Seriously Disappointed With My Purchase

Discussion in 'Crown Store' started by Sandra Sosaria, Mar 24, 2024.

1. Sandra Sosaria

Sandra Sosaria Avatar

I have just bought the Heraldry Heart shaped shield, displayed blue with LB's cross and silver serpent in the sale for 560 crowns, which I was going to hang on my wall and all i got was a plain grey heart shaped shield. I would not have bought it had I known it was not as displayed in the picture. Please consider what is being advertised and what is actually for sale thank you.

FrostII and Beaumaris like this.
  2. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

Heraldry items are items that you can put your own approved heraldry images on. To show in the store they want to show someone's heraldry so they use LBs. There are Lord British shields for sale in game at least during his birthday month (but you would be able to find them on player vendors) but I don't think there is a heart shaped one available.

If you send a polite email to support@shroudoftheavatar.com they will likely undo your purchase though it might take some time.

FrostII, Lily Byrd and Alley Oop like this.
  3. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

FrostII likes this.
  4. Sandra Sosaria

Sandra Sosaria Avatar

Yes but there are 2 pictures I have since realized and I feel it would be better to have the 2nd picture as the 1st picture and that then also be the main advertising picture as it is misleading as to what you will get, then the 2nd picture can be viewed to show what it could look like. I only purchased because i was lead to believe i would get a heart shaped shield wit LB's logo not a plain heart shaped shield. I feel that the main picture on anything should show what you get not what it could look like, its like buying a car that hasn't been sprayed with paint yet, you would not expect that. I will in future be checking more closely but for new players it is misleading.

Beaumaris, Winfield and FrostII like this.
  5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hi just to chime in. I know how it feels to be disappointed in a purchase. Perhaps plead your case with customer service and wishlist your desire regarding this item. It makes total sense to me that you expected something more to your liking and didn't receive that which caused your disappointment. Good luck.

Beaumaris and FrostII like this.
  6. Eveara

Eveara Avatar

I used to re-purchase stuff from disappointed players (especially newcomers) at the exact price they bought it - maybe it's worth trying to plead your case in-game via the traders' chat? You might make someone happy and get your COTOs back.

FrostII likes this.
  7. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thank you for pointing this out!
    I am adding additional notes in the description of the item that should make it clear that the displayed image is an example once the Heraldry is applied. (you can also click on the cion of the item to bring up a full window showing the actual item (all metal))

Please send an email to support@shroudoftheavatar.com and we will happily take the shield back and refund the COTOs if you haven't found someone to sell it to in game.

Edit: I also have re-ordered the images so it shows the plain shield first.

8. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Yay! Catnip always does right by the players. :)

Isabel Ayin, FrostII and Beaumaris like this.
  9. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Just change the heraldry image used to one that reads "your image here"

FrostII likes this.