No more Heritage

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Barugon, Aug 25, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Of note, on the QA Server currently, the Heritage is removed and they are asking people to go and try it out:

Testing Directive: Player Dungeon/Basement fix and Heritage Removal
    • A QA patch has just been released which requires player testing. There are some known issues, one of which is the Governor missing from two POTs. We are continuing to work on correcting this issue.

The other is that Heritage has been deactivated for new items purchased in the Crown Store, while already existing Heritage items in player possession are still not tradeable. We are working to do a Data Migration tomorrow morning (Chris or I will update when this is complete ON the QA server). We will want to get as many players testing on QA prior to publishing these and the below changes on the Live Game Server.

• Changes Requiring Player testing:

* Heritage:
      Ensure that Heritage Items (any item in the Crown Store valued over 1000 COTOS) can be purchased and traded freely. Please NOTE: All items currently have the Heritage icon on them, though it's presence does not have an impact on the item being tradeable (mousing over the item will show if the item is in fact no trade). The heritage icons will be removed after the Data Migration/next QA build.
    So give this a try and see if you see anything possibly not working.

Wilfred, CICI and Time Lord like this.
  2. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

When should we expect this to be live on the main server? ~TL~
    (I'm working out my schedual so I can get my Deco game on)

3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

this will require taking the game down. TENTATIVE plan is to do it the previously scheduled time for R106, which we've been going back and forth on with calling 106 or 105.5. so, PROBABLY 9/29, no matter what we call it.

Wilfred, Anpu, Cordelayne and 3 others like this.
  4. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

QA is now live with the Release Candidate build that includes removing the Heritage flag on store items, along with Heritage items you already own.

Please check this out and let us know if there are issues ... As Alley noted above, we will need to take down the Live server when this is implemented, so it will be considered a Release update.
    The exact date will be determined once we soak the build on QA.

See the Testing Directive details here:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...-directive-heritage-item-flag-removal.172498/

Sentinel2, Wilfred, FrostII and 3 others like this.
  5. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all
    I just traded one of the Magic Fishing Statues from my personal inventory and a Rustic Antique Shop bought from the COTO store to another player. Both of these items were previously Heritage items and both went thru the mail just fine. Thank you for removing Heritage tag on the QA Server. This will make giving gifts and deco'ing with my friends much easier.

Edit

6. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

We will be implementing the second patch for R105 on Thursday the 22nd starting at 7am CT.
    The server will be going offline while the server is updated. The early start is to ensure the server is back up by 10:30am CT.

The most notable changes in this patch:

* Heritage is no more!
    - Item's that were flagged as Heritage will now be tradeable.
    - Some items will remain as no-trade due to special circumstances such as Quest, Log-in, and other Rewards, etc., such as the Row and Village lot deeds awarded when completing an outskirts scene or the main questline respectively.

[​IMG]
    :D~Time Lord~:thumbs up:

that_shawn_guy likes this.
  7. Chiasma

Chiasma Bug Hunter

Just found out some crown shop items are no-trade instead of heritage. Not sure if bought one will stay as no-trade after the change:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 23, 2022
    Time Lord likes this.
  8. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

that IS a bug, but one we got. the gothic display case and some of the fine oak bookshelves.
    if you see anything else in the store that is flagged no trade, please bug report! ...but that's a lot to go through...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.