Row houses decay time frame

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Cabrens, Jun 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cabrens

Cabrens Avatar

Portalarium, in an effort to expand game funding, introduced new free city plots of the size of 1/4 of a village plot (city plot=plots placed within city walls).

The previous decay timeframe for the free plots (no show) was depending on the tier level and was more or less specified as this :

Citizen : 5 month Edelman : 6 month Knight : 7 month Lord : 8 month Baron : 9 month Duke : 10 month LoM : 11 month

With the introduction of the two new tiers and the row houses deeds, here is what it would give :

Ancestor : 2 month Navigator : 3 month Developer : 4 month
    Knight Marshal : 8 month Lord : 9 month Lord Marshall : 10 monh Baron : 11 month Duke : 12 month LoM : 13 month.

Can a developer confirm those features? It seems fairly important to find out those time frames for somebody that would like to upgrade to the new plot and tiers, and unfortunatly no precision was given.

I d like to find out as well if a village plot can be placed inside city walls (benefiting from the protection of the force fields). Since village plots are meant to be an upgrade from row plots, it would make sense to give this option to village plots as well...

2. Sebastion2

Sebastion2 Avatar

What's this about a Decay Timeframe?

3. Noctiflora

Noctiflora Avatar

Hmm. I must have missed that. I wasn't aware there was any differences in decay times planned. Honestly I don't care for that at all. Regardless of what someone paid for their pledge level, the real life concerns for everyone are still potentially the same. I don't feel that a higher pledge should entitle one to more time for real life emergencies than those with lower pledges.

If those time frames have already been stated, then nothing to be done about it, but I don't see any reason to make the new tier lots less than village lots. If someone is going through something in RL that prevents them playing for an extended period, the last thing they need is to also be worrying about their game property. Just my opinion.

4. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Cabren is basing their logic off this FAQ : https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=19#faq_55

They are attempting to infer how long the tax-free lot decay time will be for row-house tiers, based on information that has not been updated to account for those new tiers.

Personally, my preference would be to go with Noctiflora's suggestion, and have all the new lower tier-levels have the same decay as Citizen.

However, until that FAQ is updated, it is unclear how long will be given to under-Citizen tier levels. :)

Keldrin, Noctiflora and Time Lord like this.
  5. Mugly Wumple

Mugly Wumple Avatar

Something needs to be bumped up. Given the digression of decay times it follows that an add-on plot would only get one month grace. That's pretty harsh. I think there should be an absolute minimum of 3 months.

Noctiflora likes this.
  6. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

From the sounds of the aforementioned FAQ you are correct : If you miss a monthly payment on a taxed lot, it appears to revert immediately.

Hopefully there will be a means to pay-up for multiple months at a time, in case one needs to be away from the game for an extended period of time. :)

7. Keldrin

Keldrin Avatar

The whole add-on lot being lost after 1 month not logging in, was why when the chance came, to sell off my add-ons, I sold my add-on village lot, and upgraded to edelmann. (then knight tier started calling my name).
    I would be fairly happy with 2 months before decay. 1 month felt to risky to me. To much can happen, that might prevent me from logging in for a whole month. And to drop $150, at the time, for a house lot, that could get lost fairly easily, didn't feel to good of a investment.
    I'm guessing the time frame will be similar to what OP stated. When I looked at it, that was my best guess as well.
    Although... I could see developer being 5 month, navigator 4, and ancestor 3. That sounds reasonable to me. (I would like to see the 5 months for all the row house lot deeds, since I have a friend pledging ancestor. I just don't expect it to happen).
    I will be very very disappointed, if the row house lot deeds, get no extended log in extensions. Actually, I guess I would also be angry.
    Come to think of it, I think I'm a bit angry, that they would introduce row lots, and not already have this worked out, and announced. The whole approach of, buy this, but we're not going to tell you what your getting is getting old. We don't know what tools of prosperity really are. I know, that's probably kept quiet because either the people buying, will feel ripped off, that it's not that good of items to have, or the people preaching against pay to win will be mad, that it is something good to have that costs real world dollars.

8. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

Decay will not be like old ultima. It will store all your items and even how you placed them.
    I do not think you will run out of row house lots. So i think no big worrry needid

Keldrin likes this.
  9. Karrolanth

Karrolanth Avatar

It would be bad to lose the money you invested, but I don't think you lose that actual lot deed. You'll still have that to place elsewhere - if you can find a vacant lot - but you'll just lose the spot where you did have your house placed unless no one else snaps it up in the meantime.
    And as Myrcello said, your house and everything in it will still be preserved, hopefully in its decorated state, for you to just plunk down in a new spot. There shouldn't be any loss of anything you paid money for, as I understand it. :)

10. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Karrolanth is correct. When a lot goes unpaid, or an account with a rent free lot goes inactive for long enough, the house, and all of it's conpltents, and any other items owned outside the house on the lot are returned to the owner's inventory... including the Lot Deed that was used to claim the lot.
    Should the Avatar return to the game, they will be able to reclaim that lot with the same deed if it is still available, or claim another lot, and set their house back up.
    The deed, and the right to claim a lot will still be there. The only thing that is lost is the claim to that particular lot.

11. Keldrin

Keldrin Avatar

I understand that. However, the main advantage of buying versus earning the money in game for a lot deed, was guaranteed lot during the early selection time. I know, that the time spent earning the gold for the deed is worth something. But to me, the main thing I was getting for my monetary investment, was that guaranteed lot. Which, should likely be in a decent spot.
    Anyways, I bailed on that, and upgraded. So it's a non-issue to me anymore. Plus, I have a piano now! All those years of not taking piano lessons will finally pay off. Feel sorry for my neighbors listening to me attempt to play though.....

Nephrite likes this.
  12. Nephrite

Nephrite Avatar

Lol, the piano was also what finally pushed me to jump from Dev to Citizen. (Well, that and the bigger lot.) I really hope that the Piano is functional in some way. I've got high hopes for music and storytelling to be a thing in SotA.

13. Floors

Floors Avatar

Yes this is what they said. Although this did not work like this during R7 I should add :)

I lost all my house decorations when moving lots and they disappeared. So be careful!

You keep your lot deed, but you're going to lose prime placement.

There are surely places in the game that are more awe-inspiring places to live than others.

Keldrin likes this.
  14. Karrolanth

Karrolanth Avatar

I guess there's always the possibility that a player might lose their spot through inactivity or not paying the rent, and then find that all the available lots are taken (possibly even in player-owned towns). There's meant to be a good amount of land left over, to buy in-game after all the purchased lots are placed, but at some point before Episode 2 that's probably going to run out.

So, an inactive or (in-game) financially-strapped player might find that they lose their spot and can't place a new home until Episode 2 comes out with a new land mass. I would take that as a very good incentive to keep up with the rent or make sure I log in at least every few weeks. :)

(For the record, I don't see an issue with land becoming available after a reasonable amount of time - if the player who first claimed it is not playing the game, why not allow someone who is playing it to have the opportunity for a home? People who need to be away because of military duties and so on could perhaps make arrangements with a trusted family member to log in on their behalf and preserve their plot.)

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  15. smack

smack Avatar

Yep, the piano will definitely be playable in some way. They even showed a piano you can play on in the prototype video during the Kickstarter. Richard is big on creating a highly interactive game world, as this is one of his major design goals for his "ultimate RPG".

16. KingPramus

KingPramus Avatar

The only question I have in regards to this would be, if I take another lot somewhere else, will the tax free status follow? This scares me. I have pledged at the ancestor level and I know for a fact that I may have to take a break every now and then.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

17. smack

smack Avatar

The tax free status is tied to the lot deed, not the land itself. So if you want to move, you're simply unclaiming the land at one spot and re-claiming it at a new spot using the same tax-free deed.

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  18. KingPramus

KingPramus Avatar

cool! That's a big load off my mind.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

19. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

For me, as the houses got wiped and the game reopened, I tried the /bank command and all my deco dis show up in my backpack, initiating another outage to desktop.
    But the items were not lost. Other people, who placed a new lot first, seemed not to have any stuff in the bank anymore (or it was due to too many items, who knows).

*Salute*
    Olahorand

Miracle Dragon and Duke NRaas like this.
  20. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

I would concur that the /bank process did mostly work during R7.

The first time my lot was wiped, /bank did not work properly: The game came back with some sort of "waiting to process" message (unsure of actual wordage).

However, the second time my lot was wiped (a couple of versions later), /bank worked properly.

Though I did notice it initially gave me the items for the *first* lot wipe. After-which running /bank a second time gave me the items for the second lot wipe. :)

Olahorand likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.