1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Add-On Store Credit Conversion

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by dallas, Apr 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

Would it be possible to allow us to make payments to online credit so we can build up funds to be able to buy addons so we don't have to buy them with 1 payment.

*Edit*
    I guess I could manually buy a $20.00 item every few weeks then melt them down later to get a bigger priced item, Will there be a time when the melting of items will no longer work? I'm hoping the feature will always be there & the reason you can't melt an item is after it's been used more than 10 times. This way even in the game we can see the house, walk in it & still trade it for something else. 10x is too much for a house maybe but for a crafting item it would make sense.

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

So now we want a car boot sale system as well as the shop, we will soon end up with just a medieval version of F*c*book's Ultimate Collector.

3. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

What?

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I would like to see some function that allows Guilds to place $ into the Guild Holder's account for the purchase of Guild Structures (aka Guild House) tools or whatever.
    I guess this could be done by the melt down feature, but it would seem to me the store needs some finer tuning in this area of Guild stuffs for clarity.
    Or an I mistaken? o_O
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

5. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

I would hope that Guild houses and equipment are purchased with in game gold donated to the guild funds by members not shop bought items.

6. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

My friend wagram,

The old ideas of ingame effort vs outside game effort is a very "Bit Coin" style issue. To take the position that there is some higher nobility to be had by paying for something ingame, is to say that your own pledge and it's benefits are but a sham (which they are not).
    Guilds are already donating to other accounts outside the game in large amounts which are not as secure to the donator's intent as they would be in such a SotA Store venue.
    The only things they are not selling in the online store here are skills. All else is very much up for sale and should be to financially support the development of our game.
    There is no way to block or police the sale of accounts or their profits from would be foreign sweat shops that have and would continue to arise unless our game, "we ourselves", embrace the new broken barriers of the real world's virtual economy. Thus the request of providing such services does support the finest spirit of what crowd funding any game is all about.
    "It's new unstoppable unregulated global virtual economy". To go any other direction, is to stick our heads in the sand and hold cheap our compassion for those unfortunate people and children that would become enslaved by some Ebay overlord in a 3rd world country, looking to continue making Ebay$ while others suffer for it's toils in a sweat shop.

Sorry, but that's the way it is...
    ~Time Lord~:(

7. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

I would like to sell my citizen house from my knights tier & buy one of the new houses.

Time Lord, eyestalk and Lord Baldrith like this.
  8. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

The only benefits I have are the 1st 3 episodes ( if they get completed) and what I feel are just worthless fluff.
    Should be a lot easier to track accounts now that they are mostly all digital downloads with DRM so they need your personal details and payment , what you mean is the gaming industry cannot be ar*ed to police it and most of the new generation of gamers like everything easy.
    If the gaming industry allow it they are condoning unfortunate people and children being enslaved but why would they care it's all about the $.

9. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

What does this have to do with the OP?

10. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

I don't get it.

11. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I thought it was one of the bravest things I've ever heard any game designer say when RG was explaining his comments on the Bit Coin and the new online economy and it's ramifications if some forms of pay to play are not embraced. He took good advertising his game time and threw it to the side and made those comments of the 3rd world sweat shops.
    As a USA Citizen now living in a 3rd world country, I can very much see this happening here within the internet cafe's. Here, there can be seen rows upon rows of young gamers and they are all not doing it for only fun. Some indeed are brainwashed zombie players that are feeding the store's teller with goods to sell on E-Bay. As innocent as that may sound, imagine how young those children can be that I am seeing there. Many have brought their very young brothers and sisters there to help pay for their big brother's accounts by such mining and other activity. One small child I saw, her job was just to transport loot and goods back from the others. This type of exploited feeding of a hidden industry is so invisible, that you would hardly notice it going on at all, unless you looked behind the PC Screen of the teller and see that his has the e-bay postings of the goods being mined out from the game.

