So yet another unannounced change.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sir Korvash, Jul 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FireLotus

FireLotus Royal Bard & Master Dabbler Dev Emeritus

Another I'm locking until I've had a chance to review...

2. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

Row lot deeds were not available at kickstarter but they may be in game, so its one rule for the rich & one for the poor.

3. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

The Fact is that Lot deeds were never available during the Kickstarter campaign it specifically states in LOTM rewards: ONE RENT FREE CITY HOUSE DEED and an UPSCALE BARONS HOME.

SO these new supersized lots & Castles have been designed & developed by diverting & using every backers pledge money, yet they are being made exclusive to a small Preferential In Game Group.

Aegis159 and Papa Woody like this.
  4. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

I don't want anything given to me or I pay extra for to give my character a boost.
    I EARN everything I get by playing a game but I don't expect to be denied the chance to get everything that is in the game.

RG as stated its a Buy to Play game and you do not need to pay for anything extra to play the game. Pity he didn't add but we will deny you the opportunity to have everything unless you stump up $5000 upfront.

Star Citizen sells $10000+ spacecraft but anyone can obtain one with in game currency, maybe that's why they have $48,000,000 pledged.

5. Akrondar

Akrondar Avatar

The difference is that space is endless, and Novia isnt. There must be a fixed number of castles. Maybe if Portalarium open maybe 10 lots to be public acquired by players would create the illusion of an opportunity to get one of them. I am very certain that i will not be able to do it and could not care less about that fact.

Get over it ;)

Oh, and sorry for my horrible grammar xD

Bodhbh Dearg, Kaisa and Gaelis like this.
  6. Batoche1864

Batoche1864 Avatar

I don't see the issue here, KS founder pledges are receiving all that they are promised from the KS and all that equivalent level Benefactors get, so as items get added to the the Benefactors pledges the Founders are benefiting as well. That basically means that the Founders are benefiting from the Benefactors not the other way around and that you are twisting the facts so you can yell and shout on the forums.

As to the High Pledges that have been created since the KS, Founders are welcome to increase their pledge levels and gain these pledges just as any other Benefactor may upgrade to newly announced Pledge levels. It's my understanding that Founders have even been promised that these pledge levels will have Founder exclusive benefits added to those new pledges.

The only issue I see with the pledge levels that have been announced since the KS is that because Founders pledged at lower dollar amounts for the equivalent Benefactor levels they have a bigger jump to upgrade. I would like to see Portalarium announce that for a limited time Founders will get upgrade discounts for these and any other new pledge levels that get announced.

So while I don't always know all the facts I do try to indicate those I'm less sure of and do my best to make sure that what I post is accurate. I respect your right to hold differing opinions, I do question your right to post that which is demonstrably inaccurate and to get rude about disagreeing with me by changing your font colour to dayglow yellow and excessive use of all caps?

YMMV

7. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

They are creating player towns all over the world so no lot space shortage.

Get over it ;) ...................................... keep your personal comments to yourself.

Papa Woody and Lord Lonn Bimmer like this.
  8. Hayate

Hayate Avatar

1st I think you need to go cool off for awhile and stop instigating another argument about elite mentality and exclusive rewards such as the Keep and Castle Lots. Enough is enough.

2nd Star Citizen didn't get the bulk of its money from selling ships just by themselves. The bulk of that money came from an exclusive reward not obtainable in game called "LTI" Lifetime insurance. The ability to have a massive fleet of ships never needing the ability to pay for upkeep if it gets destroyed. Who wouldn't if they could afford it drop $1,250.00 for an Idris Frigate and not worry about losing it compared to the long grind and possibility of losing it one day. Sales dropped massively after that perk ended even though they still get a steady stream in since there is not limit to the size of ones hangar.

9. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

Time is money so any time I put in doing anything I expect to get what I am after.

YOU ARE PLAYING A VIDEO GAME THIS IS NOT REAL LIFE.... It cost a lot of real life $$$$$$$$$$$$ even to buy the game on release.

If you want to earn something get your ass off the couch and go make a living. If you choose to spend that money on this game than you EARNED that. Get a grip on reality. Keep your personal comments to yourself I don't need to read them. I have done 45 years of getting off the couch and working so I don't need any lessons in life from the likes of you.

Papa Woody likes this.
  10. Akrondar

Akrondar Avatar

That statement does not change the fact that cities and lots will be limited in number.

Batoche1864 and Gaelis like this.
  11. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

I had made a post stating what I thought, the 2 people that replied to it just used it to have personal attack on me. read what I wrote and their replies are below.

12. Hayate

Hayate Avatar

Report their posts if it is in a manner fitting a personal attack. However, it all started cause you started back up a topic currently locked in another thread. It wasn't a necessary comment made and the wording was befitting of someone trying to start an argument again. Which was succeeded with those 2 posts directed at you even if they were not following forum rules.

Batoche1864, Gaelis and Akro like this.
  13. Akrondar

Akrondar Avatar

It was not my intention to make a personal attack on you, i am sorry.

But i still think your argumentation is not solid.

Batoche1864 and abovenyquist like this.
  14. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

15. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Don't report me but I don't feel anything either of those persons said would qualify as an attack. Yea wargram was opinionated but fell well short of being an attack. When you use fourms you have to have thick skin and take things with a grain of salt. Just my .02 take it for what its worth.

