Best way to maximize producer XP?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oyjord Hansen, Jun 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

One more tip for everyone: all the main crafting skills, for refining and production, gives you an speed bonus. It takes lot of xp but worth if you already have a good emount of pool.

Bowen Bloodgood and margaritte like this.
  2. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I think it is good for those of us who still need/want the XP to remember that there will be other double XP opportunities. As it stands, I want to GM all the masterworks but I need about 12 million? To do that now.. I'll never get it. But I can build a foundation to continue working on it so I can do better next time around.

I will eventually go back to smelting, but right now I feel I will get the best bang for my buck in the mines. Next time around perhaps I will have GMed my refining skills so I can make better use of my time crafting rather than gathering?

Well my current plan is to gather through to mid next week. Then I should plenty of resources to craft with for the final days of the 2XP period (after quaffing a potion of guidance of course).

3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

and don't forget let others trade you recipes. We can trade many. If you run out of resources as mentioned you can always do mining for your xp.

4. golruul

golruul Avatar

Consider tabletop catapults. High level recipe, no reagents, not too many costly components needed. It effectively needs 1 ingot and 2 woods. You can get a lot of wood in sieges while Spectral Mines has an all-you-can-eat buffet of iron ore.

I grind catapults while doing chores and such. 1k xp per try. At 90 carpentry, I have <50% chance of success, which means less components used and more xp.

StarLord and Kain Darkmoor like this.
  5. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

ah but you do need fuel to make the metal and wood bindings so there is that. But level 90 required for the recipe so the XP on that should be pretty good.

6. thunderballz

thunderballz Avatar

I've been using the Belt of the Brutal Butcher for the 10% decrease to Meticulous Collection. Thank you, this takes down by 100%!

I can confirm that Obsidian Wolves are fantastic for plentiful, top tier XP, but would like to add that you will likely end up with a few Obsidian Wolf carcasses which give an additional 300 xp (now that double xp is permanent) when butchered. You'll also get a few regular Wolf carcasses, but I don't have that number at the moment.

Sorthious, Jaesun and Rada Torment like this.
  7. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I've been going after grand & obsidian boars lately. Should be the same as the wolves. (except wolves don't knock you back). I just prefer pork ribs. :)

thunderballz likes this.
  8. Lained

Lained Avatar

Sowing 2,500 seeds a day is pretty good for XP. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.