The Rage I Feel For Just Finding Out About Shroud

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Trippy, Apr 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

Welcome Trippy, have a look at the Market Place forum, there are people looking to sell their Early Founder Accounts so that would effectively get you all the rewards of a kickstarter backer.

Jivalax Azon and Time Lord like this.
  2. DyNaMiX

DyNaMiX Avatar

This is why I hate exclusivity in any medium. You're now punished for not being aware. :/

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

Yeah, but you do have to look at it in context. People don't do this stuff to create division; they do it to encourage early adoption and get people signed on.

(And keeping the ability to be created a founder open until just recently, a year after the Kickstarter, was more than generous, I thought...)

4. DyNaMiX

DyNaMiX Avatar

True enough. But then, and this is what I like about the current pledges, you can still get them. They are more expensive now, but you can still get them (without Founder benefits).

If I missed the initial pledge, I'd pay twice the price to ensure I didn't miss out. :/

Jivalax Azon and Time Lord like this.
  5. Furmanator

Furmanator Avatar

Welcome Trippy and Caerunnos and yes there is a lot of UO players here, probably more then other people think. Many smurfs and companions here but I cant talk much about that or I will be drawn and quartered . Look forward to your input in building a great game.

Jivalax Azon, Caerunnos and Time Lord like this.
  6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome Trippy, so glad you found Shroud of The Avatar. Enjoy the ride.

Jivalax Azon, Beli and Time Lord like this.
  7. Trippy

Trippy Avatar

Wow! Thank you everyone for the great reception!

I am currently making my way through all the threads in order to get up to speed on the game before I start tossing out thoughts and idea. Also, I have ended up with an open weekend, so hopefully R5 will not be to diffuclt to learn.

Trippy

Jivalax Azon likes this.
  8. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

Not to worry, it isn't actually a "game" yet, so if you have any fun it's a bug. They'll release instructions, it should include what keys and commands work, what works in the game. If something isn't listed as being in the game it probably isn't in yet. My dad struggled with that a lot, because a lot of items were in the game, but their functionality hadn't been built yet, so in like R1 we had fishing poles but they didn't do anything. I believe they now function, but I haven't figured it out yet.

Also remember everything is still work in progress, systems will be greatly expanded on nothing is even close to how it should be for release.. it's pre-alpha, much earlier stage of development than anyone outside the company normally sees.

Keep your eye out in community announcements, they usually put the instructions in there.

And Ofcourse, Welcome.

One of my co-workers told me this game appeared in this month's game informer, so hopefully word will spread of this game. I think it's still under the radar.

Phredicon and Jivalax Azon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.