Unofficial poll: What do you most want out of Shroud?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tekkamansoul, May 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sperg

Sperg Avatar

UO2

crossbowsoda likes this.
  2. Silis

Silis Avatar

I of course want my cake and to eat it too ;). But more specifically I would really like to see the sustainability of the game through a solid experience after you've completed the main story and reached whatever the 'cap' is for your character. There should be rewards that are obtainable but difficult that require more than simple grinding of pvp or dungeons. Epic quests that have truly epic rewards but are not limited to adventuring gear. I want to embark on a quest to battle a fabled creature and mount it in my house for the world to see. A series of puzzles and cryptic messages to find an ancient technique to create the worlds more intricate item with my crafting skills. A copy of my own bounty poster from my exploits as a brigand and thief.

Bring us flair not just a grind!

crossbowsoda likes this.
  3. Acrylic 300

Acrylic 300 Avatar

Sandbox!
    No Exploits!
    Balanced Rewards!

Best PvE ever, Best PvP ever, Best Crafting ever, and Best Questing ever.

On top of all of that I want to sit back in disbelief at what just happened. To say, "wtf just happened" over and over like some mind boggling epiphany that tells me the developers are way smarter than I gave them credit for.

crossbowsoda likes this.
  4. mechatech

mechatech Avatar

Single Player: I want the world to feel alive. I want the ability to feel like I can affect the world. If I steal from the bank or rob a house, the NPC's should react. If I go on a killing spree the next person I talk to shouldn't act like business as usual. Run me out of town, attack me on sight, throw me in jail. If I do good in the world, the NPCs should also react and treat me well.

Multiplayer: A great player driven economy. My craftable items shouldn't feel like I'm just making the same stuff as everyone else. Let me at least name my item or customize something if my skill is great. Don't make combat a numbers game. I don't want numbers flying all over the screen(like Neverwinter). Let skill and equipment count more than level grind.

Also, I hate it when I can't wear level 20 armor at level 19, that's just dumb. I should be able to wear any non magic equipment at any level. I maybe slow and less likely to hit a target, but I should be able to wear it.

crossbowsoda likes this.
  5. beastvold

beastvold Avatar

1. Story driven RPG. Interestingly enough, my first introduction to the Ultima series came at about the same time as my first experience with Tracy Hickman's novels (Dragonlance Chronicles). To have the two of these legends working together just blows my mind!

2. Strong guilds with members I can hang out with online. Guilds that are active in the game world, bringing their own unique creativity to the game. Only half of the game is made by Richard Garriot and company - the other half is made by the players themselves as they use the game mechanics to bring something to the game the designers and developers could never have imagined.

3. After the 5 years of installments in the story, I would like to see the game be community driven. Give active and responsible members construction sets to add user created locations and quests within the game. This will help keep the game fresh and alive, even after the developers have gone on to new projects.

crossbowsoda and smack like this.
  6. Illesac

Illesac Avatar

<b>Dynamic economy that promotes interaction between players</b>

Assumed features: Exploit free large world

crossbowsoda likes this.
  7. Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel Avatar

As Umbrae already mentioned the game should be should have a great story which you can play along with your best friends or being able to find new friends. It's all about adventure, roleplaying and having fun diving into a fantasy world.

Decisions player make should have consequences... positive or negative ones. Being a robber and thug should make the most people don't like the bandit and officials will try to set up a bounty on his/her head while city guards will try to imprison him/her. Or the adventurers with good allignment should be honored when they help the people.

Or like Jarrod Kailef already said... it should be a place to live in... a place where you could hdo tings you want to... with or without others. But it should "not" be some pvp arena where everyone is killing others just for "fun" that doesn't fit in any roleplaying game in my opinion. On the other hand it should be possible for two nobles to duel each other to impress a lady or something like that. I mean "reasonable pvp" (knight games and tournaments) should be possible though.

Also I like crafting... even for hours a day... tailoring new dresses and show them to my boyfriend and my friends... even make clothes for them too :)

And it would be really great if animations and graphics would look awesome too... not that it would be that neccessary... but taking the next years in mind it would be better to have some great game which you can enjoy over many years like I enjoyd UO for several years (but mainly the roleplaying kept me playing :) ) Adventuring and Exploring can make a lot of fun too especially with your friends.

Other things:

- you should be able to individualize your characters appearance (f.e. wearing the look you like... not the look you are forced into because this or that is actually the best armor you can wear right now)
    - sit down on chairs or at the campsite to eat/drink with your party and recover from the tough battles
    - community being able to create at least small events on their own like marriages, promotions in the guild or other celebrations

crossbowsoda likes this.
  8. Freddy

Freddy Avatar

Repeat what I read: LOVE to have :1. The element of fear when hunting in a dungeon or farming, where you can be attacked at anytime like Ultima Online. Before Renaissance took that aspect of the game. When a red player struck dread and fear.

2. No areas of attack protection except cities, but stealing like pickpockets master should be at bank sides again, great adrenaline picking the silver katan

3. Teleporting systems with marking runes wherever you like, moongates to get to the places with no magic skills

4. Lockpocking to enter houses, with mastertheft being able to steel, of course beeing able to be pked with no effect on reputation

5 body loot from pvp after pk, body rotting with lootlose if not manage to get your body resurected after death

6 ingerdiences need for magic spells ( no corp por without mandrake roots ;)... )

Overall I hope to get a game back as UO with lots of adrenaline being on adventure journey with friends. This gamefeeling was lost as someone invented the twoworld-trammel thing and screwed all things up. There was no other game till today where I got this gameplay back...still suffer from that ;)

Pledge knight looking to get my youth dream back ;)

Freddy
    Guildleader PK ToT and part of COE @ Drachenfels

crossbowsoda and Deus_Irae like this.
  9. draykor darkale

draykor darkale Avatar

1) Open world exploration
    2) Housing
    3) Tons of achievements and collectables.

crossbowsoda and Time Lord like this.
  10. randomonium

randomonium Avatar

1) Open world
    2) Intelligent crafting
    3) Almost completely offline, perhaps just online with some co-op
    4) Real puzzles

crossbowsoda likes this.
  11. Monkus

Monkus Avatar

1) SOCIAL - Amazing Community Social Platform to have an absolute blast with other players!