Batoche1864 likes this.
  16. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

So its ok to assume I'm a mental case that needs to get a grip on reality also a bone idle bum that as spent all their life on a couch.
    When I started gaming you paid for a game and earned everything in game there were no in game shops to buy added perks and any other crap they can sell.

Papa Woody likes this.
  17. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Greetings Avatars,

I completely understand how the recent update to the text for the Keep & Castle Lots was concerning to some of you. I would like to address some of those concerns so I will reopen this thread for now as long as it stays aligned with our rules.

During our initial concept phase and during Kickstarter we created three sizes of lots: Village, Town, and City. At that time we stated that these would be the lot sizes in the game and that all housing would adhere to that sizing. We also stated that taxable versions of these lot sizes would be available in game and in the add-on store. Originally the Duke and Lord of the Manor pledges did not have unique land based houses (only unique waterfront houses). After pondering this, we decided that our largest backers should also be provided with unique housing, so we built the Lord of the Manor house.

After we built that house, backers who had pledged that amount started a discussion with us about the lot size for that pledge. The two issues they brought up were the relative size of the lot versus the financial contribution (City is 4X as big as Village lot but pledge is 20 times as big as Citizen pledge) and the amount of land versus the size of the Lord of the Manor house. That led us to create the Castle Lot which is 16 times as big as a Village Lot. This means to fit it on a map, it takes the space of 16 village lots.

At that size we were concerned that we might not be able to create enough terrain to support Castle Lots above and beyond our Lords of the Manor (25+). Additionally we were concerned that we would have to sacrifice too many smaller lots to make room for these bigger lots. In addition to that, we felt we needed to respond to the perceived value of the LotM pledge.

Making these lots exclusive both increases the value of the pledge, while at the same time minimizing the extra terrain needed and also keeping the number of smaller lots relatively untouched. We meant to be very clear about this exclusivity, but it soon became evident that in the original post, we were not clear enough. The Dukes also lobbied us to make changes to their lot size, and after much deliberation, we agreed. When we created that new lot, we also intended it to be exclusive, but neglected to mention that. After some members reached out to us for clarity, we realized our that further clarification was needed on the pledge text.

This has led some of you to feel like we are not being transparent and intentionally trying to “get one past”. Nothing could be further from the truth. If that was the case, we would not have further clarified the pledge text upon realizing it was a source of confusion. We would not have responded to the concerns submitted to us privately, and we would not be addressing those concerns now. Instead, we are taking the time to further clarify our decision to fix a text omission so that it aligned with the original design for the pledge. In layman’s terms, basically, we fixed a typo.

Some of you also accused us of making decisions without EVER involving the community. Again nothing could be farther from the truth. We have made more decisions with the community than not. We have made drastic changes to our designs and plans because of that very feedback. Examples include jumping, swimming, PVP priority, pledge rewards, and the list goes on.

We’ve also been accused of squelching dissenting opinions. That is also blatantly untrue. We welcome your opinions about the game and the project. I have gone on record multiple times asking for, and welcoming critiques. We only draw the line when you accuse us, or other community members of misconduct publicly, or use the forums as a platform with the intent of inciting others. If you have a concern about misconduct, you are welcome to send it to support@portalarium.com where it can be properly brought to the Team’s attention and addressed. The forums are not the appropriate or effective place to have these types of discussions, as they often spiral off topic and become non-constructive.

We’ve also been told we are becoming more elitist by the day because we only listen to our higher level backers. We do listen to all our backers, and yes, our higher backers do receive slightly more personalized attention, as they have literally invested more to make Shroud of the Avatar than anyone else. Our Developer Tier and above backers only represent 6% of our backers, but they have funded over 50% of the project. Many of them have done so at a level of personal sacrifice that is humbling to us and we do our best to honor them.

Can we do better with our communication and community inclusion in decisions? I'm sure we could. However, for a multi-million dollar project, we believe we are one of the most transparent, most inclusive, most collaborative, most community-influenced projects of this scale that has ever been done. We are always open to improvement, so if you can point us to specific examples at other projects of our kind (and scale) that are doing a better job of having their decisions driven by the community, are more transparent, and have met more of their promises, while at the same time are consistently delivering new content every single month, then we will do our very best to model them.

-Starr

18. Sayumi

Sayumi Avatar

Many backers only thing that they can get what they want by not pledging money BUT why be happy with that when numerous of our backers will complain that get what they want changing the game for the worse. I applaud Portalarium to stand their ground. Well done Darkstarr!

Examples of prior necessary giving in by Portalarium
    :
    First there was the Knight pledge level complaining that their Founder Outhouse house was not as good as the Benefactor House. Portalarium caved and make the Founder House nicer.

Then the Lord pledge level complained that the Benefactor house was nicer and and demanded a more upscale house. Portalarium caved and make the Founder House nicer.

Then the Knights complained that the Lord House should not be the only one with a Town lot and demanded a Town lot. Portalarium caved and created the Knight Marshall pledge with Town lot. This devalued all Town lots.

Then the 3D overland fiasco where people who did not like the unique cloth overland map complained to high hill demanding a change. Portalarium caved again.

Now we have where the Duke and LOTM pledge levels has exclusive lots and some people want that for free too and are demanding these lots are in the game for gold. Unreal!

The One speaks only the Truth!

19. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Im good with things you have said Darkstarr thanks for clarifying now get back to making epicness. .. :)

O hh and that cloth map thing from the previous poster was terrible I was glad to see it go.

20. Dame Lori

Dame Lori Avatar

Thank you, Starr. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.