssd. My graphics card is an Nvidia 1060 GDDR 6GB. My gaming computer was built so I could upgrade as needed instead of having to buy a brand new computer so soon. New games are getting higher and higher requirements and this game has a very lot to it. The devs keep working on performance. 8 GB's ram is way too low for a gaming computer. The game plays really well for me but I understand frustrations for those who are trying to play with the systems they just have. I hope others can offer suggestions that help you. Best wishes.

Scanphor likes this.
  9. smack

smack Avatar

This is the obvious culprit but just guessing here. Loading the game into the Novia Overworld takes about 6.4 GB of memory. Loading into a town (e.g. Xenos) takes about 7.1 GB of memory. You're likely heavily thrashing on disk unnecessarily.

Bump that to 16 GB or go all out with 32 GB. Your GTX 1050 is fine.

The Hendoman and Breezy like this.
  10. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

More RAM (16gb total recommended) would help although a 1050 is a little weak for this game tbh. I recently upgraded my secondary PC from a 960 (which is a little ahead of a 1050) to a 1060 and saw a huge uptick in performance - and that PC runs on an old core i3 which is less powerful that the Ryzen.

An SSD would help with load times but not with 'resources maxed out' when playing.

Breezy likes this.
  11. Buc Denizen

Buc Denizen Avatar

7200 SATA2 HDD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.