1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Add-On Store Credit Conversion

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by dallas, Apr 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dallas

dallas Co-Founder Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Now you can sell back your Hot Tub if you decide it's too hot in the hot tub!

Tassilo published a new version of the SotA website yesterday that includes the add-on item meltdown feature. This allows you to sell back any of your digital add-on items for Store Credit. This only works for Add-On items and you cannot convert pledges to Store Credit.

If you accidentally sell back an item, you can repurchase it immediately, unless that item is no longer available in the Add-On Store (such as the Darkstarr Moondial).

You will be able to apply Store Credit toward the purchase (or gifting) of Add-On Store items, or toward the purchase or (or gifting) of a Pledge or toward the purchase of a Pledge Upgrade (but not for pledge payment plans). Remember, once you've used Store Credit toward a pledge, it cannot be converted back to Store Credit.

The system is pretty straightforward to use. Just login to the SotA website, go to your Account page, and you'll see a "Convert to Credits" button next to each of your Add-On items. Press the "Convert to Credits" button and you'll be asked to confirm your choice.

Once you've converted the item, it will be removed from your account page and you will see the value you paid for the item added to the Store Credits value displayed in the box at the top of your account page.

You can now use this Store Credit in the Add-On Store or to purchase or upgrade a pledge. Once you select an item to purchase in the Add-On store, or select a pledge to purchase or upgrade, you will see a change in the Payment Form layout to now include a line for the available Store Credit. the amount applied toward the purchase will default to zero (0). You can click in the Store Credit box to type in the amount of available Store Credit you would like to apply (or change the value with the up/down arrows that become visible when you mouse over the Store Credit box).

That's it. Please check out the system if there are items you wish to convert to Store Credit (like your Hot Tub) for use on other items or pledges and if you encounter any problems with the system please report it to support@portalarium.com.

dallas

2. TheLarper

TheLarper Avatar

If the hot tub was not a joke it should be revisited due to 2min after email posted none avail.

3. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

Thanks! Was able to convert my addons into credit and use the credit to purchase other items!

it still is a joke....

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

this raises a quick question:
    And would it be for the same price? Some items like those from some sales actions several month agon are maybe 8$ and would now cost 10 or more. So if you accidentially sell such discounted item, would you be able to buy it back fo this discounted price?
    *Salute*
    Olahorand

5. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

Thanks for adding the conversion!

The hot tub was a good April Fools joke.. but I think it really would be a hot seller. Just sayin'.

6. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

check your account page for credits. Then when you make a purchase, just apply your addon credit before you check out.

Time Lord and Kuno Brauer like this.
  7. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

I finally figured it out. Thanks for the info.

8. Hayate

Hayate Avatar

Agreed

Alexander and ByTor like this.
  9. dallas

dallas Co-Founder Emeritus Dev Emeritus

The way it works right now, if you sell an item that you purchase for a discount, that item can only be repurchased at the current price. If this happens to you, then contact Customer Service.

Lord Stein and Olahorand like this.
  10. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

All seems to be working as planed! was able to cash in my few hundred Oracle heads and 25 or so city deeds and make a nice purchase!

[​IMG]

Time Lord likes this.
  11. Stavros Black

Stavros Black Avatar

I really wanted a hot tub! (We want the hot tub! We want the hot tub! We want the hot tub!) Sales of this product could finance SotA through the next decade. Just sayin.

Thanks for getting this done before the Apr 7 cut off date, I was able to switch out credits for things that were no longer going to serve me in order to finish my account upgrade. :)

Good job!

Cypher

Olahorand, Sir Stile Teckel and ByTor like this.
  12. Ekosh Dach

Ekosh Dach Avatar

Awesome, thanks for getting this for us. Conversions done, add a few more funds and was able to make it to Edelmann. Now lets discuss getting that hot tub in the store.

Olahorand likes this.
  13. Lord Gorynych

Lord Gorynych Avatar

Great!
    I think It also needed to add the ability of gifting existing in account add-on items or pledges, like it is in star citizen.

Time Lord likes this.
  14. Hayate

Hayate Avatar

I do like that feature. Works we'll for Star Citizen.

15. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

This would definitively help Customer support by allowing users with multiple pledges on one account, to split those up, and users to give away pledges without compromising the email address currently associated with the account (i.e. claiming "account hacked, check original email address" at a later time).
    *Salute*
    Olahorand

Time Lord likes this.
  16. OrionSnake

OrionSnake Avatar

This is a great implementation. Thank you SoTA team!!

17. DyNaMiX

DyNaMiX Avatar

So just to clarify: I can now return my items of prosperity and purchase any bundles (and thus save some coin for further investment)?

Want to be ABSOLUTELY sure before I do anything. :)

18. Hazard

Hazard Avatar

Yes, I did this exact thing and received store credit, which I've since utilized. Just don't return the latest three as they are not yet in a bundle.

19. DyNaMiX

DyNaMiX Avatar

Brilliant!

Well this has turned out very different. So I returned the previous prosperity items and then purchased the bundle with the savings. I have also decided to upgrade my Collector pledge to Patron on the final day. $20 credit + $ of my own to push my pledge to the Patron level. Probably wouldn't have considered this if not for the credit.

So thank you, Portalarium. :)

Hazard likes this.
  20. DimwitTheWise

DimwitTheWise Avatar

I had purchased "Tracy Hickman's Shroud of the Avatar Novel (digital & physical)" prior to upping my pledge and now I am unable to melt it down (no button next to it while all other items had one). This was one of the main things I wanted to melt as I could use the money to help an upgrade. Is it possible tto melt it or was this intentional to leave it nnon-meltable even though we get it in pledges as well?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.