More Basement Ideas

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Hazard, Apr 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xenar

Xenar Avatar

Ok, with modular, customizable basements, I'll just need an outhouse shack on my lot to provide access to the pleasure palace, extended research and library areas, and loot storage facilities.

Oh, and my personal underground moongate!

2. Sundews

Sundews Avatar

How about a basement full of moongates, for various destinations?

3. DimwitTheWise

DimwitTheWise Avatar

This is sounding familiar...

Hazard likes this.
  4. Fredrick FlameGrinder

Fredrick FlameGrinder Avatar

A Couple other ideas..
    1. Monster MMA Arena
    Basement where Owner can setup an in game currency wagering system where visitors may take part.
    They can go through a series of bouts each preconfigured by the owner of the house with a set of monsters.
    Challenger will be shown the award for winning the match(es). They must wager a smaller amount that is lost if they lose the tournament which goes to the house owners bank.

2. Underground Gambling basement, same idea but with card games, etc.

Hazard likes this.
  5. Mattsy

Mattsy Avatar

Some great ideas. Very cool! I can't help but think they are unlikely to give any real benefits that to basements that remove the need to leave your home. Eg mining, harvesting from home or having monsters spawn there etc. Would make the world unbalanced.

Storage etc though, awesome.

Andernut and Hazard like this.
  6. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

Hm, my idea is much more simple.
    Merge city stone 5 story and city arena.
    First the arena and beneath 2-3 floors from the city stone basement.
    I like the arena, but i need more space for crafting and storage.

7. Cannibus

Cannibus Avatar

-Five Level mine basement that the player actually has to maintain or carve-out somewhat with pickaxe utilizing periodically replaced wooden trusses, and that may occasionally have a minor cave-in pending proper maintenance following major use.

That is a great idea, you could incorporate almost anything with it. Maybe dig into some ore veins or underground water pools.

Hazard likes this.
  8. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

I like the idea of being able to have some unique feature in the lowest level basement (ie. river running through or lava or pond whatever) but for the most part I would think size/shape/texture of the basement is the most important thing and then allow the ability to craft divisions and find items for it. I saw moss mentioned, but really one doesn't need a basement designed around this, one just needs the ability to place moss whether harvestable or not, as a decorative item.

Arena and mine basements etc. are stylistic differences. I think it's important to note that I would rather have features to personalize my basement after choosing a style/layout than a whole bunch of pre-built basements to choose from.

Huge cavernous underground paradise waterfall basement would be cool too.

I sure wish I could run down the stairs to my basement though :(

Hazard likes this.
  9. Hazard

Hazard Avatar

Yeah, that's one of the main arguments that I can see over adding certain features - some may be better off to discover in the Underworld or elsewhere in Novia, at least to start. As far as basement resources (if enacted), they should likely be frustratingly scarce or extremely low-grade - more of a curio than anything.

Andernut likes this.
  10. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

Exactly. As I have said before, it should be something that is a convenience if you are making low-level items and need an extra iron ore or two. If you have a basement and a house, you are probably not crafting low level items every day so it's not really useful all the time.

In a way, it could be used to keep people coming back to the game every day, especially if there was a 1 in 1000 chance they got something better than iron. If they knew they could get 2-4 ore every day and maybe a special one, they would be incentivized to come in each and every day to get their ore. It's a social gaming trick.

Hazard likes this.
  11. Sundews

Sundews Avatar

Will you be able to hide the trapdoor to your basement under a rug?

12. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

SHHHHH.

13. Balazar

Balazar Avatar

Hey, that would be a great use of the extra houses!

14. Sundews

Sundews Avatar

How about being able to place multiple small basements on a large lot?

15. redfish

redfish Avatar

I didn't see this thread when I posted mine :))) Sorry. Some repeated ideas.

There are also a lot of ideas that would be cool in the game but probably wouldn't work for player homes. For example, imagine an underground river or something like that, and at your basement is a dock with a small boat. This would either lead to caverns, or a grotto. (Please, the game needs grottoes).

mahjah, Koldar and Time Lord like this.
  16. Xenar

Xenar Avatar

I'm thinking town arena style for my Mage den. Desk and work benches, and a place to sleep in the middle. Book shelves and crafting stations up in the gallery. Knights keep up top (better looking than the lords home IMO), assuming I can get a stairway from keep to the basement, I'm too old for a ladder. Vendor, and fancy stuff up there. Pure Mage den aka man cave in the big ole basement. Needs more light though.

Koldar and Time Lord like this.
  17. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

would be also my wish for the village lot when they announced the arena basement for village

Senash Kasigal and Time Lord like this.
  18. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Im sure that they can be good auction houses. And I like them in UO, more than to buy normally.

Time Lord likes this.
  19. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

(tradyblix brought this suggestion up again in another thread, and it really piqued my interest, so apologies for the minor necro)

I really like the idea of the ethereal void style basement concept.

One could design the "basement" as a series of stairs and platforms surrounded by a black expanse, along the lines of say the dreamscape in "Martian Dreams".

The "walls" would be transparent, in such a way as to appear non-existent, but still allow stuff to be hung on them (giving the impression it is floating in mid-air).

The entrance portal would be a lunar rift object (rather than a floor trap-door), or one of those "Wizard Tower" teleport pads.

Mmmm... Very tasty, especially at the size of a Keep lot. That would be wild. :D

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.