1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Crowns should not be able to repair durability

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by oplek, Aug 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vesper

Vesper Avatar

This is inaccurate. I always have top tier swords and armour, pump cotos into them until its down to 10 max dura. And I trash swords and get new ones every couple weeks. While using a preservation pot and blessing

King Robert likes this.
  2. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

You are obviously not most players.

3. Vesper

Vesper Avatar

You’re obviously not most players either, see the issue with blanket generalisations?

King Robert and Joe Zhudarak like this.
  4. Lord Stein

Lord Stein Avatar

I'm all for crown repairs to restore durability...they need money to make game better period. If you don't like it don't do it... there are more important things to do than changing old things.
    I have been here since day 1.. and fully expected that it would be a very long time { maybe forever} to complete the game. MY UO account is 23 yrs old. They still continue to make improvements.
    It may seem to some that the game not getting better with time. That is false.. the game gets better every day. Criticize things all you want..the game will grow every day.
    I feel there are enough believers to make this game unlike any other game..and I started with Pong... and played most every game.. I believe In this game and enjoy playing it a few hrs. a day.

Lained and Vesper like this.
  5. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

The last time I replaced a piece of gear was 5 months ago. I play daily. Everything I'm wearing has at least 25 durability left, most much more. I don't kill cabalists all the time, but I'm doing T6-8 scenes pretty much solo. I'd expect that normal wear and tear means I should be replacing things about as often as you are, every 3-4 weeks on average. But I'm not, at all. Based on the people I've talked to, this is fairly common for casual players, which is a problem for a market. Those like you who do need to replace things often, and as you say have "top tier" gear, probably arn't going to settle for anything subpar on your gear, which means you are also paying far more gold than its possible that I've ever collected in this game.

Sure, I could go hit cabalists every day and have to replace my gear every week, but thats an idiotic playstyle with the current item economy. And my gear would be even worse, because I'd either be buying the crap I can afford (dregs from trying to make yours?), or using starter gear so I don't have to worry about durability. That kills any economy too.

6. Vesper

Vesper Avatar

Idiotic play style eh?

7. oplek

oplek Avatar

Presumably, having a functional crafting economy is part of having players around... you know, one of the major aspects pitched for the game. People who stick around for that would potentially pony up money while they're here.

Many aspects surrounding this game are an exercise of wanting to have your cake and eat it too. This is one of the glaring examples - people who want a crafting economy, but also simultaneously want the game to completely scramble that possibility.

Items should be removed from the game at least the same rate they're added. Otherwise, no economy. That's just the cold hard reality of it. I didn't say it would be fun. It's just a fact of life. We're a handful of players sitting on top of mountains of items, with no one to sell to but other players sitting on top of mountains of items. And the occasional new player who tries out the game for a couple weeks.

But I suppose I should be happy at least that we seem to mostly have a consensus that we won't have a crafting economy.

8. oplek

oplek Avatar

The economy as it is, is mostly kept afloat by those who will do the market-town, or high level crafting, despite the game's bad mechanics. If they went more "regular mode", we'd be in a worse state than we are.

I've heard people say that our problem is that we don't have enough players. That's not it, because the problem scales with the playerbase size.

Suppose we suddenly got 10x more players than we have now. Sure, stuff would fly off the shelves... for awhile. But those new players would also consist of quite a number who also want to do crafting. It wouldn't take long before those shelves would be restocked permanently, and excess supply going into unending fields of warehouses of extra stock. We'd still have the completely out-of-whack imbalance between item production and item loss.

The one smidgen I'd grant about having more players is that, there's be a higher rate of people trying out the game, buying a bit of stuff, then quitting, effectively taking those items out of the game with them. You can't build an economy on that.

9. Jack SinAssist

Jack SinAssist Avatar

Truth!

10. Atticus Gryphonheart

Atticus Gryphonheart Legend of the Hearth

For a functioning economy to work, you must offer consumers what they want at a reasonable price.

Right now, no one want to sell what people really want at a decent price.

I havent looked at every dealer...but I have yet to find an artifact weapon fully developed and for sale.

If there is one...I am curious what they are offering it at..guessing in the million range...again a fail

Trying to force people to buy crap is not going to help the economy.

We need to keep lobbying for substantial change to the RNG system and what can be produced...especially by peeps who put alot of skill points at higher levels

Need to improve what can be offered

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.