Unofficial poll: What do you most want out of Shroud?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tekkamansoul, May 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NeeNee

NeeNee Avatar

A place I can go to hang out, craft, participate in community/group events, farm, have an adventure. More than just killing things. (but also killing things)
    Lore that's part of the game, not just 'The players will make the world'.
    A chance to act out my inner paladin when I want to.
    Many different things to craft, whether that be through dyes, spells, creation events, adding lootable goodies, etc.

Seems promising so far!

2. Veylen The AenigmA

Veylen The AenigmA Avatar

heh trust me, skeletons are pretty smart for not having brains :p

3. Otha Livinded

Otha Livinded Avatar

In a world full of follow-the -carrot pre-canned nonsense of the sort found in the tired clichés of World of Warcraft, I want an omline sandbox world where I and others can RP freely with our characters, challenge ourselves against beasties in dark and wild places and live our lives in our own highly customizable homes where we display the trophies from our adventures and build an ongoing, ever changing history for ourselves.

I'm not keen on a lot of pre-scripted scenerios and I don't need a lot of pushing. The more freedom there is to go where you want when one feels like it, the better the game will be.

Home should be as important as the adventure. Story should come from the players, and there should be a strong sense of doing things that MATTER in the world. No need for pre-fabricated saving the entire world every Tuesday. The adventures can be small- but they need to have persistence in that they have actually happened and can be retold to younger new players who come along later.

In short, the game needs to allow for creative, inventive play by the gamer, and leave the pre-scripted trappings of todays boring and shallow MMOs behind.

Ultima Online, for all of it's hoary age, had all of this available- so I am hopeful!

Veylen The Aenigma likes this.
  4. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

1. Freedom via sand box
    2. Crafting system as elaborate as UO
    3. random encounters and pvp

10. u can keep the story, if i wanna store id read a book.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.