2) MMO based Economy, Housing, PvP, and End Game PvE.

3) Open Unforgiving Dangerous World that is teeming with surprises and rewards for the danger.

4) Exploration: I love it in a game when I travel way off the normal path and begin to explore and I find something beautiful and magnificent to look at, it doesn't even need to be loot or anything game related just needs to be beautiful and different one of a kind, even better if it is ruins or lore related content.

5) A strong player driving economy with many tools to trade and interact with other players.

crossbowsoda likes this.
  12. DavenRock

DavenRock Avatar

Crafting/Collecting
    Different Armors
    Different Apparel, not just two kinds of hats.
    Different Weapons, there are more than two kinds of swords and maces..

More concentration on housing, namely Item placement. I should be able to place an item wherever I want. not just throw it in a slot like a bookshelf. If i want to lock something down on the floor i should be able to do so.

Enemies should have intelligence, not just stand there waiting for someone to come, but have activity and personality.

The multi-facet guild alliance interface
    instanced guild-halls, so all guilds could have one. and that way it would be easier for guilds to meet and pvp since they would be coming out of the same area.

crossbowsoda, Isaiah and G Din like this.
  13. DavenRock

DavenRock Avatar

Oh and a more real looking dual-scale map, rather than fake looking. I appreciate what the Space Bard has done, but i would rather have a more real looking travel...

crossbowsoda, Isaiah and G Din like this.
  14. Cymek

Cymek Avatar

1) Open and immensely interesting world. ArenaNet freaking NAILED this one with GW2.
    2) Deep Crafting system
    3) The ability to live as a crafter or other non-combat profession. If I set out to be the finest shield maker in all New Britannia, then it should be achievable.
    4) Some kind of social hub. I remember in SWG, I would go into a cantina to get entertainer buffs. Next thing I knew, I had struck up a conversation with my fellow gamers and and hour had just flown by. Give us a reason to go to taverns, give us social tools. I would love to have nights where I logged in for 3 hours and never entered combat.
    5) Large world of collectibles. Sub sets of collectible items. i.e., pet collections, trophy collections, miniatures collections, art collections, furniture collections etc.
    6) Some kind of mentorship abilities. If I talk a buddy into trying SotA, I should have some kind of ability to mentor that person. It should be mutually beneficial to both parties.
    7) Story - with Hickman on board, I'm not worried about this.

crossbowsoda likes this.
  15. Matheryn

Matheryn Avatar

short answer - UO with modern graphics

Long answer - i would like a game almost simular to UO with more modern graphics and all the little things fixed like the virtue system, areas that were left stagnant being revamped to be made enjoyable, get rid of paragons they were just annoying, NO Asian expansion, get rid of trammel and have only 1 facet IE fellucia and make it so that if anyone kills a person in a town they get arrested by guards and are made to sit in the jail for a period of time - (first kill 1 day, 2nd kill 2 days 3rd kill banned from entering towns under penalty of death till a 1 month timer expires). I would also love for them to ditch the 2d map travel concept (that was good in the single player games but for a MMO its a bit underwhelming) and go back to the open world style that UO had. Incorperate phasing technology with the trees so that is too many lumberjacks were cutting down trees the area would be strip mined and make it so that the tree being cut down turns into a stump thus allowing a new profession 'Forestry' to come into play where people could plant new trees and also cross polinate seeds to grow rare trees that produce different types of wood. Bring in creatures from the old Ultima series that were missed in UO like the giant bees from Yew. More defination to the current skills to polish and rebuff them to give them more relevance. Better EM scenario's instead of a little read out story line then spawn endless monsters for x amount of weeks. Puzzles and traps that needs to be solved and disarmed in dungeons making a thief more involved IE with the traps part.

(my list can go on and on but here are some of the basic concepts that i have found over the years while playing UO that i would have like to see improved)

crossbowsoda likes this.
  16. Browdy

Browdy Avatar

1. crafting skills
    2. animal taming
    3. events!

crossbowsoda likes this.
  17. Bun

Bun Avatar

1. A new world with rules the same as UO felluca ie pks, danger, full looting, no insurance of items, faction wars like com,shadowlords,minax true brittanians.

2. Thieving and snooping . I was the 1st Legendary Thief on Europa and the thrill of making off with a +20 magery scroll worth millions was fantastic leaving the victim crying :)

18. Matheryn

Matheryn Avatar

an open world to travel in not a map to walk across

crossbowsoda likes this.
  19. TheWanderingPoet

TheWanderingPoet Avatar

Given what I've already been told about how the game will be (free roam and such), all I really want out of SotA is a game that isn't flashy (or gives the option to disable flashing). Not only do these flashy modern games give me a headache, but I have a friend who is photosensitive who would be unable to play due to seizure risk.

crossbowsoda likes this.
  20. justice_roberts

justice_roberts Avatar

The thing that made Ultima Online so great in the beginning was the lack of rules. Later, the game got bogged down with rules. You can't loot without turning grey for 15 minutes, you can't do this, you can't do that. It got really tedious. Just open up the world, let people do what they want... and let them face the natural consequences... like in the real world.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.