REQUEST: GIVE ALL MASKS IN THE COTO MERCHANTS ETERNAL PATTERNS!

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Doctorface, Mar 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doctorface

Doctorface Avatar

Title says it all! I wanna be able to become a werebearserker and I know one person who would like the elf mask! it's silly.

MANTACO, Boo Ladedada, Ember and 5 others like this.
  2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

NOPE need to keep eternal stuff with some value, if stuff like this keeps getting changed might as well just give all the original backs their money back since their tiems could be gotten today for nothing.

Patters sure, eternal NO WAY

3. Thief

Thief Avatar

Masks at least can have a pattern?

Would be good for heavy users.

4. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Why would a mask on COTO merchant not already provide an eternal pattern via salvaging?

5. Doctorface

Doctorface Avatar

I dunno,but go look at the coto merchants and the bear/elf/wolf masks. They don't give Patterns at all for no readily apparent reason.

6. Cock of the North

Cock of the North Avatar

The altwrnative is a completely cosmetic item with absolutely no practical application which will probably get purchased a lot less.

I agree with the OP that more masks and items from store ahould give patterns.

As for the suggestion that original backers items would be worthless. So what?

Original backers were backing a crowdfunded game to get made at all.

So it is not really a valid point when what we are suggesting is something that would create more new income from the game because relatively useless items would actually have more of a reason for us to actually buy them.

I know I buy very very few items because as far as combat in this game is concerned, gear is extremely important. And an item with zero stats on it is useless so I dont buy it.

I also donated a small amount of cash back a long time ago. Does that make me an original backer?

Because ALL of the items I received when I claimed my pledge rewards are 100% useless to me. They sit on a shelf as decorations because they have absolutely no use in any slot at all. And they do not give patterns.

They are basically vendor trash. The exact same vendor trash I see on everyone elses vendors trying to sell these particularly uselsss items to unsuspecting fools for ludicrously high prices. Because they themselves have no use for them.

TL:DR

Give us eternal patterns on store bought items so we might actually buy and use them.

7. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I think patterns are fine for altering the appearance of a specific item type, but some things are really designed to only be cosmetic. Making masks into patterns means those have to be specifically designed to work with an armor type; the Elf Mask for example would never be able to be use don Plate armor, or players would complain that it is being used to hide what armor they are wearing. So they would need to make a mask of an elf wearing a plate helm, or they would have to move these masks to a different slot so they could be used in addition to a helm, which just means more work for Port.

We will eventually see a lot more cosmetic-only items coming when Theatres are added, as they specifically said masks and costumes would be making their way into the game at that point.

8. Manerd

Manerd Avatar

The way that patterns work, you put the pattern on another like item....shield pattern on a shield, a 2-handed sword pattern on a 2-handed sword. You would be putting a mask pattern on another mask??? I think the OP wants to put a mask pattern onto what.....a helm? So maybe mask do not have patterns for that reason? Just saying

Ember and Stryker Sparhawk like this.
  9. Doctorface

Doctorface Avatar

The Masks are listed as light armor. I don't wanna use light armor patterns on heavy armor,that would be silly! As for any 'backer' stuff, 90% of the stuff on the COTO merchants ALREADY gives patterns,hell I could wear a wedding tux on epic cloth if I wanted to. I fail to see how eternal patterns of any kind would make backers suddenly get screwed. The Masks are ALREADY armor anyway,just with very minor stats akin to starter armor.

The few devs I've talked to via my stream say it's likely something that was overlooked and never touched on again due to other things popping up/being more important. At least some of these responses are more reasonable compared to the vitriol I have had slung at me in other spots for merely suggesting a cosmetic item should be patterned over something functional like...Literally any set of armor you buy from the coto merchants.

10. Ember

Ember Avatar

It would be nice to have some fun cosmetic items that are considered Heavy armor for those of us who wear plate or chain while adventuring. :D Heavy armor wearing adventurers also need some fashion love methinks. :p

Doctorface likes this.
  11. Doctorface

Doctorface Avatar

Agreed,Plate armor needs some serious love! Would love to see some of the plate ideas come back like the summer flame plate and the spring leaf plate,would be cool! At least there's a plate set on the docket for the next telethon.

Ember likes this.
  12. Kelanor

Kelanor Avatar

I'm going to necro bump this topic.
    Please make the Dragon Mask and all the other addon shop masks have patterns so that us heavy armor wearers can toss these amazing masks on our plate helmets!
    Please and thank you! :)

13. Presto

Presto Avatar

I need the Kobold Archer mask given this treatment too. THanks

14. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

...and this would meet my expectations for the patterns system. I think its healthiest for the game culture if everything can be patterned into everything else (within its own kind - every shortshort patterned as any other, any light armor headpiece patterned into any other, etc).

Elf mask pattern for a bone helm? absolutely. Thats the sort of thing that sets SoTA apart, and adds increasing degrees of sophistication to expression and customization in the game.

I would hope that eventually, every single backer / add-on item comes with an eternal pattern. Breaking a backer item down into an eternal pattern is healthy for the economy - it makes the originals even more rare!

Violette Dyonisys likes this.
  15. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Yeah, I remember @DarkStarr talking about how he wanted Fish People vs. some other tribe (dragons?), but without masks having patterns, this is a non-starter.

And each mask type needs both heavy and light armor variants, or two work on all. Unleash the RP!

16. Kelanor

Kelanor Avatar

I feel like i wasted my money on my dragon mask at this point. It sits in my backpack because it's light armor. x.x
    I'm not taking off my helmet of courage for this thing when i'm barely beating content as is.

17. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

We are going to try to make this happen sooner vs. later (patterns for masks to use them on helms). Thanks for the necro!

18. Kelanor

Kelanor Avatar

Thank you very much for lending the ear. It's so nice to see a reply from the developers themselves. :)

Vladamir Begemot and MANTACO like this.
  19. Doctorface

Doctorface Avatar

o_O Starr?

Welp

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.