Backer NPCs

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Browncoat Jayson, Sep 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I thought it would be nice to have a place where backers who have an NPC in the game can post something to let us know their background. Who were they named after? Where can they be found? Even a brief story about the person who inspired the NPC.

I'd like to incorporate this into the Community pages for the NPCs on SotAwiki. Please note if you'd prefer me not to do so, and I'll link to this thread instead.

Additionally, this thread may be of use to the developers. I know a lot of the NPCs were implemented in a rushed timeframe, so we may be able to use this as a place to note what specific adjustments we want to make to the NPCs in the future. Note that this is not the place to request functionality, but tweaks like character model, coloring, odd text, etc, that might be more like feedback than a bug (which should be submitted using the /bug command in-game).

Thanks to the community for their submissions, and to the developers for allowing us to populate the world of Novia.

2. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I'll get us started. My NPC is Mari Holly, the housing deeds vendor that can be found on the way up the mountain to Brittany Castle in Central Brittany. She was added in Release 55.

Her namesake is my mother, Mary A. (Holy) Kuhlmann, who passed away in 2011. My mom was quite a character; she had lots of phrases that made us smile. I sent some of these to Lum, who was happy to try to get her voice into the character. She loved Stephen King books, and was born just a few days apart (although she always pointed out that he was older). Her family ran a cafe that she worked in through high school, before starting a family. She was a realtor, and even president of the Realtor's association, which of course is now her job in game.

Eventually, I'd really love to change the character's model to a blonde haired woman in one of the newer peasant dresses (preferably the Long Sleeve Pockets Peasant Dress, with the Brittany ponytail style).

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
  3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i've been waiting for the call for npcs for brit fields.

4. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Jaesun and Browncoat Jayson like this.
  5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Ghidorah, the adventurer trainer in Xenos.

6. Brent S

Brent S Avatar

Mine is Whitten in Resolute.
    I also submitted Telara the barmaid in Aerie since there a was a shortage of NPCs there.
    There might also be a magic merchant in Aerie named Belana that would also be mine.

Jaesun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.