This is a very real thing that is happening without game designers taking such embracing leaps in the growing world internet economy! :(
    ~Time Lord~o_O

12. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

I just posted a reply to a post wanting to setup a $ based guild fund and said I thought Guild homes and equipment should be funded with the guild members using in game gold not $.

Which led to a reply about child slave labour that I replied to.

13. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

"You are correct!":D It did :D
    Other than skills, I believe that we need to embrace the new "things" and other services that can be provided for within the SotA online store. I was only replying to the why those things should be accommodated so we can cut down on any that would later be sold on e-bay by guilds made up of little children that are looking for food money and their acceptance by big brother in their real life economy.
    And by the way, in those internet cafe's (what a sweet sounding sweat shop) "they serve the smaller children bowls of rice in the back room"... so I guess they are not just animals ... as they do get the bowl, but without the spoon o_O
    Thus anything that can be sold or helped to sell (other than skills) should be made available.
    Currently, I guess any guild wanting to pool their $ on one account, could use the melt down and gift to the common Guild account through items.
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

14. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

My main concern was maybe not all that join your guild wish to becomes slaves to the add on shop and waste their money.
    Will you have a disclaimer "Only apply if you are willing to spend $"

15. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

No, I don't have a Guild :(, I have many Guilds that I wish to donate to their funds for their Guild's structures :)
    So, are you trying to say that these "other people" need to be better protected?
    So am I... and the way to best do that, is through our online store ;)
    Then it's their own option, and my option to give as well to support guild structures.

"Is their anything I'm missing in the matter of any player's options of freedom within the request for store accommodations?"
    I'm confused to the issue here, maybe you could further explain why you think it's a bad idea that will hurt people...o_O
    or do I mistake you or the comment?
    I'm just saying it's allot of credit conversion to go through to donate or gift $ between accounts...
    ~TL~:rolleyes:

16. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

OK....way off topic...however....

I'm going to be extremely controversial now and say 'slavery' and 'sweat shops' do in fact serve a certain purpose in poorer economies and countries.

Modern western countries seems to forget that it wasn't that long ago when they were just the same......using 'workhouses' in the Victorian period in England is a great example.

Economies do evolve and the poorer nations certainly will. I don't in anyway support what they do, however at least it keeps a roof over people's heads and keeps people fed. It's to easy to judge and try to compare a rich economy with modern ideas to how a poorer country operates....... The real answer is you don't compare but look in ways to move the poorer economy forward with detriment to its people.

17. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Yes, those are good examples and our SotA Guild mates that are less fortunate will be needing a Guild home,"Until they gain a better education to afford their own".

Of course we could wish for them not to have an equity for them to draw on for such Guild housing needs, which would place them in the same category as the Serfs, having some rent demanded by them. Then some day when they are thought to not be earning their keep, they too can go out into the world homeless and without base of a thriving collective and collecting income.

Store Conversion is a very interesting thing and one that could accommodate Co-Ownerships of Guild Housing, or at least some form of how to collect $ under one Guild leader's held accounts.

As has been pointed out through our pasts real history, until there was a rebellion for more support of any people's education, or accommodation for their collective welfare for their progress, they will remain in the style of Serfdom.

We need to support our SotA Guild's, through a better welfare in the form of Store Conversion...o_O
    Revolutions are only requests by the many wishing for more, by teaching their domineers that to not do comply, or continue any Serfdom is the wrong thing to do.
    By making excuse for such wrong things, we only hide what we have supported.

"Guild Funds Need a Way to Become Collective Through Our Store"
    ~TL~:rolleyes:

18. DimwitTheWise

DimwitTheWise Avatar

Have they said how long the conversion/melting will be available? Is it a permanent addition or will it be removed at some point?

Time Lord likes this.
  19. smack

smack Avatar

I don't believe they've said, but I'd imagine it will last as long as they are still selling digital goods pre-launch. Post-launch gets trickier as then you can now consume those digital goods and trade them in-game so they need to ensure the add-on store conversion knows you no longer own that digital item and can't convert stuff you don't own.

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.